+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financial Disclosure

thunderbeans

May 4, 2018
Hi,

I have received my ITA and am about to submit my visa application to be a permanent resident. The final part I need to do is get a report from my bank about my finances. I work full time and have been for the last 8 years so I have had a constant pay check going in.

Over the last year I have been able to save nearly all the money required by my visa, however my parents are going to give me the last £2000 as a gift to get me started and I am worried a large deposit like that will mean they will reject my visa. Without the gift from my parents I would be under the required amount (mainly due to all the stuff I had to do to prepare for the visa (medicals, police check, education certs etc)) but I can earn that £2000 in the next 3-4 months easily with my paycheck anyway.

Could anyone give any advice here, how strict is this? Would it be better to have my parents give me the gift now and wait a month or so before submitting my visa?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is a gift deed? Do I get it from the bank?
No, you do not get it from the bank. It is a legal document stating the transfer of funds to a person without expecting repayment. Contact a public notary in wherever you're living to know how to properly execute one.