+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally got invited to appear in front of Citizenship judge.

Gibberish

May 12, 2018
Has anybody recently attended a hearing conducted by videoconference with a CJ?

If so, please share your experience and thoughts on it. Thanks.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Has anybody recently attended a hearing conducted by videoconference with a CJ?

If so, please share your experience and thoughts on it. Thanks.
Hi Gibberish,
not sure if Step 27, 2017 is recent for you, i did my hearing via videoconference in Scarborough, couple advices:
1- Bring all your ID not just the one they ask for (in my case they ask me for record of landing and all my passports, expired health card, driver's license,...).
2- The CJ went through all the documents i submitted one by one, make sure you have them on chronological order, CJ started asking questions about me since the date i arrived to canada and continue making his way to the present day, reason for travels, my occupation during that time, my husband work, my kids school,.... everything.
3- One thing you should make sure of is you travels and landing dates, the CJ will read you all those dates, in my case they made a mistake on my landing date and some travels that put me over 30 days short.
4- in a spreadsheet lis all your entry/exit dates. the visited country, duration of the stay, locate the stamp the passport for each entry or ext (page number).
5- the CJ may read you the notes from the officer that did your interview, make sure you have the supporting document if the statement need correction.
6- if the CJ ask you to withdraw your application to comment on that, let your self sometime to reflect on the hearing and the reason why the Cj thinks that your application will be denied ( The CJ told me coule times to withdraw my application, but i didn't and i got my citizenship).

I hope that helps, again this is just my experience.
good luck.

Reactions: dpenabill

Gibberish

May 12, 2018
Hi Gibberish,
not sure if Step 27, 2017 is recent for you, i did my hearing via videoconference in Scarborough, couple advices:
1- Bring all your ID not just the one they ask for (in my case they ask me for record of landing and all my passports, expired health card, driver's license,...).
2- The CJ went through all the documents i submitted one by one, make sure you have them on chronological order, CJ started asking questions about me since the date i arrived to canada and continue making his way to the present day, reason for travels, my occupation during that time, my husband work, my kids school,.... everything.
3- One thing you should make sure of is you travels and landing dates, the CJ will read you all those dates, in my case they made a mistake on my landing date and some travels that put me over 30 days short.
4- in a spreadsheet lis all your entry/exit dates. the visited country, duration of the stay, locate the stamp the passport for each entry or ext (page number).
5- the CJ may read you the notes from the officer that did your interview, make sure you have the supporting document if the statement need correction.
6- if the CJ ask you to withdraw your application to comment on that, let your self sometime to reflect on the hearing and the reason why the Cj thinks that your application will be denied ( The CJ told me coule times to withdraw my application, but i didn't and i got my citizenship).

I hope that helps, again this is just my experience.
good luck.
Thank you, Jaroddz, for your input. I really appreciate it.