+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financial proof for e Apr federal skilled worker

Apr 4, 2018
Hi all,
My husband and I along with our daughter have received ita in the last month draw and we are currently in the process of filing the e Apr. My doubts are as follows

1. The total funds for the three of us was declared as 20k CAD in our profile. Should we show the bank balance for that amount for the past 6 months or is it enough that we carry it only at the time of entry into the country.

2. The bank account is currently in my name only. Can I add my husband as joint account holder to the account as he is the primary applicant?

TIA

vish82

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
As far as I understand it, you must show 6 months bank balance as they are maintenance funds. Funds under your name are fine as long as your husband has claimed your points. Good Luck

Hi all,
My husband and I along with our daughter have received ita in the last month draw and we are currently in the process of filing the e Apr. My doubts are as follows

1. The total funds for the three of us was declared as 20k CAD in our profile. Should we show the bank balance for that amount for the past 6 months or is it enough that we carry it only at the time of entry into the country.

2. The bank account is currently in my name only. Can I add my husband as joint account holder to the account as he is the primary applicant?

TIA

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
I will be needing around 6.5 lakh as proof of funds to be shown. I have a salary account with where in I have saved upto 2 lakh. My brother is willing to take a personal loan of remaining 4 lakh now and transfer that amount to my salary account to equate it to the minimum required balance. He will then be paying the debts on his own and I don't have to pay that amount back to him. Technically, it is not required to show the origination/source of funds if it has stayed in the account for more than 6 months (correct me if I am wrong tho). If I let those funds (2lakh + 4lakh loan merged) sit in my salary account as it is, without any withdrawal for 6 months and the apply for EE. Will it make my POF proof any suspicious?