Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
Hi Everyone,
Hope you guys are doing well.
I am a new resident in Canada and I moved with my wife two months ago. I am currently continuing to work remotely for my employer and my wife is currently looking for jobs locally.
My wife is currently looking for jobs in one of the following areas:
1. Admin Assistant/Backoffice jobs - She has some prior experience as an intern back in India (about 5 years ago). She has applied for a lot of jobs in this area but none of them have gone past first interview.
2. Teaching - this line of work requires one to complete some courses in here in Canda, so this is on the backburner for now.

The issue is that all the job openings need at least 2 to 3 years of experience. We have been constantly applying for openings, attending some workshops or group hiring events, but to no avail. This has since got a little frustrating as we are unable to figure our what is it exactly that we are not doing right?

A few questions that if you guys can share your opinion on would be a great help"
1. Do admin assistant type jobs always need a prior experience? If yes, is Canadian experience mandatory? Are there any websites or locations where we can look for entry level jobs?
2. She has a linked in profile, resume and a cover letter (basically everything that you need as a pre-requisite). Is there anything additional that might help us land the right job?

Any inputs here from you guys will help a lot and are highly appreciated!!

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
Are there any professional councelling services or agencies that can actually acquaint you with current trends in job market and help you land a new job? I understand that are lots of website and agencies like Indeed, Randstad etc, but these are just portals that have job listings. My question is more about professional services that help you understand the market trends, work culture in Canada and possibly help groom your skills for interviews etc.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to tell us where you're located (city, province).

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Try contacting the employment/placement agencies.
To get an interview, your resume must be concise 1 to 2 pages only, not ALL companies require local experience.
To get a job, you should be assertive during the interview, recruiters are testing your soft skills and if you are a fit in their company.

Reactions: yodheydhara

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
Try contacting the employment/placement agencies.
To get an interview, your resume must be concise 1 to 2 pages only, not ALL companies require local experience.
To get a job, you should be assertive during the interview, recruiters are testing your soft skills and if you are a fit in their company.
I tried contacting the recruitment agencies, but unfortunately these days there is no response from them too... :(