+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financial statement

Shivverma

Feb 20, 2015
Hello everyone
I am uploading my file and for financial statement....what exactly I need to load???
Do we need to show some particular amount or just the regular six(6) month bank statement in good enough.
Also do I need to load the employment letter showing how much money i am getting annually.
Please advice me for the same
Thanks
Shiv

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
Shivverma said:
Hello everyone
I am uploading my file and for financial statement....what exactly I need to load???
Do we need to show some particular amount or just the regular six(6) month bank statement in good enough.
Also do I need to load the employment letter showing how much money i am getting annually.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
go to the proof of funds section...we will find what info need to be on the letter..all the best
Thanks
Shiv

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
Shivverma said:
Hello everyone

Do we need to show some particular amount or just the regular six(6) month bank statement in good enough. yes, your bank statement needs to have the minimum pof required. depending on your program, it can vary between cad 10k-12k if you're single. the details should be in the checklist in your mycic page

again, this can be found in your personalized checklist

Thanks
Shiv
make sure you double check and triple check before you transmit all your doc. good luck!! :)

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Shivverma said:
Hello everyone
Thanks
Shiv
Bank letter head along with details of balance, account opening date, liabilities, average balance and if m missing anything here closely look pof requirement from cic website.

No need to upload employment letter

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
affan_123 said:
Bank letter head along with details of balance, account opening date, liabilities, average balance and if m missing anything here closely look pof requirement from cic website.

No need to upload employment letter
Avoid including liabilities as you are not including the corresponding assets. It will be silly to showcase a car loan or housing mortgage without accounting for the asset.

gupti

Jun 28, 2014
The only thing I was thinking with this is that if you submit 6 months of statements from your bank you will effectively show all your debt as there will be repayments on the statements.

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
gupti said:
The only thing I was thinking with this is that if you submit 6 months of statements from your bank you will effectively show all your debt as there will be repayments on the statements.
Cic says balance of each account over the previous six months. Cic requires balance amount not transactions

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gupti said:
There is a difference between average balance over 6 months (that is a single number) and 6 months of transactions (all credit and debit transactions for a particular account over 6 months). CIC wants the former.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gupti said:
It is ambiguous but they do not run a credit check on you I dont believe?
They can't run any checks for bank accounts outside Canada without your express permissions. Your personal financial information is confidential.

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
dan_and said:
I agree with your logic, but it is worth pointing out that CIC's instructions are pretty unambiguous in that regard:

"If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:
  • list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
  • list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
  • be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address)."
I am a little confused. Is it the balance of each account over the past six months? Or the average balance of each account over the past six months? There is a difference!

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
dan_and said:
I copied the exact text from the CIC document checklist post-ITA. I don't know why people keep talking about the average balance, it doesn't say that anywhere (and it never has as far as I can remember).
dan_, actually it does mention about the average balance. Please read content I copied from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp under Proof of Funds

The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the account numbers, dates of when each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance in the past six months.

I believe, bank won't calculate the average of past 6 months, like they wont sit and do the math Jan:$20k + Feb:$15k + March:$10k + April:$12k + May:$14k + June:$15k / 6 = $14.3 k

Bank can give out letters based on current balance as they have their own basic formats. So I guess a simple bank letter and e-statements for past 6 months will do serve the purpose.

liamE

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/07/2015
se7en said:
Bank can give out letters based on current balance as they have their own basic formats. So I guess a simple bank letter and e-statements for past 6 months will do serve the purpose.
This is what some big banks are saying to do.

My bank does not provide any information other than current total balance, the date you opened the first account and whether you have any loans. It is a huge international bank, with a large presence in Canada. They told me (at my branch and on their Canada wide telephone banking service) that it doesn't matter what CIC asks for, it is forbidden for them to release any more detail than that. They told me to submit the letter they provided and six month's worth of summary statements (not individual ones, ones that list all your accounts on one page), and that that has always been acceptable to CIC in the past. I am waiting to find out if they are correct. It is a bank used by a lot of people in the Far East and then when they come to Canada, so I'm guessing CIC receives a lot of proof of funds documents in that format. I will update if my application is rejected because of this.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
liamE said:
This is what some big banks are saying to do.

My bank does not provide any information other than current total balance, the date you opened the first account and whether you have any loans. It is a huge international bank, with a large presence in Canada. They told me (at my branch and on their Canada wide telephone banking service) that it doesn't matter what CIC asks for, it is forbidden for them to release any more detail than that. They told me to submit the letter they provided and six month's worth of summary statements (not individual ones, ones that list all your accounts on one page), and that that has always been acceptable to CIC in the past. I am waiting to find out if they are correct. It is a bank used by a lot of people in the Far East and then when they come to Canada, so I'm guessing CIC receives a lot of proof of funds documents in that format. I will update if my application is rejected because of this.
If I were you, I would have provided the regular bank letter and e-statements for the past 6 months.
(you can easily get e-statements if you do online banking)

liamE

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/07/2015
yes I did that. That's why I said I'm waiting to find out if it is acceptable so that I can warn other people to make alternative arrangements if CIC rejects it.