+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding work in Canada. where to begin

Majse

Feb 2, 2011
Dear All

I am only at a pondering stage at the moment.
I am, although I have never been, a Canadian citizen due to my father being Canadian. So I assume I should be able to get work permit a lot easier if it is needed at all.
I am looking at the possibilities of making a new life in Canada and therefore looking at job possibilities.
But where to begin?
I am wondering if finding European companies with departments in Canada is the best way forward.
Or are there Canadian companies with an interest in Internationals?
I am an academic with experience in international business, marketing, events and have lived in a number of countries and speak Danish, English and some German.
Any thought of where to begin would be much appreciated.
thank you in advance

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have a read through some of these pages on how to approach the Canadian job market. (www.careego.com)

Before you start firing off any resumes, take some time to understand the Canadian Job Market. Do positions in Canada have similiar or different titles then you're used to? Are the pre-requisites same/different? How to develop a Canadian styled resume etc. Research, research your target market!

One of the biggest mistakes I see people do is rushing into the market and not doing their homework. You only get one chance to make a good impression, so use it wisely.

http://careego.com/CareerResources/ImmigrationJobSearch/Strat%C3%A9giesderecherchedemploi/tabid/325/language/en-CA/Default.aspx#