+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

finding a teaching job in primary or kindergarten schools

sargun

May 2, 2013
Hi
i am permanent resident of canada and in the search of teaching job in canada.i have exp of more than 10 years in teaching...right now i am in my home country and planning to shift soon in canada. How i can find a job before shifting to canada?

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
sargun said:
Hi
i am permanent resident of canada and in the search of teaching job in canada.i have exp of more than 10 years in teaching...right now i am in my home country and planning to shift soon in canada. How i can find a job before shifting to canada?
No. Even Canadian born teachers with Canadian credentials can't find teaching jobs here. There are MANY MANY news articles written about this ongoing problem. Do some homework before coming here. Seriously.

Peter Rabbit

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
There are no kindergarten schools, per se. Kindergarten is part of the primary school. Sadly, just like Sargun said, there are no teaching jobs .... it takes people some 5 to 6 years of supply work or contracts before getting a permanent position. I am speaking about Ontario (actually bigger cities in Ontario), as I do not know the situation in other provinces; although, I met a teacher from Nova Scotia and he was complaining about the same thing. And, in some boards, it is quite a production to even have your name on the supply list, as the unions impose a certain quota .... (i.e., they can not have 5,000 names .... they must have only a certain number to ensure that those teachers do get calls).

Sorry ... it is not my intention to rain on your parade ......