02-2011 (FingerPrint requested)
Med's Done....
03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Hello everyone,
After i have been granted a protected person status here in Canada, I have applied for PR status. I received the medical examination papers and did it few months ago. When I check online, nothing says that they have received my medical examination, but when I called them they said YES we received the medical results.

Recently, I have been asked by CIC to provide the fingerprints and did it last week.
A friend of mine who applied for PR at a similar time under the same category has not bee asked to do the fingerprint. moreover, I remember when I applied for a refugee status, they took my fingerprints.

Is this a normal routine process for any PR application?...and any idea how long should it take more to finalize my application after they receive my fingerprint?

I would appreciate some one's comment about that.

Thanks,

FLM

May 18, 2011
I am also protected person and I also received the letter for medical examination just yesteerday. My question is if I go for medical examination Tomorrow, how long it will take before I have PR card in my hand. Second Question is should I wait to be asked for the finger prints or should I do it myself voluntarily before I am asked to do so. Will it same some time and process my case earlier??

gizem

Jun 22, 2011
Hi Guys,

I am in the same boat with you (protected person in Canada) Ottawa received my medical on 31st of May 2011. I called them yesterday and they said they are at background check stage and of course they didnt give me a timeline. I really need my papers before september(hopefully). When exactly did they receive your medicals? I just want to understand the wait time after medical submission.

Thanks,

Labron

May 31, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville-AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2010
Doc's Request.
Med's Done....
03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Hello guys,
I did the medicals on March 01. I still have not heard anything nor any updates on my E-CAS status. But when i called them last time, they said we received your medicals on March 20 and still working on the security check.

Let's stay in touch guys for any future updates.

Regards,

AA

waitin_vain

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE, ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-10-2011
Hello guys,

I have applied for Permanent residence under Protected Person in Canada my case is still in process but they did not requested fingerprints but they requested medicals and police clearance which I have already submitted. I was asking if you guys can write your timeline so that we can know the progress of our applications under protected person I will update my timeline too. I am on the second stage for processing but today I called call centre they said they are waiting for police certificates they have received my background checks from CSIS hoping to get good news soon!

Thanks in advance,

waitin_vain

Labron

May 31, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville-AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2010
Doc's Request.
Med's Done....
03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Sure waitin_vain... My timeline is shown now, hope its clear!

waitin_vain

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE, ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-10-2011
HI Labron,

I called a call centre regarding my pending Police certificates they confirmed today that they received them. they said they are up for a review by I/O. Did you get any updates from them regarding your application. Hoping you will get your decision made soon because I think you got AIP before me.

Thanks,
waitin_vain

Labron

May 31, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville-AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2010
Doc's Request.
Med's Done....
03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Hi waitin_vain,
Good to hear that there is some progress in your application process.
I called them last week and they said that they don't need anything more yet, but still working on security check. They told me that it might take roughly up to 6 months.
That's all my update!

waitin_vain

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE, ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-10-2011
Labron said:
Hi waitin_vain,
Good to hear that there is some progress in your application process.
I called them last week and they said that they don't need anything more yet, but still working on security check. They told me that it might take roughly up to 6 months.
That's all my update!
Thanks Labron,
I think about the security checks it wont take that long am hoping 2-3 months. My security checks started when I got AIP and they confirmed that they are already completed so roughly 3 months finger crossed. Hoping you will hear from them soon. I am just waitin patiently for the result of the review from the IO hoping he/she makes a decision soon on my file.

Labron

May 31, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville-AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2010
Doc's Request.
Med's Done....
03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
I like yo be optimistic as you do my friend!
I was just wondering that how do you know that security check takes 2-3 months? and how did you confirm that they have finished your security check; do you see any update regarding that in your e-CAS ? my online states doesn't mention anything else than the date of starting the process.
I wish you a good luck.

waitin_vain

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE, ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-10-2011
Labron said:
I like yo be optimistic as you do my friend!
I was just wondering that how do you know that security check takes 2-3 months? and how did you confirm that they have finished your security check; do you see any update regarding that in your e-CAS ? my online states doesn't mention anything else than the date of starting the process.
I wish you a good luck.
I concluded that the security check takes around 2-3 months because my application started the background checks after I got AIP and I called a month ago when they told me that background checks were completed. The call center agents are the one who confirmed that and I called different agents regarding that information and they confirmed that is completed. So, I think what delayed my application is the Police certificates which was received on May 10,2011. I would suggest calling them asking if they have completed background checks and security checks. My ECAS doesnt show anything regarding that. My last note just say they received requested info on May and before that they confirmed about medical received which I did on April.
Same to you good luck.

Labron

May 31, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville-AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2010
Doc's Request.
Med's Done....
03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
That's good information to know that security check might take 2-3 months, but again it depends on each person's case. I really don't know when they started working on my background and security check.
I am abit concern that even that call agents told me that they received my medicals and fingeprint months ago, my ECAS doesn't show any of that. I don't want to bother them by calling everyweek! but i will follow up again sometime later (just try to be patient).

Cheers ,

waitin_vain

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE, ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-10-2011
I agree with you that the security/background checks is different from each case. But am hopeful that you may hear from them soon because I think if am not wrong you submitted your application July last year so the latest I may say is the end of the next month you must hear from them(I.M.O). I think it takes up to total of 13 months to finalize the file so hoping for the best. Likewise, am just waiting patiently for the good news because my work permit will expire soon.

pengyuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2011
Med's Request
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-10-2011
Hello everyone,
I'm a newbie here. Can please hear me out in her and explain the protected person's pr application?
When I check my application status online, in says 'in process' and when i click that link I see this:

We received your application for permanent residence on January 28, 2011.
We started processing your application on March 9, 2011.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.
I've got a letter says me and my spouse meet the eligibility requirements to apply PR. But there is only one more paper for
my spouse's Medical Report. That's the only thing they ask not even my med. report
1-) Is it because I did my medical exam last year?
2-) Is the police certificates and security checks the second step for us?
3-) Am I really far from to get my PR Card?
I can handle the truth:)
Thanks!

waitin_vain

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE, ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-10-2011
pengyuen said:
Hello everyone,
I'm a newbie here. Can please hear me out in her and explain the protected person's pr application?
When I check my application status online, in says 'in process' and when i click that link I see this:

We received your application for permanent residence on January 28, 2011.
We started processing your application on March 9, 2011.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.
I've got a letter says me and my spouse meet the eligibility requirements to apply PR. But there is only one more paper for
my spouse's Medical Report. That's the only thing they ask not even my med. report
1-) Is it because I did my medical exam last year?
2-) Is the police certificates and security checks the second step for us?
3-) Am I really far from to get my PR Card?
I can handle the truth:)
Thanks!
Hello pengyuen,
I think you are in the second stage now that's y they send you that later and ask for your spouse medical report. I am not sure but I think they didnot ask for your medical because your last medical exam is still valid. They will ask for police certificates from all countries that you stayed more than six months apart from your country of origin and where you sought asylum before. I think your application will be in the second stage if they have everything hopeful your not far from completing your application.