+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Findings from my GCMS Notes

celebphysio

Oct 10, 2018
Good day all,

My TRV was refused based on family ties and purpose of travel. I requested for GCMS notes and found out my application was refused because my friend who is a male and married (I'm married also)wife did not submit a letter of invitation to support the application and also that my purpose of travel is vague and poorly documented.

My question is should my friend and his wife write separate letters of invitation or just one invitation letter co- signed by both of them or my friend writes a letter of invitation and his wife consents to the invitation with a letter. Please kindly advise.

I will be going for my friend's birthday and he is celebrating it with a fun trip with few family and friends, even though in the first application I didn't mention the birthday but stated I wanted to visit him and his family, and also see some interesting places. Hope this will not be an issue?

What is the best way to show responsibility of being the one in charge of care for my aged mum such as handling the communications with the doctors and other carers, financial commitment etc

Lastly, I became a part owner of my husband's property when we got married. How can I prove that since his name is on the land document?

Thanks a lot.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
my application was refused because my friend who is a male and married (I'm married also)wife did not submit a letter of invitation to support the application
Assume that not everyone knows or remembers your previous submission.
Did you submit a letter of invitation at all in your first application?
If I just go by this post, it sounds like you didn't at all.

my purpose of travel is vague and poorly documented
Did you submit a daily travel itinerary of your intended trip to Canada? If not, this can be the solution.

What is the best way to show responsibility of being the one in charge of care for my aged mum such as handling the communications with the doctors and other carers, financial commitment etc
Past examples of communications with doctors and carers, budget of your care for your mom, a brief letter of explanation on you mom's living and care situation.

You can also indicate in your next application that you looked at your case notes from your previous application and itemize the documents that will address those refusal reasons.

celebphysio

Oct 10, 2018
Yes I did put a letter of invitation from my friend and a daily itinerary. I guess the Visa officer wanted a letter from the wife too and wanted the daily itinerary to be more elaborate.

Thanks for your response. Your points are well-noted.