+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally received PR!!! Heres my timeline... (outland spousal sponsorship)

valerie19

Sep 21, 2016
Hi everyone,
Not sure if anyone will be interested to read this, but something like this would have helped me stay calm during my whole application process!! so hopefully this helps someone in my same situation.

So my husband and i applied for his PR (outland, from Ecuador to be exact) back in september 2016. Here is our timeline:

1. Application for permanent residence received on September 28, 2016.
  2. Received correspondence acknowledging receipt of application on February 2, 2017.
  3. processing application started on December 22, 2016.
  4. Medicals and Police Certificate requested on February 2, 2017.
  5. Medical results received March 1st.
  6. Passport request August 17, 2017.
  7. Passport received with PR documents August 30, 2017.

Now heres the thing, when they requested my husbands medical records and Police certificate we were only able to send his medicals with in the time frame we were given, the police records took really long to get (my husband is from Argentina and our country of residency is Ecuador, so we had to send a request to Argentina and wait for them to send the document back). It took about 5 weeks for us to receive his police certificate, i was already freaking out at this point, i emailed the Canadian embassy in Mexico, which is the office we were assigned, and let them know what was going on.
They granted us 60 extra days to send the documents needed. Once we received them we sent them in, and thats where things got extra nerve wracking for me.

So first i found out i was pregnant! obviously we were thrilled, but this meant a deadline for travel ( pregnant women can only travel up to 36 weeks pregnant if they have a normal pregnancy) So i was crossing my fingers that everything would work out and id be able to travel by September 2017.

Then to make things worse i got absolutely NO news on my application, no update by cic or ecas stating they even received my husbands police certificate, nor any reply to my emails. I requested my ATIP notes in July because i was going crazy wondering what happened, i thought since we took long to send in the documents requested our application was delayed or just put on hold. We got the notes back with in 3 weeks, but it didn't contain any helpful information, just that he had passed his medicals.
I finally just gave up hope and my husband and i started making other plans and arrangements for our baby to be born here in Ecuador and we thought hopefully by January 2018 we would be travelling to Canada.

But then out of no where, with no updates or notification what so ever for about 5 months, we received the email requesting his passport (on August 17 2017)!! We were so excited we ran to the closest courier and sent the passport the very same day. Today is August 30th 2017 and i just picked up my husbands passport from DHL with his PR visa on it!!!:D

I know we where lucky, because when we check the approximate processing time its 16 months, and we finished the whole process with in 11 months.

Waiting around with no notification, just not knowing what is going on, is really stressful and scary. So if anyone else is going through the same thing, hang in there!!! when you least expect it you will receive the good news!

We have just purchased our flight tickets to Canada and will be travelling by the end of the coming month!

Good luck to everyone, best wishes!! ;)

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
Not sure if anyone will be interested to read this, but something like this would have helped me stay calm during my whole application process!! so hopefully this helps someone in my same situation.

So my husband and i applied for his PR (outland, from Ecuador to be exact) back in september 2016. Here is our timeline:

2. Received correspondence acknowledging receipt of application on February 2, 2017.

Now heres the thing, when they requested my husbands medical records and Police certificate we were only able to send his medicals with in the time frame we were given, the police records took really long to get (my husband is from Argentina and our country of residency is Ecuador, so we had to send a request to Argentina and wait for them to send the document back). It took about 5 weeks for us to receive his police certificate, i was already freaking out at this point, i emailed the Canadian embassy in Mexico, which is the office we were assigned, and let them know what was going on.
They granted us 60 extra days to send the documents needed. Once we received them we sent them in, and thats where things got extra nerve wracking for me.

So first i found out i was pregnant! obviously we were thrilled, but this meant a deadline for travel ( pregnant women can only travel up to 36 weeks pregnant if they have a normal pregnancy) So i was crossing my fingers that everything would work out and id be able to travel by September 2017.

Then to make things worse i got absolutely NO news on my application, no update by cic or ecas stating they even received my husbands police certificate, nor any reply to my emails. I requested my ATIP notes in July because i was going crazy wondering what happened, i thought since we took long to send in the documents requested our application was delayed or just put on hold. We got the notes back with in 3 weeks, but it didn't contain any helpful information, just that he had passed his medicals.
I finally just gave up hope and my husband and i started making other plans and arrangements for our baby to be born here in Ecuador and we thought hopefully by January 2018 we would be travelling to Canada.

But then out of no where, with no updates or notification what so ever for about 5 months, we received the email requesting his passport (on August 17 2017)!! We were so excited we ran to the closest courier and sent the passport the very same day. Today is August 30th 2017 and i just picked up my husbands passport from DHL with his PR visa on it!!!:D

I know we where lucky, because when we check the approximate processing time its 16 months, and we finished the whole process with in 11 months.

Waiting around with no notification, just not knowing what is going on, is really stressful and scary. So if anyone else is going through the same thing, hang in there!!! when you least expect it you will receive the good news!

We have just purchased our flight tickets to Canada and will be travelling by the end of the coming month!

Congratulations to you and your husband

Reactions: valerie19

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Congratulations! Depending on what province you are planning on moving to you will not have health care when you arrive and will have to pay for your delivery and other pre and post natal care. Please look into this.

valerie19

Sep 21, 2016
Congratulations! Depending on what province you are planning on moving to you will not have health care when you arrive and will have to pay for your delivery and other pre and post natal care. Please look into this.
Thanks for the info!! But I myself am a Canadian citizen by birth, so I'm covered when it comes to healthcare!

MizKat

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Texas
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
11-07-2017
Doc's Request.
20-08-2017
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
Med's Done....
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
20-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2018

valerie19

Sep 21, 2016
Reactions: MizKat

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
Applicant - 12-05-2017, Sponsor - 13-05-2017. AOR2 - 30-06-2017
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Hi everyone,

Congratulations!!! Wish your family a beautiful life ahead... Thank you for sharing your experience. :)

Sep 15, 2017

My journey to Canada Permanent Resident Visa through Express Entry- Timeline

Dear friends,

First of all, let me thank this great platform which I have benefitted from a great deal ever since I created my Canada Express Entry profile in April 2017. To be critically honest, I’ve been feeling guilty, lately, for not contributing and not sharing my experiences at this invaluable forum which has guided me during various stages of my PR application through knowledge/experience sharing by forum members. I can’t thank enough the members of this forum for helping me ease my nerves and knowing what to expect next on several occasions. So below is the timeline of the events as they happened to me:

Educational Credentials Assessment by WES Canada:

1). Registered & Application sent to WES: 6 March 2017
2). Sealed Envelope of Academic Transcripts couriered via DHL to WES Canada office: 8 March 2017
3). Shipment Delivered Notification by DHL received: 10 March 2017
4). WES Evaluation Complete Notification received: 05 April 2017

Canada Express Entry (CIC EE):

1). EE Profile Created: 13 April 2017
2). Received Invitation to Apply (ITA) under Federal Skilled Worker stream: 28 June 2017 (I had to take IELTS three times to achieve band score of 8.0 which ramped up my CRS from 406 to 473. Since I was always missing out by 0.5 band, I decided to stick with improving my CRS via improved IELTS score and not going for Provincial Nominee Programs as it was likely to be quicker way to get ITA)

3). Got my Medical Tests Done: 04 July 2017

4). Paid fees & transmitted my Completed Application for Permanent Residency through EE: 06 July 2017 **(applied as ‘Single candidate’ with no dependent under NOC: 2171 i.e. IT Consultant)**

5). Got the email notifying about Acknowledgement of Application Received (AOR): 06 July 2017

6). Medical Tests updated as ‘Passed’: 21 July 2017

(Rest of the messages were.....

Eligibility: We are reviewing your eligibility, we will inform you if there is an update or we need more information from you.
Additional Documents: We are reviewing your additional documents, we will inform you if we need more documents.
Medical: You Passed the Medical.
Background Check: Not Applicable.
Interview: We do not need interview, we will inform you if this changes.
Finger Prints: We do not need your finger prints, we will inform you if this changes.
Final Decision: We are reviewing your eligibility, we will inform you once a final decision has been made.)

7). Request Letter for RPRF (Right to Permanent Residency Fees) received: 25 August 2017 (please note: on my CIC EE account, the ‘Additional Documents’ status now changed to ‘we need more documents’, please check the message below for more information )

8). RPRF paid and uploaded the receipt through my EE account: 26 August 2017 (was given 7 days to pay though) (please note: on my CIC EE account, the ‘Additional Documents’ status now updated as: We are reviewing your additional documents, we will inform you if we need more information )

9). Passport Request (PPR) Email received (Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa) (CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC) <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>): 31 August 2017

(Given the unexpected format of the letter combined with the fact that it arrived straight to my email inbox, unlike all previous letters which were delivered through my EE account, I was skeptic about it initially but when I researched about such letter, luckily it was a legit letter.) (please note: on my CIC EE account, the ‘Background Check’ status now updated as: We are processing your background check, we will inform you if we need more information)

10). Passport Submitted (Passport Transmission Service for INR 600/-) at VFS New Delhi: 04 September 2017

11). Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR) & Visa Counterfoil stuck to my Passport: 06 September 2017
12). Status on my CIC EE account updtaed as ‘Final Decision: Approved’ and VFS application tracking services says ‘your processed passport has been dispatched to VFS Canada Application Centre, New Delhi and is now ready for collection’: 11 September 2017

13). Passport picked up: 12September2017 (the brown coloured sealed envelope had my Passport with Visa sticker stuck on it, two copies of COPR, one for client i.e. myself and one for immigration officer at Canada airport, and a set of guidelines)

So all-in-all….A quick recap:

1). Number of Applicants: Single (no spouse/dependent)

2). NOC: 2171 (IT Consultant)
3). Country of Application: India
4). Canada Express Entry profile created: 13 April 2017
5). Invitation to Apply (ITA) received: 28 June 2017
6). Fees Paid and Completed Application Sent & Acknowledgement of submission received: 06 July 2017
7). Confirmation of Permanent Residency: 06 September 2017
8). I received my passport back from Canada VFS New Delhi: 12 September 2017
9). Total time taken by IRCC for processing my PR application (Federal Skilled Worker) i.e. between 06 July 2017 and 06 September 2017: TWO MONTHS
10). Time taken by VFS Canada Visa Application Centre, New Delhi (between my passport submission and reception) i.e. 04 September 2017 and 12th September 2017: 9TH DAY (including weekends)

Please Note: The language and/or the words/sentences mentioned above may be slightly different to that of official IRCC messages as don’t quite remember the exact sentences. However, the information conveyed above is absolutely genuine and true.

Unfortunately, due to very busy time that lies ahead of me, I may not be able to answer queries. However, I sincerely wish every applicant great luck in their pursuit of Canada PR. May you all succeed in quick time.

God Bless.

dmwilson

Sep 15, 2017
Thanks Valerie for posting this. It was really encouraging and helpful.

Did you not have to do an interview? I'm sponsoring my husband, we applied 9 months ago and are still waiting, and haven't heard anything about an interview being needed or not...

Mary-SK

Apr 18, 2018
Wow this would help so many people ! Thanks

My journey to Canada Permanent Resident Visa through Express Entry- Timeline

Dear friends,

First of all, let me thank this great platform which I have benefitted from a great deal ever since I created my Canada Express Entry profile in April 2017. To be critically honest, I’ve been feeling guilty, lately, for not contributing and not sharing my experiences at this invaluable forum which has guided me during various stages of my PR application through knowledge/experience sharing by forum members. I can’t thank enough the members of this forum for helping me ease my nerves and knowing what to expect next on several occasions. So below is the timeline of the events as they happened to me:

Educational Credentials Assessment by WES Canada:

1). Registered & Application sent to WES: 6 March 2017
2). Sealed Envelope of Academic Transcripts couriered via DHL to WES Canada office: 8 March 2017
3). Shipment Delivered Notification by DHL received: 10 March 2017
4). WES Evaluation Complete Notification received: 05 April 2017

Canada Express Entry (CIC EE):

1). EE Profile Created: 13 April 2017
2). Received Invitation to Apply (ITA) under Federal Skilled Worker stream: 28 June 2017 (I had to take IELTS three times to achieve band score of 8.0 which ramped up my CRS from 406 to 473. Since I was always missing out by 0.5 band, I decided to stick with improving my CRS via improved IELTS score and not going for Provincial Nominee Programs as it was likely to be quicker way to get ITA)

3). Got my Medical Tests Done: 04 July 2017
4). Paid fees & transmitted my Completed Application for Permanent Residency through EE: 06 July 2017 **(applied as ‘Single candidate’ with no dependent under NOC: 2171 i.e. IT Consultant)**

5). Got the email notifying about Acknowledgement of Application Received (AOR): 06 July 2017
6). Medical Tests updated as ‘Passed’: 21 July 2017

(Rest of the messages were.....
Eligibility: We are reviewing your eligibility, we will inform you if there is an update or we need more information from you.
Additional Documents: We are reviewing your additional documents, we will inform you if we need more documents.
Medical: You Passed the Medical.
Background Check: Not Applicable.
Interview: We do not need interview, we will inform you if this changes.
Finger Prints: We do not need your finger prints, we will inform you if this changes.
Final Decision: We are reviewing your eligibility, we will inform you once a final decision has been made.)

7). Request Letter for RPRF (Right to Permanent Residency Fees) received: 25 August 2017 (please note: on my CIC EE account, the ‘Additional Documents’ status now changed to ‘we need more documents’, please check the message below for more information )

8). RPRF paid and uploaded the receipt through my EE account: 26 August 2017 (was given 7 days to pay though) (please note: on my CIC EE account, the ‘Additional Documents’ status now updated as: We are reviewing your additional documents, we will inform you if we need more information )

9). Passport Request (PPR) Email received (Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa) (CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC) <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>): 31 August 2017

(Given the unexpected format of the letter combined with the fact that it arrived straight to my email inbox, unlike all previous letters which were delivered through my EE account, I was skeptic about it initially but when I researched about such letter, luckily it was a legit letter.) (please note: on my CIC EE account, the ‘Background Check’ status now updated as: We are processing your background check, we will inform you if we need more information)

10). Passport Submitted (Passport Transmission Service for INR 600/-) at VFS New Delhi: 04 September 2017
11). Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR) & Visa Counterfoil stuck to my Passport: 06 September 2017
12). Status on my CIC EE account updtaed as ‘Final Decision: Approved’ and VFS application tracking services says ‘your processed passport has been dispatched to VFS Canada Application Centre, New Delhi and is now ready for collection’: 11 September 2017

13). Passport picked up: 12September2017 (the brown coloured sealed envelope had my Passport with Visa sticker stuck on it, two copies of COPR, one for client i.e. myself and one for immigration officer at Canada airport, and a set of guidelines)

So all-in-all….A quick recap:

1). Number of Applicants: Single (no spouse/dependent)

2). NOC: 2171 (IT Consultant)
3). Country of Application: India
4). Canada Express Entry profile created: 13 April 2017
5). Invitation to Apply (ITA) received: 28 June 2017
6). Fees Paid and Completed Application Sent & Acknowledgement of submission received: 06 July 2017
7). Confirmation of Permanent Residency: 06 September 2017
8). I received my passport back from Canada VFS New Delhi: 12 September 2017
9). Total time taken by IRCC for processing my PR application (Federal Skilled Worker) i.e. between 06 July 2017 and 06 September 2017: TWO MONTHS
10). Time taken by VFS Canada Visa Application Centre, New Delhi (between my passport submission and reception) i.e. 04 September 2017 and 12th September 2017: 9TH DAY (including weekends)

Please Note: The language and/or the words/sentences mentioned above may be slightly different to that of official IRCC messages as don’t quite remember the exact sentences. However, the information conveyed above is absolutely genuine and true.

Unfortunately, due to very busy time that lies ahead of me, I may not be able to answer queries. However, I sincerely wish every applicant great luck in their pursuit of Canada PR. May you all succeed in quick time.

God Bless.