+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint requirement late?

Megazero

Oct 31, 2019
I recently got an update on my citizenship application in which it asks me to take a new finger print because my old one is too old, so I took the letter to 1 of the fingerprints taking center around here to pay and get my fringerprints taken the day after I got the letter and they said it will take 4 to 6 weeks for the fingerprint that was taken to be submitted. In the letter that request my fringerprints to be retaken by the immigration office they said that "To proceed with your application, you must have your fingerprints taken within thirty (30) days of the date of this letter", so will the 4 to 6 weeks date that the center told me affect that? Or is the day I took the finger print the date that will be consider?

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
I recently got an update on my citizenship application in which it asks me to take a new finger print because my old one is too old, so I took the letter to 1 of the fingerprints taking center around here to pay and get my fringerprints taken the day after I got the letter and they said it will take 4 to 6 weeks for the fingerprint that was taken to be submitted. In the letter that request my fringerprints to be retaken by the immigration office they said that "To proceed with your application, you must have your fingerprints taken within thirty (30) days of the date of this letter", so will the 4 to 6 weeks date that the center told me affect that? Or is the day I took the finger print the date that will be consider?
Fingerprinting should be done within 30 days from when you received the letter. Since you did it the very next day ( if I read it correctly ) you are all good. The 4-6 weeks time you were told is the time taken for the whole process to complete where they send the prints to RCMP and they forward the same to IRCC.

Hope this makes sense

guitarman

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
This happened to me and I was concerned as I didn't get my FPs taken until two weeks after getting the letter. Called the RCMP and the person said don't worry. If they cancelled applications because the fingerprints were late they'd be cancelling thousands of them.

Mine arrived two days before the deadline.

Reactions: gcastrobh

Megazero

Oct 31, 2019
Fingerprinting should be done within 30 days from when you received the letter. Since you did it the very next day ( if I read it correctly ) you are all good. The 4-6 weeks time you were told is the time taken for the whole process to complete where they send the prints to RCMP and they forward the same to IRCC.

Hope this makes sense
Yeah I did it the very next day, thanks for the confirmation :D

Megazero

Oct 31, 2019
This happened to me and I was concerned as I didn't get my FPs taken until two weeks after getting the letter. Called the RCMP and the person said don't worry. If they cancelled applications because the fingerprints were late they'd be cancelling thousands of them.

Mine arrived two days before the deadline.
Arrived? I thought the fingerprints thing will be send directly to IRCC? Or do they also send you another copy? The last time I got my fingerprints for the PR I got a copy too but I cant recall why do I have it

guitarman

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Arrived? I thought the fingerprints thing will be send directly to IRCC? Or do they also send you another copy? The last time I got my fingerprints for the PR I got a copy too but I cant recall why do I have it
RCMP doesn't do the actual fingerprinting where I am, so you have to go to an approved third party. They take your fingerprints and send them electronically to RCMP that day. Then RCMP takes time to do a check on them. For me, that took week. Then RCMP sends the results via snail mail to IRCC. That takes about another week. Then IRCC processes them, which according to the various reports in this forum, can take either a day, a few weeks, or sometimes a long long time.

Megazero

Oct 31, 2019
RCMP doesn't do the actual fingerprinting where I am, so you have to go to an approved third party. They take your fingerprints and send them electronically to RCMP that day. Then RCMP takes time to do a check on them. For me, that took week. Then RCMP sends the results via snail mail to IRCC. That takes about another week. Then IRCC processes them, which according to the various reports in this forum, can take either a day, a few weeks, or sometimes a long long time.
Oh, yeah, its the same here too, I have to do it via a third party

arefeh

Mar 19, 2024
My parents' 30-day time for fingerprinting is over, and unfortunately, because my father is a doctor and works at a public university, they did not give him leave and he could not go to the fingerprinting center. Because we don't have Canadian embassy in Iran and we have to travel to another country for fingerprinting.
Is there a way to get fingerprinting again?
please guide me