+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financial Support to renew Study Permit > $1,000?

nothing1607

Apr 16, 2010
I'm studying at a university in Canada. My study permit is going to expire on October so I'm renewing it online.
My querry is that how much is minimun fund required to renew study permit since I already showed my financial support when I applied for Visa and the first Study permit?
I've checked some forums, its said that at least $1,000 should be in my bank statement and in the financial box, I should write "My family will send me money as needed"
Thank you!

nothing1607

Apr 16, 2010
If I couldnt get my bank statement as I'm staying in Canada now and my bank is back in my country, can I use my parent's bank statement as proof of finacial support? How much should their bank account have?
I will go back to my country this summer. My visa is multiple entry, my visa and study permit will expire on October but I will come back to Canada on September, it should be ok if I dont get a new study permit before I leave Canada right? And I also dont need a new visa until the next time I leave Canada?
One last question: I have to leave Canada in order to renew my visa?

2days

Apr 22, 2010
I remember when I applied for an off campus work permit online on the epass website, I only provided them my credit card scanned copies as means of financial support. No bank statement and they never asked for it. It worked fine and was approved.
Same thing happened when I applied for my post graduate work permit....Just scanned and attached my credit card copies.