+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FINALLY I AM A CANADIAN

CanadianSam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OKK said:
Today was my Oath Ceremony and today I am a proud Canadian.....Good Luck to everyone who are stuck in this limbo....guys at the end its well worth the wait...It sure feel real nice ;D :p ;)
Congratulations.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
OKK said:
thanks guys :) :)
A curious question - do you plan to remain in canada? i.e. have you managed to settle well during your stay so far? Or you'll be exploring jobs abroad now?

Behnam_canada

Aug 25, 2013
qameralam said:
I also became canadian today.
I applied Nov 4th,2012 file started processing january 16th 2013 got test on August 15th,2013 took oath on august 23rd,2013

Good luck to everyone
Hi,

Is it possible to you to give us a bit more details on your application? E.g., where did you apply, were you out of country before applying , ... Thanks.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
emamabd said:
A curious question - do you plan to remain in canada? i.e. have you managed to settle well during your stay so far? Or you'll be exploring jobs abroad now?
I already work for the City of Toronto been working for past 3 years

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OKK said:
I already work for the City of Toronto been working for past 3 years
Congrats...seems the City may be in need of a New Mayor...with your new status and a good campaign it can be all OKK!!

sheb

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
COngrats OKK and Qamer! I hope my case will be as fast as Qamer's! :) Qamer what do you think what was the reason of having a short timeline in your case? (Did you submit only required documents with your initial application or more than they have asked?) Thanks and all the best!!

joysteve

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-04-2013
File Transfer...
14-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2013 with Appendix A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14-11-2013/ Visa in hand 23-11-2013
LANDED..........
31-01-2014 N.S.
qameralam said:
I also became canadian today.
I applied Nov 4th,2012 file started processing january 16th 2013 got test on August 15th,2013 took oath on august 23rd,2013

Good luck to everyone
Congratulations! ;)
what about when a person has a spousal visa. Any idea how the process goes?

thanks.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
OKK said:
Today was my Oath Ceremony and today I am a proud Canadian.....Good Luck to everyone who are stuck in this limbo....guys at the end its well worth the wait...It sure feel real nice ;D :p ;)
I am so Happy for you OKK! must be an amazing feeling to get over all the paper work! All the very best and Enjoy your new status as a Canadian Citizen!

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
Yolka said:
I am so Happy for you OKK! must be an amazing feeling to get over all the paper work! All the very best and Enjoy your new status as a Canadian Citizen!
Thanks Yolka....It sure does feel great.

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi everyone,

I applied for my citizenship in June 2011 and received letter of acknowledgement on 22nd June 2012. My application started getting processed in Jan 2013 and was transfered to surrey office in Sep 2013.

my situation is a bit complicated:
Unfortunately I lost my job and have moved to Calgary to look for work and to live with my finacee.
My fiancee and I are getting married next week
since i moved to AB in beginning of Dec, I have discontinued my BC health plan from february onwards(mentioning about this because if i havebc heath card it is kind of a residece proof)
Besides, to make situation worse, I just realized that i have lost my PR card.

My dilema is that should I change my address as CIC suggests on its website. It seems to me that I am really close to the 24 month time frame that they have mentioned on their website and transferring file to calgary will make it worse or so I think....

please please please help me. Am veryvery very confused and directionless

If I dont change the address, i will

my concern is, should I chage my address or should I let it be? Will it be considered illegal?