+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

finding work as an immigrant in Canada in my previous professional work experience.

mohdtahaif

Apr 26, 2017
I am a MBA graduate from Bharathiar university(India) and I've heard that i won't get job in Canada with an Indian degree because it doesn't have value to the employers in Canada. I am planning to do a diploma or MBA from London metropolitan university (UK) in my country(distance education) as the UK Degrees are internationally recognised. Does it is worth taking it? Will UK degree have value in Canada? Is it a waste of time and money taking a UK Degree? I'll be applying for Express entry after that and i work as an HR Coorninator in my country. And will i get job in the same position in Canada in which i used to work in my country? Please reply.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I am a MBA graduate from Bharathiar university(India) and I've heard that i won't get job in Canada with an Indian degree because it doesn't have value to the employers in Canada. I am planning to do a diploma or MBA from London metropolitan university (UK) in my country(distance education) as the UK Degrees are internationally recognised. Does it is worth taking it? Will UK degree have value in Canada? Is it a waste of time and money taking a UK Degree? I'll be applying for Express entry after that and i work as an HR Coorninator in my country. And will i get job in the same position in Canada in which i used to work in my country? Please reply.
i don't think that's what they're looking for, rather the canadian experience, knowing you can adapt to the society there. just my analysis from reading forum posts. so yeah a distance learning degree would be pointless in my opinion if it's only to gain access to a job directly. if you're looking to further your education then by all means go for it.

forever21always

Jul 19, 2015
Hi, do ur education evaluation through WES. I suppose ur MBA from Bharathiar university might be equivalent to a Master's here in Canada (but just check with WES). If u really want to study, I would rather do that MBA in Canada than do in UK, after all MBA from Canada would add more value and give u higher chances to get jobs here in Canada.
Regarding ur HR Coordinator job, I'm not sure how many years of experience u have in this field....but HR jobs should not be hard to get as there are employment agencies like ACCESS employment in Canada that helps u in getting HR internship jobs. Also, CareerEdge is another consultant that also have many paid internship jobs. I personally feel that HR jobs are far easier to get than any other fields.
Also, if u really want to study, there are colleges that have one year HR course. Just do that and u can land with a job.
U shouldn't be too worried as ur in a safe field. Good luck.

mohdtahaif

Apr 26, 2017
Hi, do ur education evaluation through WES. I suppose ur MBA from Bharathiar university might be equivalent to a Master's here in Canada (but just check with WES). If u really want to study, I would rather do that MBA in Canada than do in UK, after all MBA from Canada would add more value and give u higher chances to get jobs here in Canada.
Regarding ur HR Coordinator job, I'm not sure how many years of experience u have in this field....but HR jobs should not be hard to get as there are employment agencies like ACCESS employment in Canada that helps u in getting HR internship jobs. Also, CareerEdge is another consultant that also have many paid internship jobs. I personally feel that HR jobs are far easier to get than any other fields.
Also, if u really want to study, there are colleges that have one year HR course. Just do that and u can land with a job.
U shouldn't be too worried as ur in a safe field. Good luck.
Thanks alot for your advice. By the way I have 3+years of experience in this field and still working.

forever21always

Jul 19, 2015
Thanks alot for your advice. By the way I have 3+years of experience in this field and still working.
3+ years of experience should be more than enough to apply for PR and getting a job here. Don't waste more years there in ur home country trying to build more years of experience because if ur really planning to come to Canada, the earlier u come, the better as u will have more choices to study or work depending on ur situation. The more later u come here, the difficult to settle as u may face situations where in case u find difficulty to get a job and u decide to study but ur too old to study (I'm not saying u will not get a job but just to be cautious and safer side). Canada has more opportunities for the younger than the older. That's why. So don't waste time in ur home country building experience as anyways, whether u have 3 years or 6 years experience from ur home country, its the same anyways, there is no difference in how they evaluate between these.
Of course if u have no experience, then I would advise u to stay and build atleast 3 years experience which is good enough.
Good luck.

Reactions: patrickswayzemullet

mohdtahaif

Apr 26, 2017
3+ years of experience should be more than enough to apply for PR and getting a job here. Don't waste more years there in ur home country trying to build more years of experience because if ur really planning to come to Canada, the earlier u come, the better as u will have more choices to study or work depending on ur situation. The more later u come here, the difficult to settle as u may face situations where in case u find difficulty to get a job and u decide to study but ur too old to study (I'm not saying u will not get a job but just to be cautious and safer side). Canada has more opportunities for the younger than the older. That's why. So don't waste time in ur home country building experience as anyways, whether u have 3 years or 6 years experience from ur home country, its the same anyways, there is no difference in how they evaluate between these.
Of course if u have no experience, then I would advise u to stay and build atleast 3 years experience which is good enough.
Good luck.
Thanks again. I want to know that which province & city in Canada would be better in terms of job opportunities, environment etc.. because I've heard that there are less job opportunities in Ontario because high population means high competition. So it's difficult to find jobs? Is it true?

Last edited:

forever21always

Jul 19, 2015
Thanks again. I want to know that which province & city in Canada would be better in terms of job opportunities, environment etc.. because I've heard that there are less job opportunities in Ontario because high population means high competition. So it's difficult to find jobs? Is it true?
No...I would say Ontario is the top in terms of opportunities and job availabilities (competition will be always there everywhere). It does depend on which field ur in. But I would say, no matter which field, Ontario is the first province for jobs. I guess ur in HR field, so that should not be a problem.
Most of the provinces in Canada are just names...nothing happening in terms of jobs....like Manitoba, PEI, Labrador, etc. U will understand the state of Canada only after u reach here. Its just a bigggg country with most of the provinces just being names and no much job opportunities.
The only provinces where there are more job opportunities, I can rank as below:

1. Ontario
2. Quebec
3. Alberta

Rest other provinces, u can think as just names....nothing much going on in other provinces....most Western Canada (Manitoba, Alberta, Saskachewan, etc) are just open fields...like farming and so on. Mostly these provinces are into agricultural and farming/fishing.

forever21always

Jul 19, 2015
Whoever said less job in Ontario are fooling u to bring down competition. If u say Toronto has less opportunity, people will laugh. Toronto is the biggest city in Canada and its just booming and happening.
Provinces like Manitoba, Alberta and Saskachewan are dead slow and boring life. Its like living in some remote village. Some of these provinces have only buses (no subways or trains)...and on weekends, buses are only hourly. So if on weekend, u want to go somewhere and miss one bus, u have to wait for one hour to take another bus. If u have ur own car, may be then fine. Whereas cities like Toronto, Quebec and also Vancouver have sooo many options for transport. If u miss one bus, no problem as the next bus would come in very next minute.

Sorry, I missed to add British Columbia for the job list below. U can keep BC as 3rd and Alberta as 4th province for jobs.
The only thing is British Colombia is very expensive province. Toronto is also expensive but BC is more expensive I think.
Quebec is pretty cheap to live.

mohdtahaif

Apr 26, 2017
Whoever said less job in Ontario are fooling u to bring down competition. If u say Toronto has less opportunity, people will laugh. Toronto is the biggest city in Canada and its just booming and happening.
Provinces like Manitoba, Alberta and Saskachewan are dead slow and boring life. Its like living in some remote village. Some of these provinces have only buses (no subways or trains)...and on weekends, buses are only hourly. So if on weekend, u want to go somewhere and miss one bus, u have to wait for one hour to take another bus. If u have ur own car, may be then fine. Whereas cities like Toronto, Quebec and also Vancouver have sooo many options for transport. If u miss one bus, no problem as the next bus would come in very next minute.

Sorry, I missed to add British Columbia for the job list below. U can keep BC as 3rd and Alberta as 4th province for jobs.
The only thing is British Colombia is very expensive province. Toronto is also expensive but BC is more expensive I think.
Quebec is pretty cheap to live.
Thanks you so much.

sana.ali.kmdc

Jan 31, 2019
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I am a Pakistani and i am planning to do MBA in healthcare management from Pakistan. but, i am also applying for Canadian Immigration. i was just wondering of how will my degree(MBA) done from pakistan will help me to make my future in Canada. i am really confused. can you guide me?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Rest other provinces, u can think as just names....nothing much going on in other provinces....most Western Canada (Manitoba, Alberta, Saskachewan, etc) are just open fields...like farming and so on. Mostly these provinces are into agricultural and farming/fishing.
Fishing???? :D:D