+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally got it

B

buddhadimple

amatullah said:
Well, immigrants who came to Canada are very much willing to shoulder the economy but they face discriminations in terms of job opportunities. It seems that white collar jobs are reserved for native Canadians (Canadian by birth) and immigrants have to do the donkey work. Correct me if I am wrong.
To an extent. Most government jobs prefer Canadian citizens over permanent residents or holders of work permits; however, that doesn't mean that immigrants are stuck with "donkey work", it just means immigrants aren't preferred for government positions. I personally think that that is a responsible choice by the government. Anyone can get a job in the private sector so long as they have relevant education or experience.

And not all immigrants are willing to shoulder the economy - look at the Romanian family in Abbotsford who have a million children who aren't allowed to integrate with Canadian children unless they're part of the Romanian church... and the family lives off benefits. This is not a regular occurrence but it's these types of things that create stigma around immigration and immigrants in general.

I think it also depends to where, in Canada, you are referring. For example, Toronto has an absolutely huge multicultural population. Vancouver is pretty much Euro-descent, Chinese, and Indian. Victoria was pretty much all Caucasian until a fairly recent influx in Chinese immigrants. Go to Saskatchewan and you won't see many immigrants. Attitudes are different nationally, provincially, and municipally based on social precedents, how multicultural the area is, and the economy of the area.

I don't think it's fair to spread a blanket statement over the entire country - it IS the second-largest in the world and has a lot of difference throughout its land.

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
Congrats on your PR!! :D

king kulfi

Jun 3, 2010
hey beans, congrats=) just curious...what did they ask you during the intrview and how long ws it?? did u bring any other proof with u