+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally!!

rgvinson777

Dec 12, 2007
No. We didn't use a lawyer. I know a person who didn't list any of his/her past traffic violations and they didn't have any problem with immigration. My crime was painting houses without the proper contractors license and contempt of court for not appearing when I was suppose to. that was in 1994. They just wanted the court record that the fine and any jail time had been paid and served. When I picked up my visa they mentioned the offence and that I had been deemed rehabilitated, so I suppose such things are important to immigration. 2 offences over 5 years ago is normally deemed rehabilitated.

Hope that helps.

RGV

banton

Oct 28, 2008
RGV,
Thanks a bunch....
How are you finding Canada so far as compared to the US. Any major differences?

rgvinson777

Dec 12, 2007
So far, I have noticed that I prefer the taste of American food over the Canadian. Bacon...milk....cheese .....sausage is all better in the states.. It's probably just that I am used to food in the States. Although I had a great Canadian steak last night. although smothered in American Hienz 57 Sauce.

Canadians seem to be more polite than Americans. Certainly more european if that makes any sense.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it's all a question of what you are used to. I think most immigrants to a point will try to seek out food that is something like what they are used to back home. The milk and milk products always taste different between countries but you get used to it.

ghiaskhan

rgvinson777 said:
Canadians seem to be more polite than Americans. Certainly more european if that makes any sense.
One in every two canadians is an immigrant, those who are not immigrants, their parents migrated to Canada.As all most every one had the simmilar experince of migration and relocation, they appreciate problems & diffculties of new migrants.So canadians are no doubt more polite.This also depends upon, how do you interect with others.

banton

Oct 28, 2008
RGV
Are you already working? If so, did you already have a job before you moved? If not, how is the job hunt?

ethanr

Nov 9, 2008
Congratulations RGV!!!
I am so happy to hear some good news!

I am in the process of filing my sponsorship application and my wife's PR application.
So basically we are at the first stage.
you mention above to provide state police clearance from every state you've lived more than 6 months,

My question is, how do you obtain one if for example you are living in California and you need the clearance from south Carolina without having to be physically there? Is this possibe? My wife got her livescan done and got her result for here in California, we asked the guy who did the livescan but he doesn't know.

need your advise!
thank you :)
Ethanr

rgvinson777

Dec 12, 2007
Hello Everyone...To answer your question... Read the immigration guides provided on the CIC websites for what is required for security checks and/or state criminal records checks.. I am self employed so I haven't been looking for employment as such. I have opened up my own business and completed my first contract this month.

I'm still not used to the food up here. I keep wanting to say "Lets go to the States to get something to eat." I guess you might have to be an American immigrant living in Canada to think that's funny.

Oh, well. I have run into a couple of rude Canadians so its nice to know that Canadians are human too.

Generally speaking, I am still thrilled to be living here in BC. Its cold outside but its cozy inside. I'm not sleeping alone anymore and the cops aren't after me (kidding). Does it get any better than this????? (Chuckle!)

Kristine88

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
⠀⠀⠀⠀Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
⠀⠀⠀⠀December 2, 2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
⠀⠀⠀⠀May 22, 2015
LANDED..........
⠀⠀⠀⠀June 15, 2015
Congratulations! :)

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Kristine88 said:
Congratulations! :)
May I ask why you decided to bump this post from 7 years ago? The OP has not posted since 2009.