+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financial Statment for International Student

ug83

Star Member
Apr 23, 2011
Hi

Good day.......I will be applying for a canadian student visa in few months time.

My question is with regards to the financial statement .

My father ( Sponsor) has Rs 20 lac in terms of fixed deposit.

This money is not available in current account but this is saving account.

My father has checked with the bank and bank can issue the stamped letter stating that he has this money in his account from last 4 months.

As this payment is a fixed deposit therefore typical bank statment will not b available.

kindly suggest if this fixed deposit in my father's account is ok to show as financial document.

Appreciate your kind suggestions in advance

Regards

Ug83 Pakistan

ug83

Star Member
Apr 23, 2011
I just wanted to share the format of these fixed deposit certificates which i will be getting from the bank. Spoke to the bank manager and they are saying that this is the standard approved format and they cannot change it.

Balance Certificate

"This is to certify that Mr.XYZ has credit balance of Pak Rs 2 Million.which is equivalent to USd $23,529 in Army welfare scheme. This investment is free from any lien and is withdrawabale at any time.

"This certificate is being issued at the request of our above captioned customer and may not be consider as an undertaking or guarantee whatsoever on the part of this organization or its officer."

Now my question is that that this certificate doesn't show that this balance is maintained from the last three months. they can only issue the certificate as per todays date.

kindly recommend is this acceptable format ? if not what else i can do to make it acceptable.

gm2011

Apr 10, 2011
Re: student visa rejected,will apply again,,,good idea?

Snake is talking a load of sausage! Your fathers fixed deposit is not i repeat not acceptable. You need the money in available cash in your named account for 4 months. Period.

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ug83:

Check this out: http://www.vec.bc.ca/english/apply-visitor-visa.htm
Plus I have seen my friends to apply with fixed deposits and got the visa last year from Bangladesh.
Still its your choice, i am just sharing my knowledge.

@gm2011:

Whats up with you? you just talk nonsense without giving any proper source or citation. For the last 5 posts that you made, they were either hilarious comments making no sense or trying desperate to pick on someone. If you can't post comments that makes practically any sense, then please don't post anything. We talk here after researching, coz the comment that we make, is responsible for people's life and career. Regards

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

gm2011 said:
Snake is talking a load of sausage! Your fathers fixed deposit is not i repeat not acceptable. You need the money in available cash in your named account for 4 months. Period.
There is a requirement to show proof of funds required for the study/living expenses/travel. The funds could be from self, or from parents, or from a relative/friend. In case it is from parent or a relative/friend, they need to be accompanied with a signed sponsor letter (affidavit not required) from them, Bank or IT return of the sponsor along with the source of fund (FD certificate, share certificate etc).

I received this information from a Visa Officer in a seminar conducted by CHC New Delhi. Here is the thread for further: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t69146.0.html

Thanks,
Gurpreet

lonesoul

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Karachi Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-5-2011
IELTS Request
7.0 Bands
Med's Request
06-7-2011
Med's Done....
11-7-2011
Passport Req..
18-7-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-7-2011 got on 4-8-2011
Fixed deposit would do fine.So don't worry about it.

gm2011

Apr 10, 2011

Dont do it for the love of god dont do it! Your app will be doomed, doomed i vex you!

lonesoul

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Karachi Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-5-2011
IELTS Request
7.0 Bands
Med's Request
06-7-2011
Med's Done....
11-7-2011
Passport Req..
18-7-2011
VISA ISSUED...
And your statement is based on assumption or experience?
My brother applied with saving certificates/ fix deposit and got through with it.
So in my experience fix deposit is a liquid fund and would do fine.

ug83

Star Member
Apr 23, 2011
K thank your for your responses.....plz also confirm that is this format of statement ok?i

lonesoul

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Karachi Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-5-2011
IELTS Request
7.0 Bands
Med's Request
06-7-2011
Med's Done....
11-7-2011
Passport Req..
18-7-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Are these saving certificates under your name?
If not then i would recommend that you get them under joint account with your father/mother/uncle and then get the bank to issue a letter stating the total amount, individual amount of each certificate,date of purchase,serial number of certificates, and the name of holders.
What my brother did was he scanned all the fixed deposit certificate and got them attested and then submitted them at the embassy. :)
That's my recommendation.

ug83

Star Member
Apr 23, 2011
Yes they are saving certificates from Army Welfare Trust and they are on my father/mother name,,,Its a Joint account of My parents.
also i will be showing my father as my sponsor and will be attaching his pay slips- sponsorship letter and other property docs.

I will send them the copy of these certificates as well,

lonesoul

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Karachi Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-5-2011
IELTS Request
7.0 Bands
Med's Request
06-7-2011
Med's Done....
11-7-2011
Passport Req..
18-7-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Yeah dude.Do it and good luck.

gm2011

Apr 10, 2011

When lonesoul asked about joint account if means jointly with you not between your parents. Stop avoiding the issue. You have no funds in your control! This is the bottom line. Your app will fail. So do the smart thing get your parents to cash the certificates and transfer the money in your named account