Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
My ill and aged father in law (CAD citizen) has given an invitation letter to my wife to visit him in Canada. (Along with the letter from doctor). But I am financially sponsoring my wife’s visit to Canada. I have written a Letter of Financial Support. But in an online application form, there are two fields

1) Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter
Here I am giving the all my financial details of my Bank Statements / Accounts, Credit Cards, Job/income Letter, Property Docs, Shares etc, which are hefty and more than enough to support her visit.

2) Proof of Means of Financial Support
Then what shall I write/provide here? Is it related to my wife who is visiting Canada!

My wife doesn’t work and she doesn’t have bank account. Then what shall I provide here?

She has:
a) No Bank account
b) A small Land with Document
c) Car Ownership Document
d) Credit Cards Letter and Statements with handsome limit (even these can cover all costs)
e) Confirm Travel Insurance of 3 weeks (includes all medical/dental emergencies) up to 50,000 USD
f) Cash USD 7000 which I gave for the travel purpose

Other options as "means of financial support"?
i) Shall I buy some travelers cheque for her and attach a copy
ii) Shall I open a bank account for her and attach statement
iii) Shall I ask my sister in law in Canada to provide her and letter and bank statement etc? (Although she is not the financial sponsor)

1122khan11

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
AOR Received.
no
IELTS Request
Sent original
File Transfer...
no
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
2) Proof of Means of Financial Support
Then what shall I write/provide here? Is it related to my wife who is visiting Canada!
Expert advice is needed?

iii) Shall I ask my sister in law in Canada to provide her and letter and bank statement etc? (Although she is not the financial sponsor)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given that you arw married you can say that you are sponsoring her travels and include any savings accounts and assets. Given that she is submitting info that seems to indicate that she needs to care for her father there will be concern she will want to remain in Canada. She needs to show proof that she has to return home. She doesn't have a job but she may be the sole carer foe your parents, children, etc. Don't buy tickets in advance.

1122khan11

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
AOR Received.
no
IELTS Request
Sent original
File Transfer...
no
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
Given that you arw married you can say that you are sponsoring her travels and include any savings accounts and assets. Given that she is submitting info that seems to indicate that she needs to care for her father there will be concern she will want to remain in Canada. She needs to show proof that she has to return home. She doesn't have a job but she may be the sole carer foe your parents, children, etc. Don't buy tickets in advance.
Many thanks. Only she is travelling alone and children and i will remain here. To take care, her father has wife, son and daughter. The whole case is prepared, but in an online application, there are two almost similar fields .......my only question is that if i show my assets and funds etc in "Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter" section,

then for my wife....out of these below what shall i mention in the "Proof of Means of Financial Support" Section. ................

She has:

a) No Bank account
b) A small Land with Document
c) Car Ownership Document
d) Credit Cards Letter and Statements with handsome limit (even these can cover all costs)
e) Confirm Travel Insurance of 3 weeks (includes all medical/dental emergencies) up to 50,000 USD
f) Cash USD 7000 which I gave for the travel purpose

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Many thanks. Only she is travelling alone and children and i will remain here. To take care, her father has wife, son and daughter. The whole case is prepared, but in an online application, there are two almost similar fields .......my only question is that if i show my assets and funds etc in "Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter" section,

then for my wife....out of these below what shall i mention in the "Proof of Means of Financial Support" Section. ................
You need to include your financial information especially liquid savings account. Provide both your and her information. Not unusual for husband and wife to share funds. Given that he already has children in Canada there is less of a need to go to Canada. I would just say she is going to is it her parents and siblings.

1122khan11

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
AOR Received.
no
IELTS Request
Sent original
File Transfer...
no
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
Not unusual for husband and wife to share funds
I dont know who made this online system!!. I understand each and everything.! my only question is that Why there are two fields in the online application?

I can afford and sponsoring my wife visit to Canada and i give all my liquids assets bank accounts etc etc etc in the section "Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter"

Then what shall i write and give in "Proof of Means of Financial Support"????????????????????????????????
Shall i keep it blank

Any expert plz advice..................

1122khan11

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
AOR Received.
no
IELTS Request
Sent original
File Transfer...
no
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
Here it is what is written in the online application

'Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter'

If you depend on someone financially, that person can provide proof that they have sufficient funds to support you in Canada by writing a letter of support.

The letter includes the amount of money this person will be providing, with supporting evidence of their relationship to you. Along with the letter, proof that this person has sufficient funds can be shown by submitting as many of the following as possible:

• proof of a Canadian bank account in the name of the person providing you with money if funds have been transferred to Canada
  • proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
  • bank statements for the past four months
  • a bank draft in convertible currency
  • proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program

Proof of Means of Financial Support'

If you are visiting Canada, you must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who will be with you while you are in Canada. Provide as many of these documents as you can:

• your bank statements for the past four months
  • a bank draft in convertible currency
  • pay stubs
  • an employment letter
  • proof of assets or business
  • proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
  • tax reports, declarations or statements
  • proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada

1122khan11

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
AOR Received.
no
IELTS Request
Sent original
File Transfer...
no
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
It seems that none of the so called champion members or vip members have the answer to this question, because this is one of the blunder in the online visa application system that was probably made by some C Grader Immigrant. The worst out of it is that if you apply on paper application, there is a different guideline / standard / requirement and even few forms are different and if you apply online there is a different way………..ahh so bizarre……….!!!

They should not be bookworms and playing with the words and inquire the similar things in two different fields. Probably they don’t know that ideally the form/fields for Visit Visa, Student Visa, or Business Visit should be different… Pity on them

It is very simple…… if im sponsoring the visit of my wife and giving all evidences in Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter section then there is no additional need that she should have her bank accounts and money too to be mentioned in the Proof of Means of Financial Support (Although this requirement is not there on paper application)

It’s obvious … they themselves make the things complicated and find the ways and means to reject the applications so that their visa business starting from Visa Consultants, Lawyers, _____ and _______________ should keep on going to grab the money from the applicants.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It seems that none of the so called champion members or vip members have the answer to this question, because this is one of the blunder in the online visa application system that was probably made by some C Grader Immigrant. The worst out of it is that if you apply on paper application, there is a different guideline / standard / requirement and even few forms are different and if you apply online there is a different way………..ahh so bizarre……….!!!

They should not be bookworms and playing with the words and inquire the similar things in two different fields. Probably they don’t know that ideally the form/fields for Visit Visa, Student Visa, or Business Visit should be different… Pity on them

It is very simple…… if im sponsoring the visit of my wife and giving all evidences in Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter section then there is no additional need that she should have her bank accounts and money too to be mentioned in the Proof of Means of Financial Support (Although this requirement is not there on paper application)

It’s obvious … they themselves make the things complicated and find the ways and means to reject the applications so that their visa business starting from Visa Consultants, Lawyers, _____ and _______________ should keep on going to grab the money from the applicants.
Calm down. If there are a lot of responses, not everyone chips in to a thread.

Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter is your financial resources as you are providing financial suppport.

Proof of Means of Financial Support is her financial background. You need to put something here. CIC will not rely on a supporter to pay for the TRV of someone applying to visit Canada. The person applying must have some financial means of support of their own.

The online system is different from the paper system. Why? Because it is.

And using language like "C Grader Immigrant" is tremendously insulting on a forum that deals with immigrants who wish to come to Canada. Think about your language before you use it. Goodness.

Reactions: Zappee and Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

Did you try using the Search option on this forum? Surely you have not.

Here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-financial-support-document-required-have-one-document-of-scholarship.511479/#post-6269218

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016

Hey did you apply yet? What was the result?