Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Hi all
I am asking on belhaf of a friend
They applied for citzenship on May’18 and their file is “in process”.
Today they have received an Email with the finger print request!

What is the significance, if any, of such request?
Have anyone passed through this experience?
Where is the best place to go in Toronto?

Thanks in advance
Cheers

Endlescc

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
i submitted mine on Oct 2017. In process January 2018 and then FP requested on March15.
It is normal, just not everyone will get the request. Mainly depends where you come from, in my case, Malaysia.
I got invited to a test on Aug 29, so I would say the FP add another half year or so to your application

Reactions: pronto.futura

pronto.futura

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Thank you so much!
Cheers

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
i submitted mine on Oct 2017. In process January 2018 and then FP requested on March15.
It is normal, just not everyone will get the request. Mainly depends where you come from, in my case, Malaysia.
I got invited to a test on Aug 29, so I would say the FP add another half year or so to your application
FP request is usually requested when the applicant's birthdate and gender matches a file with someone else who has a criminal record and has the same birthdate as well. They need to separate the applicant apart from the one on file.

americaninlove

Mar 30, 2013
Ontario
Doc's Request.
13-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
I got it too, but I have a super uncommon name (one other person on Facebook with it) and am coming from the United States.

Super bummed if this sets it back by half a year! :( Currently we have NEXUS so they should already be on file somewhere. We are also foster parents in Canada so we have had our finger prints, background checks, police checks, and welfare checks done in Canada and the US!

AngusM

Jul 6, 2018
I got it too, but I have a super uncommon name (one other person on Facebook with it) and am coming from the United States.

Super bummed if this sets it back by half a year! :( Currently we have NEXUS so they should already be on file somewhere. We are also foster parents in Canada so we have had our finger prints, background checks, police checks, and welfare checks done in Canada and the US!
Does a finger print request set an application back as much as 6 months ?

That sucks.

My wife has just sent away her fingerprints, we applied April .

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Any assertion that the FP request in and of itself is a setback is erroneous. The only delay would come from your own in not getting it done in a timely manner or a negative result. As for where to get it done, make sure you get one that doesn't make you send the results to CIC yourself. They are best sent directly from RCMP.

AngusM

Jul 6, 2018
Any assertion that the FP request in and of itself is a setback is erroneous. The only delay would come from your own in not getting it done in a timely manner or a negative result. As for where to get it done, make sure you get one that doesn't make you send the results to CIC yourself. They are best sent directly from RCMP.
That good to hear .

We got them done within the 30 days as asked and the agency has sent then to the RCMP for us .

Thanks for your help.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Does a finger print request set an application back as much as 6 months ?

That sucks.

My wife has just sent away her fingerprints, we applied April .
Don’t worry. That’s simply not true! My wife got FP and we had a pretty straight forward processing. If you take a look at various spreadsheets, you would see that most people who got FP requests didn’t experience any significant delays compared to those who didn’t. Some people make hyperbolic statements based on a few exceptional cases, hearsay or assumptions. Obviously, all cases can be different. However, the vast majority of people would confirm my assertion.

Last edited:
Reactions: 09frozenpenguin

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Hi all
I am asking on belhaf of a friend
They applied for citzenship on May’18 and their file is “in process”.
Today they have received an Email with the finger print request!

What is the significance, if any, of such request?
Have anyone passed through this experience?
Where is the best place to go in Toronto?

Thanks in advance
Cheers
I did mine at Commisionaires in Toronto. I don't think I even booked an appointment. Just called them, and went in, and pulled a number and then did it. It takes a few days to get to the RCMP (For RCMP to acknowledge) which they do electronically if I remember correctly. It happens to quite a few people, so nothing to be worried about.