+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

finally!! as Refugee in a Canadian Permanent resident

Albertooo

May 17, 2018
the money to pay the application
the letter from the judge as you were accepted as refugees .

and fill the forms.

and after 2 years they’ll ask for:

check police ( Canadian ).
Medical tests
Photo passport

I think that’s all ..

remember if you were accepted as refugees, YOU WILL NEVER HAVE TO ASK FOR ANYTHING TO YOUR COUNTRY. you can be in trouble just going to the consulate of your country or embassy.

Archit

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-03-2014
Hi Guys,
I sent my PR application for more than a month ago and did not receive anything yet.
Should I receive letter o r email to confirm that they receive my application?

Albertooo

May 17, 2018
Hi Guys,
I sent my PR application for more than a month ago and did not receive anything yet.
Should I receive letter o r email to confirm that they receive my application?

for me was after 3 months I received a letter to confirm that they received my application.

Archit

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-03-2014
thanks Alberto for quick reply.
should I be able to link my application to our account now or after receive their letter only?

Archit

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-03-2014
It is good to chat with people in same boat.;)
Sorry did you send your application recently or long time back?

Albertooo

May 17, 2018
It is good to chat with people in same boat.;)
Sorry did you send your application recently or long time back?

yes bro we all pass through all this process, stress, panicking... you have to be patience because is a long process and expensive so if you’re working put some money a side ...

medical examination, police check all that things that you’ll have to pay.

I did my application 2 years ago...

now i’m permanent resident, next step in twos years will be my Canadian citizenships.

Reactions: Archit

Salman22

Jun 18, 2019
okay guys i’m going to share my experience doing my application for Permanent Residence.

first I want to say that I’m so happy to be a Canadian Permanent Resident since Yesterday!! proud to be here!! thanks to this forum that I found a lot of help since the first moment that I applied as refugees!!

in March 30th 2017 I was accepted as refugee protect person . I received ny letter from the judge at the end of April . I summit my Permanent Residence application on May 5th 2017.

I linked the number of application to my profile on GCkey .

I know it that would take at least 2 years .

so on June 4th 2018 I received an update on my application and received the order to make the Medical Examinations, criminal record report .

all that have to be done within 30 days . so I had to Run and book a doctors appointment so I pick up a Doctors from the list in the website of inmigration.

in total de criminal record and background check it was less than 200$Cad. but be aware in the place that I took my fingers prints that took at least 4 weeks for RCMP to send me that Report , I was so nervous because my time t9 send all my documents it’s was limited to 30 days. son I send a letter explanation to Inmigration saying that I was waiting for my fingers printed.

finally my fingers prints was ready to pick up after July 5th so I send it something like July 10th 2018.

the medical examination , X ray and urinal test . it costs me almost 650$Cad . so I asked if I can used my Ontario Health Card and they say that the OHC doesn’t cover application for inmigration. plus the Gas going to Ottawa almost 100$cad

in October 10th 2018 I received an “Approval letter” and said something like Inmigration it will contact me to book an appointment to finished my application. I was so happy feeling closer!!

November 2th I received my email with the appointment to go to ottawa. so the appointment it was for November 10th 10:30am .

I was so happy the day before, I couldn’t sleep... just thinking what’s going on the following day!

so I arrived to the inmigration office at 10:10am and that office it was full of people! and I said “OMG” I’ll spend all day in here .

one of the guy ask at the reception for his appointment, If they forgot about them , because his appointment supposed to be a 8:30am ....

and I said to myself ok i’ll take easy!

I sat down and at 11:10am the officer called me ... so he asked something like 20 questions for security.

so he printed my confirmation as resident! so he give it to me to be signed, so I cry , I told him, you don’t know how long I’ve dreamed with this moment!

so he asked me for all my Canadian Documents government.

so I give it my work permit, my refuge claim , so he cut one side and he told me is not valid anymore because you’re a resident! ( it feel so good hearing that)

so I asked

“I was expecting fo you to give me back my documents that was seized at the border when I asked for refugee”

so he told me

“if you want your passport you’ll have to call inmigration and they’ll give you back”

I asked

“may I used my old passport to travel?”

he told me yes , but not to go to your own country.

he give me an explanation and he repeated like 20 times “you cannot go to your own country”

So I asked again

“ so is not any risk for my permanent residence if I used my passport instead of my Refugee travel document?

he told me not , you can use as long you don’t travel to your own country.

because my passport expired in 2020.

so Now I have doubts if should I asked to get my passport back , because so many countries I don’t need visa for expensive all europe, south america....

with my RTD I need visa even to fly to Vancouver ( joke ) .

finally I asked when I going to receive my PR card , he told me probably 3 months.

so maybe January I’ll get it by mail!

so guys congratulations to everyone who received their permanent residence and for the people who is in the process PATIENCE!!

this forum help l us a lot!

have good day!

Al.
How long after you applied you got your application number?

Abbi2021

Jul 10, 2019
2 years and then apply for Canadian Citizens.
Dear Albertooo,
It was great experience hearing from you and your journey. I need your help. I want to know how you link your application with gckey account since I tried a lot but failed. No one to help me so far. Second thing when you received a call from immigration regarding you police certificate and medical from where you have done. And how long it takes?

Last question 650$ where you have spend. I have applied my PR and waiting help me please.