+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally received an update from LVO! Procedsural Fairness !

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
we are both muslims and CIC knooooooooows that a muslim girl can't marry without her father's permission !! theyyyy know !! This is how it works in the middle east for god sake ! Plus I did provide all the passport stamps previously when we first applied .. I don't understans why he/she asking for the stamps now

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
we are both muslims and CIC knooooooooows that a muslim girl can't marry without her father's permission !! theyyyy know !! This is how it works in the middle east for god sake ! Plus I did provide all the passport stamps previously when we first applied .. I don't understans why he/she asking for the stamps now
They're not asking for just passport stamps - they're asking for other proof you live in Canada, which I guess you didn't provide? Provide a lease, utility bills, etc. You say you're a full-time student, so provide transcripts and class schedules.

For the marriage, they want to know why you didn't sign the contract because it makes it look like it was a proxy marriage. Do you have photos of you present signing the marriage contract? While I am sure that CIC knows you cannot get married without your father's permission, they are wondering why he signed the contract and not you.

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
They're not asking for just passport stamps - they're asking for other proof you live in Canada, which I guess you didn't provide? Provide a lease, utility bills, etc. You say you're a full-time student, so provide transcripts and class schedules.

For the marriage, they want to know why you didn't sign the contract because it makes it look like it was a proxy marriage. Do you have photos of you present signing the marriage contract? While I am sure that CIC knows you cannot get married without your father's permission, they are wondering why he signed the contract and not you.
We both signed it I don’t know why they can’t see my clear signature and they are only focusing on my dad’s ! I did provide an employment letter when I submitted the application along with letters from my family and friends emphasizing that I’m a resident of Ontario .. but what can I tell u my friend .. i think it’s just my bad luck
How can I submit these docs ? Email or mail ?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
What did the letter tell you to do?

And letters from family and friends emphasizing that you're a resident of Ontario isn't enough. You need other proof that you are resident in Ontario, like bills, contracts, etc.

Reactions: Hana Diabas

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
I will send the most recent paystub from my current job along with bank statements for the past 6 months ... I don’t have any utilities under my name since I live w my parents and it’s all under dad’s name .. however I can provide my phone’s bill .. I don’t know if that’s adequate to prove that I’m in Canada and I have been throughout entire application ..

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
What did the letter tell you to do?

And letters from family and friends emphasizing that you're a resident of Ontario isn't enough. You need other proof that you are resident in Ontario, like bills, contracts, etc.
I recently bought a car .. should I include the car agreement that I signed ?!

Reactions: Best4best

Best4best

Sep 24, 2018
I recently bought a car .. should I include the car agreement that I signed ?!
Yes sure that would help. Also try and get as much as possible documents to proof your in Canada and re copied the entry stamp again when you at the wedding with your husband. I wish you all the best my dear.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I will send the most recent paystub from my current job along with bank statements for the past 6 months ... I don’t have any utilities under my name since I live w my parents and it’s all under dad’s name .. however I can provide my phone’s bill .. I don’t know if that’s adequate to prove that I’m in Canada and I have been throughout entire application ..
You need to prove you've been in Canada throughout the entire application since that is what is at issue here. Surely you have bank statements for longer than 6 months, or the bank can provide you with some?

This is very serious. They think that you were not at the marriage contract signing and that you left Canada during this spousal application. Have you traveled outside of Canada since you made the application? For how long?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You need to send more than your most recent paystub. As @k.h.p. says, you have to prove you have lived in Canada all through the period of the application.

Send paystubs for the entire period, along with bank statements, phone records, credit card records, pictures from social media ... anything that can help prove that you have been living in Canada this whole time.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
You need to send more than your most recent paystub. As @k.h.p. says, you have to prove you have lived in Canada all through the period of the application.

Send paystubs for the entire period, along with bank statements, phone records, credit card records, pictures from social media ... anything that can help prove that you have been living in Canada this whole time.
Please copy paste your letter after hiding personal info so that we can guide you more

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016

How about my notice of assessment for 2018? It showes I worked all the way to December

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
How about my notice of assessment for 2018? It showes I worked all the way to December
Yes - and this isn't a case of either/or. Gather all the evidence you can and send it. That means the NoA and the paystubs, along with everything else.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Have you traveled outside of Canada since you made the application? For how long?

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
Have you traveled outside of Canada since you made the application? For how long?
I visited my husband mid December then while visiting him his father was announced brain dead so I ended up extending my stay till mid Feb .. I couldn’t leave him suffering by himself !!