+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding a job after getting a PR

pmodak

Dec 14, 2017
From what I understand are these points true for someone with a PR outside Canada? I completed my Bachelors in Chemical Engg from India and my masters in Energy, Environment and Chemical Engineering from the US. I am currently a Solar Design Engineer /Procurement Lead and I have over 5 yrs of experience in the renewable industry. I am also a Certified Project Manager

A) It is almost next to impossible to find a job of your choice from outside Canada.
B)You need to physically be in Canada to get a "job", usually a blue collar working job.
C) You need Canadian education credentials and Canadian work exp (blue collar work ex in Canada) to get a basic entry level job.
D) It can take 3-6 months to find a decent professional job in Canada.

sk1356

Mar 8, 2015
Hi,

I've 8+ years of experience as a Software developer in technologies like Microsoft .NET, C#, AngularJS, Node.JS, Hadoop, Oracle, Sql Server and Pentaho Data Integration.

I'm currently working for a top MNC in India and planning to move to Canada on PR visa.

Can anyone please help me understand the current scenario of IT jobs in Canada? Do you think I'll be able to get a suitable job in weeks time after landing there?
I can't comment on landing the job in "weeks time" but there is a great demand for certain IT skills. For e.g. AngularJS, NodeJS, Hadoop from your experience. IT professionals have much better chances of getting a job than any other professionals. The best way to get more information is connect with someone in Canada from your MNC. All the best.

Susukivi

Dec 19, 2017
Finding a job after getting a PR

Hi,
i am mechanical Engineer-Hvac,Plumbing,fire fighting working in uae from 9 years.I(my self and my family) got PR last year in may 2012 and right now working working in uae only.Now i am thinking to permanently go to Canada with my family.Is their any chance that before going to canada ,i can get job in my field or after reaching atleast i can get the job,Please help .
Hi shahriyar5945,
Did you land in Canada or still working in UAE ?