+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financial statements required

GladiatorAnc

Nov 27, 2020
Hi everyone, I am a Canadian citizen and and my Brazilian wife is applying for a visitor’s visa and is required to provide bank statements to prove sufficient funds for financial support during her stay in Canada. I am planning on paying all of her visa application fees and associated documents fees, plus travels costs and all living expenses for the entire duration of her stay in Canada. What should we do in order to prove to immigration that I will take care of all her expenses? She is currently unemployed because of COVID and would not have sufficient funds to travel on her own without my help.

Here are some information about our current situation.

- I am willing to fly to Brazil and fly back to Canada with her in order to cross canadian immigration together once her visa is approved.
- She currently only has about $1 500 CAD in her personal Brazilian bank account.
- I currently have about $7000 CAD in my Canadian bank account and I make about $6000 CAD per month.
- I am willing to make wire transfers to her bank account. If I need to make a transfer, how much should I send her?
- We are unable to open a joint bank account at this time.
- I am currently with her in Brazil and will remain with her until we file the visa application and then will fly back to Canada.

Thanks you all for your help!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, I am a Canadian citizen and and my Brazilian wife is applying for a visitor’s visa and is required to provide bank statements to prove sufficient funds for financial support during her stay in Canada. I am planning on paying all of her visa application fees and associated documents fees, plus travels costs and all living expenses for the entire duration of her stay in Canada. What should we do in order to prove to immigration that I will take care of all her expenses? She is currently unemployed because of COVID and would not have sufficient funds to travel on her own without my help.

Here are some information about our current situation.

- I am willing to fly to Brazil and fly back to Canada with her in order to cross canadian immigration together once her visa is approved.
- She currently only has about $1 500 CAD in her personal Brazilian bank account.
- I currently have about $7000 CAD in my Canadian bank account and I make about $6000 CAD per month.
- I am willing to make wire transfers to her bank account. If I need to make a transfer, how much should I send her?
- We are unable to open a joint bank account at this time.
- I am currently with her in Brazil and will remain with her until we file the visa application and then will fly back to Canada.

Thanks you all for your help!!
It can be more difficult to obtain a visa when your spouse is Canadian since IRCC can be concerned that the person intends to remain in Canada long term vs. just visit. Your spouse will want to demonstrate ties to her home country to have a good chance of being approved. It's too bad she is unemployed and has such a low bank balance. These can normally be good ways to show ties. Does she own property? Has she previously traveled to countries such as the U.S. or Canada that require visas?

GladiatorAnc

Nov 27, 2020
We are working on Sponsorship documents. I already paid all the fees and we are about 1 week away from sending the documents. Should we try to apply for a visa before or after having filed the sponsorship documents?

Sad they would they would think she will stay in Canada when I am able to support her financial in and out of the country and also why would I put at risk my whole sponsorship process? We have everything to gain by doing the process legally and everything to lose if not.

I could wire transfer her money to her bank account if this would help. How much? She is a teacher so at this time it’s almost impossible to find a job in her field. Also the way employment work in Brazil is that they sign up for 1 year work agreement. Going to Canada for let’s say 4 months would mean she quits any job she finds here.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She doesn’t own any property and lives with her parents...
Unfortunately there's not much you can do about that.

Apply for the TRV with what you have. I would say the chances of approval are probably on the low side. Also, right now processing times for TRVs from Brazil are around 200 days. So you're going to have to wait a while before you have an answer.

Have you submitted an application to sponsor her for PR? If not, I would recommend that you submit an outland application as soon as you can. This is of course assuming that you plan to move to Canada together.

GladiatorAnc

Nov 27, 2020
Unfortunately there's not much you can do about that.

Apply for the TRV with what you have. I would say the chances of approval are probably on the low side. Also, right now processing times for TRVs from Brazil are around 200 days. So you're going to have to wait a while before you have an answer.

Have you submitted an application to sponsor her for PR? If not, I would recommend that you submit an outland application as soon as you can. This is of course assuming that you plan to move to Canada together.
We are finishing the sponsorship application together here in Brazil before I go back to Canada for work. The documents should be ready in about a week or two and then I’ll send them ASAP.

Reactions: scylla

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We are working on Sponsorship documents. I already paid all the fees and we are about 1 week away from sending the documents. Should we try to apply for a visa before or after having filed the sponsorship documents?

Sad they would they would think she will stay in Canada when I am able to support her financial in and out of the country and also why would I put at risk my whole sponsorship process? We have everything to gain by doing the process legally and everything to lose if not.

I could wire transfer her money to her bank account if this would help. How much? She is a teacher so at this time it’s almost impossible to find a job in her field. Also the way employment work in Brazil is that they sign up for 1 year work agreement. Going to Canada for let’s say 4 months would mean she quits any job she finds here.
She would have the right to stay on a TRV and could apply for an extension so there is no ruining her chances of being sponsored if she remained in Canada. Even if she was out of status in Canada you could still sponsor her. Once someone enters Canada it is very difficult and expensive to deport them so Canada doesn't give out TRVs easily. There would also be potential for immigration fraud if spouses of PRs or citizens were all able to get TRVs. Agree with @scylla that chances of approval for are pretty low without a job and low savings balance.