+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding a job to increase CRS

hma1987

Aug 27, 2017
I am preparing my Express Entry application, Skilled Worker program. I would like to know, if I get a job offer to increase my CRS score, am I obliged to work for that specific job after I get my permanent resident status? If so, for how long?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
To get a job offer your employer needs a LMIA which proves no Canadian can do the job and shows why hiring you will grow their business. The job offer must be full time and be guaranteed for one year past receiving PR. Do you have a potential job offer? Right now very difficult because millions are unemployed and depending on the province only certain NOCs are accepted.

What is your CRS score.

hma1987

Aug 27, 2017
My CRS score is 450-460 depending on how me and my wife will have our IELTS exams done.

I am 33 years old, a software engineer with 17 years of experience, currently a CTO in our company, I want to find a job to have my permanent residence, but I don't consider moving immediately. But when I decide to move I want everything to be ready, what would you suggest?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Very few people get PR and have a job prior to moving to Canada. Without work authorization few employers will look at your resume. Are your ECAs complete too? Your score may be too low for an EE ITA so you may need to look at provincial nomination programs. Once you get your COPR (which is way down to road and the final step before landing), you can start applying for jobs but without being in the country, a job offer is difficult.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
My CRS score is 450-460 depending on how me and my wife will have our IELTS exams done.

I am 33 years old, a software engineer with 17 years of experience, currently a CTO in our company, I want to find a job to have my permanent residence, but I don't consider moving immediately. But when I decide to move I want everything to be ready, what would you suggest?
What kind of jobs are you looking for (you said you are a CTO). Canadian employers wont hire anyone outside Canada without a PR unless you are exceptionally skilled and your skillset is not available in Canada. If you dont belong to this category you have to increase your score (as 450-460 wont cut it) to get an ITA.

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
What kind of jobs are you looking for (you said you are a CTO). Canadian employers wont hire anyone outside Canada without a PR unless you are exceptionally skilled and your skillset is not available in Canada. If you dont belong to this category you have to increase your score (as 450-460 wont cut it) to get an ITA.
The cut-off for CRS was 454 on Jan 21. So he definitely has a chance?

hma1987

Aug 27, 2017
The cut-off was not for skilled worker program, as far as I understood, and it is usually higher when skill worker program applicants are invited, if I am getting everything right.

I am looking for a senior software engineer, team lead, director, CTO and everything in between kind of jobs. Can I get a PNP and abandon it once I get my PR?

EropbI4

May 29, 2020
Forget about it:

1. Canadian companies do not hire IT professionals from abroad unless you already have PR
2. Focus on English + French + Masters degree

hma1987

Aug 27, 2017
Very few people get PR and have a job prior to moving to Canada. Without work authorization few employers will look at your resume. Are your ECAs complete too? Your score may be too low for an EE ITA so you may need to look at provincial nomination programs. Once you get your COPR (which is way down to road and the final step before landing), you can start applying for jobs but without being in the country, a job offer is difficult.
My ECA is also on it's way, I know a guy who had a diploma from the same university and he got his ECA.

EropbI4

May 29, 2020
The cut-off was not for skilled worker program, as far as I understood, and it is usually higher when skill worker program applicants are invited.

I am looking for a senior software engineer, team lead, director, CTO and everything in between kind of jobs. Can I get a PNP and abandon it once I get my PR?
Can you easily serialize and deserialize binary trees? I mean you have to be top-1 to be employed being outside of Canada

hma1987

Aug 27, 2017
Forget about it:

1. Canadian companies do not hire IT professionals from abroad unless you already have PR
2. Focus on English + French + Masters degree
How about PNP program, will they nominate IT professionals? I have a MS and my English should be good, but learning French from 0 can take years. Is it realistic.to get about 10 points from studying French for a couple of months?

Reactions: EropbI4

EropbI4

May 29, 2020
How about PNP program, will they nominate IT professionals? I have a MS and my English should be good, but learning French from 0 can take years. Is it realistic.to get about 10 points from studying French for a couple of months?
You can achieve high TEF score, look at yourself you are only 33 and already CTO, it means you are highly motivated person.

hma1987

Aug 27, 2017
You can achieve high TEF score, look at yourself you are only 33 and already CTO, it means you are highly motivated person.
Спасибо! When I select TEF as additional language test in CRS tool it doesn't allow me to choose grades for listening, writing etc, must be a bug, so I can 't determine how much I will get.