+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally the day has arrived.

arnie

Apr 9, 2007
Ozzie said:
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..................

wow Eduardo, bro thats an excellent news...... remember when we both were waiting for FBI clearance????????
and now you got the PPR 2 days after me ... unbelievable... Im happy for your bro... don't delay and send you passports.. I already did that yesterday...
GOODLUCK!

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Thanks again to all for your kindly replies; it makes me feel proud to be part of this Forum

Here you are my timeline

Applied: Dec 04
AOR: Feb 05
IA: Mar 05
IELTS requirement: Mar 05
Proof of Founds requirement: Apr 05
Other Documents: Nov 05
Proof of Founds requirement: Mar 06
Additional documents & Funds: Jun 06
Interview Waived: Aug 06
Medicals Done: Sep 06
FBI done: Sep-Dec 06
Police clearance: Dec 06
FBI, Police & ROLF delivered: Jan 07
Passport Requests: Apr 07

Note: the CIC fax states that we shall land into Canada before Our medicals expire, it means before September 07, they also says that they will not authorize other
Medicals if we fail to land before the due date

Expected time of processing for my country: max 24 months
Total time for processing spent: 26 Months

Cheers for all
Eduardo

leslieann

Mar 9, 2007
Congratulations, Ozzie and Eduardo,

You have both offered so much to this forum, and now you offer HOPE that the process actually will work and that patience is the virtue we need to cultivate. I have so much enjoyed Eduardo's positive and gentle responses to queries....I hope we continue to hear from both of you as you move into your new country.

Best,
Leslie Ann

monica_5

Mar 28, 2007
Hi Edurado,

Congratulations!!

You mentioned that you were requested for Proof of Founds requirement on Mar 06.

I had send my Proof of Funds (Notarized letter from Bank stating the funds, not the actual Bank statement) along with original application but I have been asked to send the Proof of Funds again. I wonder - do they not consider the notarized letter from Bank? Did you send the actual Bank Statement. What did you send?

Thanks,
Monica

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
monica_5 said:
Hi Edurado,

Congratulations!!

You mentioned that you were requested for Proof of Founds requirement on Mar 06. 

I had send my Proof of Funds (Notarized letter from Bank stating the funds, not the actual Bank statement)  along with original application but I have been asked to send the Proof of Funds again.  I wonder - do they not consider the notarized letter from Bank?  Did you send the actual Bank Statement.  What did you send?

Thanks,
Monica
Hi Monica

Thanks a lot!!

Answering at your question, first of all you may expect from CIC as many proof of founds request as possible, the reason for this is that you may change the savings amount from one day to another (for instance, today’s balance reports $5,000, tomorrow’s it could be $1000 or vice versa) so they want to make sure that you actually have the required amount for settlement all the time along the process.

I was asked for it several times before, and every single time I sent the most current balance bank account I had. I did not notarize them, I just scanned the originals.
On the very last request they told me that my funds was not enough so I wrote a letter explaining that, and of course; I had not $18,000 sit in the bank, but I made a list of all my properties with their current market value so they could be sold once I receive the Visa... I have already got the thumbs up; it means they accepted my point.

Regards
Eduardo