+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding a job before moving in

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017
Okay, I am sorry because I know it's a repetitive question. I have got an ITA. But I am pretty clear that I will move to canada ONLY IF I have a job offer. Which means finding a job from my home country. I have made this choice because I have a family and I cannot support them even for a month without a job in hand. I know that is a tough nut to crack but what are my chances? I am an ERP software consultant with 6 years of work ex and an MBA from a pretty good college in India. If I don't get a job sitting here in India, I won't move in and I will consider my PR fee as a sunk cost. How realisitic is my expectation?

Bastman

Jun 12, 2017
Hi, From what I have read online getting a job sitting in home country is very rare but not impossible off course this is primarily because from an employer point of view it makes them feel safe as you are already in Canada and have passed all possible security checks and are available rightaway. Secondly, please be aware of the fact that you need to show proof of funds while applying and need to carry them to Canada to show to immigration officers. It is therefore important that you make necessary arrangements accordingly. Again, the chances are very narrow but not zero. Think profoundly before making a decision to accept the invitation to apply

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017
Hi, From what I have read online getting a job sitting in home country is very rare but not impossible off course this is primarily because from an employer point of view it makes them feel safe as you are already in Canada and have passed all possible security checks and are available rightaway. Secondly, please be aware of the fact that you need to show proof of funds while applying and need to carry them to Canada to show to immigration officers. It is therefore important that you make necessary arrangements accordingly. Again, the chances are very narrow but not zero. Think profoundly before making a decision to accept the invitation to apply
Thanks for replying. I have decided to accept the ITA, get the PR, do a port entry and then come back and continue with my current job while still applying for jobs in Canada. If I get one, I will move, otherwise, so be it. Quitting my current job is too risky for me and my family. I just wanted to know whether people have been successful at this in the past or not. Is it always a case that an employer straightaway rejects an overseas applicant?

Bastman

Jun 12, 2017
There is no straight yes or no to your answer. Employers are human beings as well and this means they might understand your situation. I wish you luck and would recommend you to look out jobs within the company in Canada if you are working for multinational company

Reactions: redsocks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Thanks for replying. I have decided to accept the ITA, get the PR, do a port entry and then come back and continue with my current job while still applying for jobs in Canada. If I get one, I will move, otherwise, so be it. Quitting my current job is too risky for me and my family. I just wanted to know whether people have been successful at this in the past or not. Is it always a case that an employer straightaway rejects an overseas applicant?
Whilst it is very difficult although not impossible to get a job remotely unless someone has unique skills you should plan to use any time on a short landing productively . By all means once you have your COPR and travel booked email as many companies as you can with your resume you may get lucky you may not. The one thing you have not shared is what line of work you are in for anyone to comment on opportunities as they might see them. Check out the job sites indeed, monster , linkedin and even the official jobbank to see what tge job availability is currently.

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017
Whilst it is very difficult although not impossible to get a job remotely unless someone has unique skills you should plan to use any time on a short landing productively . By all means once you have your COPR and travel booked email as many companies as you can with your resume you may get lucky you may not. The one thing you have not shared is what line of work you are in for anyone to comment on opportunities as they might see them. Check out the job sites indeed, monster , linkedin and even the official jobbank to see what tge job availability is currently.
Thanks for replying. I am an ERP software consultant with 6 years of work ex and an MBA from a good college in India. To be specific, I am an Oracle Apps functional consultant. Purely an IT guy but working in the domain of Supply Chain. I am planning to take the CPIM exam (it is a supply chain certification) to expand my supply chain domain knowledge.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks for replying. I am an ERP software consultant with 6 years of work ex and an MBA from a good college in India. To be specific, I am an Oracle Apps functional consultant. Purely an IT guy but working in the domain of Supply Chain. I am planning to take the CPIM exam (it is a supply chain certification) to expand my supply chain domain knowledge.
did you get an ECA? Some people didn't receive an evaluation as they expected even though they thought it was from a good college. And a lot of people who moved had to take survival jobs or a cut to their position regardless of experience. So a few things to keep in mind.

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017
did you get an ECA? Some people didn't receive an evaluation as they expected even though they thought it was from a good college. And a lot of people who moved had to take survival jobs or a cut to their position regardless of experience. So a few things to keep in mind.
Yes i did receive an ECA. that is why i got an ITA

Reactions: NOMAD2017

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
what said earlir still stands. you may find a job before moving but a lot reported not finding one even after they moved until they gained canadian experience

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
Chances are there, keep on trying. One of my colleague got a job from here before going to canada and another one got it after reaching there (2months of struggle there)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How can i find a job from my home country?
I have tried applying severally but could not.
It's extremely difficult. You need to apply for jobs through reputable sites like linkedin, indeed, etc.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Okay, I am sorry because I know it's a repetitive question. I have got an ITA. But I am pretty clear that I will move to canada ONLY IF I have a job offer. Which means finding a job from my home country. I have made this choice because I have a family and I cannot support them even for a month without a job in hand. I know that is a tough nut to crack but what are my chances? I am an ERP software consultant with 6 years of work ex and an MBA from a pretty good college in India. If I don't get a job sitting here in India, I won't move in and I will consider my PR fee as a sunk cost. How realisitic is my expectation?
Remember that after landing the clock starts ticking. You need to meet 730 days in Canada over 5 years to renew your PR. So realistically you can wait about 2.5 years to see if you can find a job then move. If you wait past the 3 years then you have to let your PR lapse.

It is very hard to get a job before actually moving to Canada. It is not impossible though because my brother managed to do that.

It helps if you can give a Canadian home address and phone number in your contact information when applying for jobs. Ask a friend or relative to help with that.