+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Find NOC code for Trade Marketing job

thanhnam

May 3, 2020
Dear friends,
Please help me to choose the right NOC code to claim my working experience.
Currently, I am working in a FMCG company with title Trade Marketing Manager (7 months).
Previously I worked as Trade Marketing Assistant Manager (3.5 years).
My main duties as below:
  • Leading the development of the channel & category plan for assigned channels: developing shopper insight and translating into business plan, building channel plan aligned with category and brand objectives.
  • Working out monthly forecast for assigned channels: preparing sell-out volume with attention to market intelligence information and building incremental sales volume.
  • Working with field sales team to ensure excellence in in-store execution.
  • Co-working with marketing team in launch, re-launch campaigns. Working out the brief to agencies and sales team.
  • Developing and executing all channel & category, schematic shopper promotions.
  • Developing and deploying Point-of-sale materials (POSM) at right channels and places.
  • Managing and optimizing budget within financial framework in assigned channels.
I am considering NOC 0124, 0621 or 1123, but the definition on government website does not fit enough to my JD above.
Please help.
Thanks you all!

Last edited:

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
I have been trying to figure this out as well. I have experience as a Trade Marketing Executive at an FMCG and my responsibilities were exactly same as yours. I was thinking of NOC 0621: "Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of establishments engaged in wholesale and retail sales or of departments in such establishments ".

What do you think?

Reactions: thanhnam

thanhnam

May 3, 2020
I have been trying to figure this out as well. I have experience as a Trade Marketing Executive at an FMCG and my responsibilities were exactly same as yours. I was thinking of NOC 0621: "Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of establishments engaged in wholesale and retail sales or of departments in such establishments ".

What do you think?
Oh wow, I have not check this NOC code. Let's consider. But I see that it looks like a sales manager rather than trade marketing.

Last edited:

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
I have been confused between NOC 0621 and 0601. Do have a look at both, as both have some attributes of what we do. It's quite confusing.

thanhnam

May 3, 2020
I guess then 0621 is our best bet. Do update if you find a better fitting NOC. Thanks!
We can consider NOC 1123 if paraphrasing like that:
  • Prepare, propose and execute advertising and sales promotion strategies.
  • Develop and implement marketing campaigns. Work out the briefs, presentations, reports to inform agencies and customers. Ensure campaign objectives aligned with business target.
  • Develop and prepare market research documents for internal purposes. Do shopper and consumer surveys to identify the insights and concerns, translate into business planning.
  • Develop, implement and evaluate trade marketing documents designed to inform customers, internal communication and the general public of initiatives and promotion programs.
  • Initiate and maintain contact with customers, third parties and vendors. Manage third parties to deliver advertising and sales promotion strategies.
  • Manage marketing events, activations for internal and external audiences.
  • Develop and deploy point-of-sale materials (POSM) such as leaflets, communication toolkits and other materials to maximize marketing communication and sales opportunities.

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
Hi, any update on your application? I want to apply as well and im confused as 0621 relates more to people working in stores or other similar organizations.

rashidss

Aug 26, 2020
hey everyone, any update on this front? What NOC applies for Trade Marketing role. it's very confusing! pls guide if anyone has had any breakthroughs