+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally Visa, Approved !

Hardy079

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
U had to explain, with proofs, the grading system of Mumbai University to visa issuing officials??!! That's unpleasant, especially for someone rushing to meet deadlines already... :(

Anyways, congrats and all the best ahead!! ;D

And thanks so much for motivation and guidance! :)

Vipul Mehta

Mar 13, 2014
ConfusedGirl93 said:
Finally yesterday I received my passport stamped and approved !

I would really want to tell everyone please never give up and do not lose hope at all !
I got my visa in the second attempt!

I had applied applied for my study visa from mumbai vfs on March 17 2015 for May 2015 intake under general category !

My file was processing in New Delhi and on March 26th I got my passport dispatched status at 4.20 pm, I got super worried and thought I had lost all hopes as during my previous refusal the same thing happened I just got a dispatch mail while the others got an approval mail so I though its over and I had given up!

But, the next day when I was on my way to collect my passport from the Vfs I got an approval mail at around 1.58 pm on 27th March!
Next was a stamped visa which I collected!

So guys please don't lose hope a dispatch mail does not always mean rejection !

I am going for Internet Programming and database management( coop) course to Lambton College, Sarnia

My profile is

SSC - 85%
HSC- 50%
Bsc It (graduated in 2014) - 54% , 4 backlogs
IELTS- 7.5

Also there is no rule that some one with below 60% cannot get visa all these are myths . Please do not try to compare your case with some one else and get yourself depressed just work hard on your case and you will definitely make it !

Stay blessed and Thank you everyone on this forum who really helped a lot :)

Good Luck to everyone :)

P.S. This was my second attempt I had applied under spp earlier for January 2015 intake and got refused for other reasons.

Congratulations ... For ur visa... And hope u succeed in Canada. I am also somehow in same situation like you . Applied visa for May, 2014 intake but got rejected. You mentioned recommendation from Mumbai Uni. If you could please tell me the format of the letter. And also did u lodged ur file through a consultant, if yes please tell mevf name for d consultant...
Thanks

Mar 17, 2015
u order caips from website?if yes then which website?and howmuch u paid for it?
i can see 3 payment types 40 ,60 ,120
how much time will it take?
i mail for inquiry regarding caips but no responce?
i hope this is due to saturday and sunday.
i mail for inquiry @ www.caips.ca

Sukriti

Apr 27, 2012
Congratulations..

Keep holding on to your dreams like you have..

And all the best.. May you have a great year ahead.. :)

jigar7722

Sep 17, 2014
i got admission in siast clg of saskachewan province in design & drafting which is related to my field.

but worried about visa because my profile is

10th:- 84%

diploma:- 6.8 cgpa

backlogs:- 7

ielts:- 6.5

what u think can i get visa by this profile....please help me out....i m totally confused and worried due to backlogs...

and also send your sop to jigarrabari7722@gmail.com so that from your sop i can make my sop better and strong....please send it would be a great help...

ConfusedGirl93

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
Hardy079 said:
U had to explain, with proofs, the grading system of Mumbai University to visa issuing officials??!! That's unpleasant, especially for someone rushing to meet deadlines already... :(

Anyways, congrats and all the best ahead!! ;D

And thanks so much for motivation and guidance! :)
Ya since they assumed it wrong ! I had to give solid proof to prove my points and nit leave a single loop hole !

So I did it ! it took me two months if tym to get the exact reason and to hustify it after my 1st refusal ! But I did it and eventually things got sorted :)

Thanks A lot :)
All the best to u too ;)

I have got it all from this forum, So I would love to share it with all the applicants ahead !

ConfusedGirl93

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
dhorajiyabhavin2 said:
u order caips from website?if yes then which website?and howmuch u paid for it?
i can see 3 payment types 40 ,60 ,120
how much time will it take?
i mail for inquiry regarding caips but no responce?
i hope this is due to saturday and sunday.
i mail for inquiry @ www.caips.ca
Well in my case my agent got the caips !
He requested a canadian citizen to do it for me ! In my case I had to pay 40 CAD$ !
It took around a month to arrive ! I think if you have put in an enquiry they will reply in a day or two !

I hope this helps :)

ConfusedGirl93

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
jigar7722 said:
i got admission in siast clg of saskachewan province in design & drafting which is related to my field.

but worried about visa because my profile is

10th:- 84%

diploma:- 6.8 cgpa

backlogs:- 7

ielts:- 6.5

what u think can i get visa by this profile....please help me out....i m totally confused and worried due to backlogs...

and also send your sop to jigarrabari7722 @ gmail.com so that from your sop i can make my sop better and strong....please send it would be a great help...
[/quot

I have replied tou you in inbox regardng same !
Have a look ! Hope it helps you

dUNE

Feb 15, 2014
ConfusedGirl93 said:
Thanks A lot :)

Prevsly I had been refused for other reasons .

I called for my caips and they had mentioned there that my % is 40.56 accdng to thm which is not acceptable and doesnt prove me to be a bonafide student !

There was a misconception of calculation I belev cuz tey calculated my percentage accdng to the gpa printed in my marksheets .

They assumed it was a gpa on scale of 10 and considered it that way .

So I explained that the mumbai university follows a 7 point grading system and gpa is calculated accdng to that and I showed them the working of my % how it cums up to 54% and I got that entire calculation attested by the mumbai university . I got a letter from the university stating my % gpa and grade and the grading system if the university !

I got a recommendation letter from my college in India .
A support letter from lambton college stating that my acdemics are perfct suited for the course I am going .

I added the grading system manual of mumbai university to show the grading system !

I wrote a sop clarifyng the same . This was all the additional stuff I added
hi confusegirl, may i know if you include in your application the previous letter of refusal?

ConfusedGirl93

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
A lot of people are asking me about my SOP/Covering Letter !

I am sorry I do not have it handy because my HD has crashed a few days ago due to which my data has washed out !

I ll just put down some points regarding my Sop and also in general how it is supposed to be !

Firstly, please do not write long SOP's I doubt they have they tym to read it !
A SOP should be maximum one and a half to two pages depending on your content ! It should not exceed 1500 words .

Firstly if you are a fresh applicant your are going to give a gist of your entire file in your SOP.

You must cover the following points:
Introduction about yourself

Why did you chose canada ?

why did you chose the particular college and course?

Talk about your qualifications and study [Be smart and try to highlight your plus points and good scores and achievements werever possible and try to cover up for your negatives ie., Backlogs and Low grades].

If you have low grades try to show that your low grades do not reflect your personality and the practical knowledge you posses in your field ! Try to focus on practicals more and say you believe in practical knowledge than theorotical mug up work ! Hence, that is the main reason you want to study at Canada cuz studies are based on realtime practice and practical knowledge.

Talk about how doing the particular course will help you and how it is related to your previous qualification.

Talk about your funds .

Talk about your future plans and goals ! As to how you are going to come back to your own country and work and how your studies in Canada will be a plus point for you !
Say that Home is where the family belongs so there is no two ways about not returning back to your country as you have great responsibility towards your parents and family.

End by a humble request for them to approve your visa and how imp it is for you to get it to make your career.

Now, if yours is a rejected case and you are re applying then there is nothing specific ! You don not have to write too much .
The letter should be in the support of documents you have added to justify your refusal reason . Justify each point given in your refusal letter properly !

P.S : If you have backlogs, low academics or ny issues related to poor academics and scores its good to add recommendation letters . Get one from the college you have previously studied at . Get a support letter from your college/uni at Canada that they have accepted you after checking your academics and capability and your scores are well suited and above average for the course you intend to study .

This is it regarding the SOP . Make it short sweet and simple yet very informative and crisp !

I think this should help all of you looking for writing an SOP .

All the very best for your applications :)