+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financial statement for Visitor Visa - Invitee vs applicant statement

justin.lang

Aug 7, 2023
Hello,

I am in the process of applying for Visitor Visa for my brother's family of 5. The occasion is to celebrate the 75th birthday of my father and they will stay roughly for 8 weeks.

I will bear all the expenses of their trip including roundtrip air travel and they will stay in my place in Ontario. I came across the following question while processing their application.

1. How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? (In Canadian dollars - CAD)
2. Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada? Yes/No
3. Details

As I will bear all the expenses, is it necessary for the applicants to show their financial statement? If I just show my bank statement from Canada for last six months, will that cover this requirement?

Thanks,
Justin

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am in the process of applying for Visitor Visa for my brother's family of 5. The occasion is to celebrate the 75th birthday of my father and they will stay roughly for 8 weeks.

I will bear all the expenses of their trip including roundtrip air travel and they will stay in my place in Ontario. I came across the following question while processing their application.

1. How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? (In Canadian dollars - CAD)
3. Details

As I will bear all the expenses, is it necessary for the applicants to show their financial statement? If I just show my bank statement from Canada for last six months, will that cover this requirement?

Thanks,
Justin
Much lower chances of approval if the applicant shows no funds. This is not recommended.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello,

3. Details

Thanks,
Justin
A eight week stay ( too long , shows diminished ties to return ) AND not being able to finance their own trip , is a double whammy.
He has a family of five , should show they can finance their own trip .

Reactions: justin.lang

justin.lang

Aug 7, 2023
A eight week stay ( too long , shows diminished ties to return ) AND not being able to finance their own trip , is a double whammy.
Thanks for the response. If he reduces the stay to 3 weeks, how much should be shown in his bank statement for making it a strong application for 5?
I will submit my financial statement also along with a letter from my employer and my last year's T4. I also have a house big enough to accommodate them.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the response. If he reduces the stay to 3 weeks, how much should be shown in his bank statement for making it a strong application for 5?
I will submit my financial statement also along with a letter from my employer and my last year's T4. I also have a house big enough to accommodate them.
Estimate how much it will cost you (including things like airfare, lodging and meals) to host 5 guests from your home country for 3 weeks.

justin.lang

Aug 7, 2023
Estimate how much it will cost you (including things like airfare, lodging and meals) to host 5 guests from your home country for 3 weeks.
What financial documents do they accept? Is it just "bank statement"? Or, the following are acceptable as well?
1. Stock
2. Bonds
3. Savings Certificate
4. Property ownership

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
What financial documents do they accept? Is it just "bank statement"? Or, the following are acceptable as well?
1. Stock
2. Bonds
3. Savings Certificate
4. Property ownership
#4. Property ownership though a proof of ties to home country may not be a good "Proof of Fund" for the travel. No one is going to sell property to do a temp visit to another country. The amount from first three sources you listed should be sufficient to cover the cost of the trip.

AKO23

Jul 7, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
VISIT
What would be the reasonable length of stay? And how much budget for each person?