+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

finally!! as Refugee in a Canadian Permanent resident

Ahmadali11

Jul 18, 2019
Hello everyone how are you. Anyone help me because i need some information am refugee in italy how to get refugee visa for canada..

Salman22

Jun 18, 2019
Hi,

I asked earlier but I didn’t get a respond. I just wanted to ask when did u get ur application number to link to your account when you applied for the PR?

Last edited:

BilalShaukat89

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
Passport Req..
Soon INSHAH ALLAH
Hi
I have a question
My wife got PR through by refugee process. She already applied for Canadian Citizenship. Once she get Canadian Passport. Can she go to her own country by using Canadian Passport?
Our case is refused so we were planning if she sponsor me to her own home country and we will live over there for some years and then she will apply again for our 2nd Sponsor Application.

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
okay guys i’m going to share my experience doing my application for Permanent Residence.

first I want to say that I’m so happy to be a Canadian Permanent Resident since Yesterday!! proud to be here!! thanks to this forum that I found a lot of help since the first moment that I applied as refugees!!

in March 30th 2017 I was accepted as refugee protect person . I received ny letter from the judge at the end of April . I summit my Permanent Residence application on May 5th 2017.

I linked the number of application to my profile on GCkey .

I know it that would take at least 2 years .

so on June 4th 2018 I received an update on my application and received the order to make the Medical Examinations, criminal record report .

all that have to be done within 30 days . so I had to Run and book a doctors appointment so I pick up a Doctors from the list in the website of inmigration.

in total de criminal record and background check it was less than 200$Cad. but be aware in the place that I took my fingers prints that took at least 4 weeks for RCMP to send me that Report , I was so nervous because my time t9 send all my documents it’s was limited to 30 days. son I send a letter explanation to Inmigration saying that I was waiting for my fingers printed.

finally my fingers prints was ready to pick up after July 5th so I send it something like July 10th 2018.

WAY TO GO!!!!

the medical examination , X ray and urinal test . it costs me almost 650$Cad . so I asked if I can used my Ontario Health Card and they say that the OHC doesn’t cover application for inmigration. plus the Gas going to Ottawa almost 100$cad

in October 10th 2018 I received an “Approval letter” and said something like Inmigration it will contact me to book an appointment to finished my application. I was so happy feeling closer!!

November 2th I received my email with the appointment to go to ottawa. so the appointment it was for November 10th 10:30am .

I was so happy the day before, I couldn’t sleep... just thinking what’s going on the following day!

so I arrived to the inmigration office at 10:10am and that office it was full of people! and I said “OMG” I’ll spend all day in here .

one of the guy ask at the reception for his appointment, If they forgot about them , because his appointment supposed to be a 8:30am ....

and I said to myself ok i’ll take easy!

I sat down and at 11:10am the officer called me ... so he asked something like 20 questions for security.

so he printed my confirmation as resident! so he give it to me to be signed, so I cry , I told him, you don’t know how long I’ve dreamed with this moment!

so he asked me for all my Canadian Documents government.

so I give it my work permit, my refuge claim , so he cut one side and he told me is not valid anymore because you’re a resident! ( it feel so good hearing that)

so I asked

“I was expecting fo you to give me back my documents that was seized at the border when I asked for refugee”

so he told me

“if you want your passport you’ll have to call inmigration and they’ll give you back”

I asked

“may I used my old passport to travel?”

he told me yes , but not to go to your own country.

he give me an explanation and he repeated like 20 times “you cannot go to your own country”

So I asked again

“ so is not any risk for my permanent residence if I used my passport instead of my Refugee travel document?

he told me not , you can use as long you don’t travel to your own country.

because my passport expired in 2020.

so Now I have doubts if should I asked to get my passport back , because so many countries I don’t need visa for expensive all europe, south america....

with my RTD I need visa even to fly to Vancouver ( joke ) .

finally I asked when I going to receive my PR card , he told me probably 3 months.

so maybe January I’ll get it by mail!

so guys congratulations to everyone who received their permanent residence and for the people who is in the process PATIENCE!!

this forum help l us a lot!

have good day!
WAY TO GO !!!

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
\
Hi
I have a question
My wife got PR through by refugee process. She already applied for Canadian Citizenship. Once she get Canadian Passport. Can she go to her own country by using Canadian Passport?
Our case is refused so we were planning if she sponsor me to her own home country and we will live over there for some years and then she will apply again for our 2nd Sponsor Application.

The country she was seeking refuge from due to persecution ? Like the country she applied refuge from ?? The country that she claimed asylum from due to persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.?Is that the country she is planning on returning to and living in ? Is that the country you are making reference to you in your question ?

BilalShaukat89

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
Passport Req..
Soon INSHAH ALLAH
\

The country she was seeking refuge from due to persecution ? Like the country she applied refuge from ?? The country that she claimed asylum from due to persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.?Is that the country she is planning on returning to and living in ? Is that the country you are making reference to you in your question ?
Yes you are right but she will used Mexican Passport not Canadian.

BilalShaukat89

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
Passport Req..
Soon INSHAH ALLAH
We lost our full hearing last month. We are planning if we live in Mexico and then my wife will submit our application again. Is it good??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We lost our full hearing last month. We are planning if we live in Mexico and then my wife will submit our application again. Is it good??
This situation is exactly why Canadians get frustrated. Your wife needed protection from Mexico yet is prepared to live in Mexico for at least a year within 5 years of asking for asylum. For appearance sakes I would strongly encourage you not to do this. It will definitely cause IRCC to doubt the validity of anything you say in your applications.