Today I received email from London CHC
To submit my passport and photographs
I specially thanks to all of seniors and master qorax
All of your really helpful
Thanks for your advice and right guideline for Canada stamping
Dear friends
As you know
I am in my home country India now and my file application and process in London
Now how can I send my passport for stamping?
Because today I also got email from New Delhi CHC they not stamp my passport I must be send passport to London.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

If the Visa Office where your application is in process has requested you to submit your passport for visa issuance, you must submit your passport to the same Visa Office. No other Visa Office can issue the visa, nor can your passport be forwarded by one Visa Office to another.

We understand that, if you are currently in India and your application is process elsewhere, you will encounter difficulty trying to send your passport out of India. Since Indian law prohibits the sending of passports in and out of the country by mail or courier, you are advised to personally travel to the country where the Visa Office is situated in order to submit your passport, or to request a trusted person to carry your passport to that country on your behalf. Before choosing the latter option, however, it is essential to check with the Visa Office to find out whether they will accept passports submitted by a representative. If yes, you must provide authorization in writing to your representative to submit your passport on your behalf. You can complete and print the “Use of a Representative” form at this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/representative.asp. Please note that you may also be required to provide a mailing address in that country to which your passport can be returned after the visa is issued. We recommend that you check the Visa Office's website for complete information.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

MRJ.
Immigration Section / Section de l’immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

Websites/ Sites web: www.india.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
www.vfs-canada.co.in
www.goingtocanada.gc.ca

For all e-mail correspondence with our office, we request you to use the enquiries form at:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi
Always include the applicant's full name, date of birth, passport number and file number in your message
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NOW MY QUERY IS :

IS UK HOME OFFICE ISSUE UKTOURIST VISA FOR CANADA PASSPORT STAMPING?
OR
WHAT YOU THINK WHAT I NEED TO DO?
UK VISA OR SEND PASSPORT?
PLEASE GIVE ME REPLY
THANKS

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
@rags

Firstly, Heartiest Congratulations!

About the visa stamping, as stipulated by CIC & also corroborated by CHC-ND, u need to send your pps to CHC-London. Which could be done by two ways:
1. Send it "by hand" thru a friend/relative. -U need to provide him/her an authorization too
2. Obtan an UK visa & proceed personally to Grosvenor House for the stamping.

For option #2, pls note two things:
1. U can easily obtain the UK visa for this purpose.
2. Be prepared to stay in the UK for 15+ days, as the stamping is done every alternate weeks.

All the best!

Qorax

rag61180

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2009
Doc's Request.
15-05-2009
AOR Received.
20-06-2009
File Transfer...
20-06-2009
Med's Request
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2011
Thanks Qorax.
I considering all this aspeacts
let see
but I hartly thanks to you.
also alwase reading your forums for canada
Please give me more infromation for job and others thaings.
I am professionally Biomedical Scientist in UK.

saleem785javed

Star Member
May 27, 2010
canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rag61180 said:
Thanks Qorax.
I considering all this aspeacts
let see
but I hartly thanks to you.
also alwase reading your forums for canada
Please give me more infromation for job and others thaings.
I am professionally Biomedical Scientist in UK.
HI raj,

congratulations first of all. I am also in the same situation as you are, I am from hyd and i have ask in DHL couriers that whether they will accept pp's for sending london. They told that they accept PP'd if we have a valid reason. But i dont know how london CHC will send them back to india. Please check that out i think you no need to go UK form stamping.

if you found and way then please let me know as well.

regards,
saleem

cuccoo0

Jan 31, 2009
saleem785javed said:
HI raj,

congratulations first of all. I am also in the same situation as you are, I am from hyd and i have ask in DHL couriers that whether they will accept pp's for sending london. They told that they accept PP'd if we have a valid reason. But i dont know how london CHC will send them back to india. Please check that out i think you no need to go UK form stamping.

regards,
saleem

Dear Saleem and Raj
First of all heartiest congrats on receiving final approval.

As saleem has pointed out that DHL can carry your PP if the reason is valid.
Its a very easy way and far less cheaper than Applying then waiting and getting a UK visa and then flying. I think you can do the maths.

Best way to do this is to contact your local DHL office and inquire whether they are ready to give you the same service as Saleem.

If yes then without wasting time, hand them over the documents that are required and as a valid reason to carry the passport "Provide them with your histroy of the Canadian Immigration and a print out of the mail or written request whatever you have received from CHC". and you ll be good to go.

Aa far return is concerned, i know that if you provide the courier with the return documents fees and ask them to collect and redeliver the documents to you then they shall bring this back for you as well.

I know this thing is in practice so without wasting time just hit the road

May Allah help you

Salam

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
saleem785javed said:
HI raj,

regards,
saleem
cuccoo0 said:
Dear Saleem and Raj
First of all heartiest congrats on receiving final approval.

As saleem has pointed out that DHL can carry your PP if the reason is valid.
Its a very easy way and far less cheaper than Applying then waiting and getting a UK visa and then flying. I think you can do the maths.

Best way to do this is to contact your local DHL office and inquire whether they are ready to give you the same service as Saleem.

If yes then without wasting time, hand them over the documents that are required and as a valid reason to carry the passport "Provide them with your histroy of the Canadian Immigration and a print out of the mail or written request whatever you have received from CHC". and you ll be good to go.

Aa far return is concerned, i know that if you provide the courier with the return documents fees and ask them to collect and redeliver the documents to you then they shall bring this back for you as well.

I know this thing is in practice so without wasting time just hit the road

May Allah help you

Salam
That DHL guy is providing misinformation. Couriers in India r not supposed to receive pps. And even if one does - when the pps r concealed under other docs - the Customs r much likely to withhold the shipment.

Furhtermore, even if the pps reach CHC-London somehow, how do u propose them sending it back to u?

Qorax

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
rag61180 said:
Hello
Dear all of my friends and seniors
After so many long painful days
Today I received email from London CHC
To submit my passport and photographs
I specially thanks to all of seniors and master qorax
All of your really helpful
Thanks for your advice and right guideline for Canada stamping
Dear friends
As you know
I am in my home country India now and my file application and process in London
Now how can I send my passport for stamping?
Because today I also got email from New Delhi CHC they not stamp my passport I must be send passport to London.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

If the Visa Office where your application is in process has requested you to submit your passport for visa issuance, you must submit your passport to the same Visa Office. No other Visa Office can issue the visa, nor can your passport be forwarded by one Visa Office to another.

We understand that, if you are currently in India and your application is process elsewhere, you will encounter difficulty trying to send your passport out of India. Since Indian law prohibits the sending of passports in and out of the country by mail or courier, you are advised to personally travel to the country where the Visa Office is situated in order to submit your passport, or to request a trusted person to carry your passport to that country on your behalf. Before choosing the latter option, however, it is essential to check with the Visa Office to find out whether they will accept passports submitted by a representative. If yes, you must provide authorization in writing to your representative to submit your passport on your behalf. You can complete and print the “Use of a Representative” form at this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/representative.asp. Please note that you may also be required to provide a mailing address in that country to which your passport can be returned after the visa is issued. We recommend that you check the Visa Office's website for complete information.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

MRJ.
Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

Websites/ Sites web: www.india.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
www.vfs-canada.co.in
www.goingtocanada.gc.ca

For all e-mail correspondence with our office, we request you to use the enquiries form at:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi
Always include the applicant's full name, date of birth, passport number and file number in your message
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NOW MY QUERY IS :

OR
PLEASE GIVE ME REPLY
THANKS
Congrats

pb55

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Dear Rag6..
NOW MY QUERY IS :

You can apply for tourist visa citing the urgency and Indian passport law that requires you to travel to London for stamping.

While you explore and plan/prepare for lodging a tourist visa application for london write the same email query to London and see what they advise. As london is your visa office it is important to know their version on your options and procedure. In this situation you will have an offical version from London office. Ask them for advice on how to proceed.
Although London or Delhi office will have more or less the same policy but keep in mind London is much more flexible and accessible. Unlike Delhi, London visa office allows in-person submission and collection of stamped passport. So do try and get an offical response to your problem from your London.

Accordingly depending the outcome of the first two options proceed.

Goodluck and please keep us updated.

greystorm

Dec 19, 2010
Hi,

I have just received PPR from London CHC. I am confused as to how I should submit my passport. Which way is quicker? Post or in person?

I live in London.

Please help

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
greystorm said:
Hi,

I have just received PPR from London CHC. I am confused as to how I should submit my passport. Which way is quicker? Post or in person?

I live in London.

Please help

Thanks
Obviously deposit it "in person"@Grosvenor House... obtain a receipt & collect it by 2 weeks thereon.

Qorax

pooja82

Oct 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
22-06-2012 (received 2nd July 2012)
Med's Done....
10-07-2012 (received by CHC London 16th July 2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Sometime in March, April :-)
finally some movement in CHC London
gud news

Ricky

Jan 5, 2011
Hello Rags, Congrats for you PPs Call letter from CHC London. I received Call letter on 16th Dec itself and I have applied for UK tourist Visa Along with my Wife.

Few Things to Keep in Mind

DO NOT TRY TO SEND YOUR PARCEL BY DHL OR ANY OTHER COURIER AS IT IS ILLEGAL TO SEND YOUR PASSPORT OUT OF COUNTRY BY POST, (You can authorise a person to carry passport but not any company as your passport will change lot of hands in the process so ministry of external affairs in India treats it illegal and they will withold your passport at customs)

If you think of applying UK Visa then get all the documents ready and clearly state the reason for visa.

1. evidence of funds for your visit to London (Bank statements, FD, Insyrance policies surrender values,)
If you in Job then letter for employer that you working and potential leave granted from employer.

If self employed then six months Company/Business Bank statement and registeration Number and letter of firm.
clearly stating reason for your travel to London on company letterhead.

Let me know if you get the visa. we might be help to each other as this will save us Money as we can authorise each other for visa submission.

sanjay0522

Star Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA - on H1
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
AOR Received.
1st on April 2010, 2nd AOR on 12-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
To Los Angeles from Buffalo on Dec 1st, 2011
Med's Request
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
If someone has applied from US and then moves back to India, what one should be doing once they call for interview or once one has to submit passport? Is getting tourist B1 visa for US is easy?

sanjay0522

Star Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA - on H1
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
AOR Received.
1st on April 2010, 2nd AOR on 12-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
To Los Angeles from Buffalo on Dec 1st, 2011
Med's Request
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
If someone has applied from US and then moves back to India, what one should be doing once they call for interview or once one has to submit passport? Is getting tourist B1 visa for US is easy? Has anyone ever been in this situation?
HAs anyone applied for PR from US while on H1 visa and then moved back to India. I got 2nd AOR but my H1 visa is expiring soon. So I cannot stay in US now, what if interview request comes, what are the things that I need to keep in mind for successful PR processing while I go back to india, any advise will be helpful, anybody, seniors, experts please share your thoughts.