+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally got visa in 3rd attempt

Swati_vg

Aug 30, 2017
Did you submit a SOP with your application?? Also, how are your grades/scores in your previous degree?? Any fails/backlogs??
Yes I submitted an sop. My scores were increasing throughout my education..

10th- 55%
12th- 64%
Graduation- 65%
Pg diploma- 80%

I would like to say that I chose a wrong course and my sop didn't had a clear picture or plan for study in Canada.

Now that I got caips, I am choosing a post grad level relevant to my study course.

Swati_vg

Aug 30, 2017
No backlogs, no fail,

But I don't understand this line" i am not satisfied applicant would be a Bonafide student in Canada and would depart after the Authorize stay.

ayeshasultana2171

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
Hi Helican ,
Hope u remember my case . ..

I am ayesha Sultana from Hyderabad & i asked shared my rejection case for Sep 2017 with u in this forum ..

i have received my caips notes & the mentioned comment was written in it " Considering previous academic performance , relevance of the proposed course of study and taking into account factors such as travel history , personal establishment ....

I applying again in Jan 2018 intake but with a Graduate certificate which is more suitable for my current profile . As i am changing the course now , will it create any hurdle in my approval .. I have put lot of efforts in writing my SOP for this time .

Kindly suggest .

Ayesha

Swati_vg

Aug 30, 2017
Hi Helican ,

I am ayesha Sultana from Hyderabad & i asked shared my rejection case for Sep 2017 with u in this forum ..

i have received my caips notes & the mentioned comment was written in it " Considering previous academic performance , relevance of the proposed course of study and taking into account factors such as travel history , personal establishment ....

I applying again in Jan 2018 intake but with a Graduate certificate which is more suitable for my current profile . As i am changing the course now , will it create any hurdle in my approval .. I have put lot of efforts in writing my SOP for this time .

Kindly suggest .

Ayesha
Hi @ayeshasultana2171

My case is similar to yours and so is the caips reply! I too got this in my caips-

File reviewed- Considering previous academic performance, relevance of proposed course of study and taking into account factors such as travel history, personal establishment and ties to home country, I am not statisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in canada and would depart at the end of the period authorised for stay.

I am also changing my course and opting for a post grad level 1 year course. Now i dont understand what should I write in my SOP that can convince the VO that I will be a bonafide student and would depart back.

Can anyone suggest us something?

Thanks
Swati

Lallulal

Oct 9, 2017
Hello everyone.
I have completed my 12 in 2017 with 70% marks commerce stream ICSE BOARD
English 89
Commerce 66
Accounts 67
Economics 69
Maths 43
My IELTS score is overall 7 bands.lis8 read7 writing and spaking 6 each.
My percentage in 10th was 80 and there is no study gap.

I want to take admission in bow valley college in business administration course but im afraid that my student visa may be denied due to low maths marks in 12th class.is there such a possibility? Plz reply

Lallulal

Oct 9, 2017
Guys don't loose hope! I got visa in 3rd attempt. Keep trying and take smart decisions. Don't be desperate. Wait and carefully analyze the rejection issue and then work on your sop and explaination letter. All the best to all. I am flying in 2 weeks so inbox if you need any suggestions.
Hello everyone.
English 89
Commerce 66
Accounts 67
Economics 69
Maths 43

I want to take admission in bow valley college in business administration course but im afraid that my student visa may be denied due to low maths marks in 12th class.is there such a possibility? Plz reply

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hello everyone.
English 89
Commerce 66
Accounts 67
Economics 69
Maths 43

Hello, just make sure you justify in your SOP why you got so less in maths

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi Helican ,

Kindly suggest .

Ayesha
Hi Ayesha, I remember reading your case in this forum. Is this all written in your CAIPS report?? This is very generic remark. The officer has written nothing specific. He is talking abt academic performance - it could be backlogs, fails, low marks in any subject. second thing is purpose course of study - what is your last degree and what are you going to study now? Third point personal establishment - Are you working anywhere right now? Travel history is very common rejection reason - the visa officer needs to make sure that you never overstayed in any country outside India. May be he is looking at your experience traveling outside. If you have never traveled outside India then he does not think you will leave Canada on time after completing your studies. Some students stay back to work illegally.

ayeshasultana2171

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
Hi,
Thanks for your reply .

I am currently working & have strong ties in India which i did not mentioned in my last SOP & yes i do have backlogs & a gap in completing the degree . I did not mention the reason for this as well , selected a certificate course also ... On the whole i felt i have written a SOP which i could have also rejected if i was in a place of a VO ..... Now i have changed the course to 1 year PG course & have written a SOP with the best explanation ( to my knowledge :) .. I am just in a delima whether my change of course in second attempt will have any hurdle . I am explaining the reason also for the course change .

May i have ur inputs on this please ?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi,
Thanks for your reply .

I am currently working & have strong ties in India which i did not mentioned in my last SOP & yes i do have backlogs & a gap in completing the degree . I did not mention the reason for this as well , selected a certificate course also ... On the whole i felt i have written a SOP which i could have also rejected if i was in a place of a VO ..... Now i have changed the course to 1 year PG course & have written a SOP with the best explanation ( to my knowledge :) .. I am just in a delima whether my change of course in second attempt will have any hurdle . I am explaining the reason also for the course change .

May i have ur inputs on this please ?
change in course does not affect anything. Just make sure everything is explained properly in the SOP.

alisani

Nov 14, 2016
Good luck for your Future bro, and great job helping others, well i am looking to get admission in literally any University at the moment, i applied in uni of Calgary and in university of Saskatchewan, in 2013 but got reject form the said unis. I have taken ielts general exam for immigration purpose got 7.0 band. any way, i have done BS in geology 2.94/4.00 CGPA, 72.95% marks. with three years of working experience in Halliburton Oil and GAS company, should i apply for grad certificate course , will i get the visa on that

Szahra

Oct 12, 2017
Congrats
Need ur help! Where do I provide my GIC certificate and educational certificates as it's not asking except letter of explanation or acceptance

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Congrats
Need ur help! Where do I provide my GIC certificate and educational certificates as it's not asking except letter of explanation or acceptance
Are you following the india checklist