+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financial Requirements for Study Visa through SPP

sran_wick

Mar 24, 2016
Hi

I have been accepted to study a two year long post-graduate diploma in accounting at Selkirk college. Since I am an international student from India, so I would need a study permit to begin my classes.

CIC website provides information on financial requirements for study visa in this way that a single student would need to show proof for tuition plus $10,000 for a 12 month period. Would these funds be enough to obtain study permit even if course length is more than 12 months?
I am aware that GIC from Scotiabank or ICICI bank must be submitted.

Looking forward to hear from experts or successful visa holders.

Thank you.

sran_wick

Mar 24, 2016
If anyone looking for the answer to same question then IMM5483E Document Checklist clearly states on page 2 that proof of financial support to be submitted could be one of the following
  • If the duration of your studies in Canada will be less than one year, proof of financial support for the duration of your studies in Canada.
  • If the duration of your studies in Canada will be more than one year, proof of financial support for the first year of your studies in Canada.

This answers the question even if your course length is more than 12 months you still have to show funds for 12 months only.