+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Final Stage Warning Letter

aleighton

Feb 13, 2018
Hey everyone,

My partner (New Zealand citizen) and I (Canadian) have been in the sponsorship process for just over a year now, our application was received on Feb 10th 2017. It's being processed through Sydney VO. Approval of sponsor was fine, medical was fine, a bit before Christmas my partner got an email about pre-landing services, but otherwise we've just had silence from them. Background check has been in progress since early August. We decided that since a year was up the other day to send an email directly to the VO asking (politely of course) what was taking so long, and the response they gave us was this:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
You were requested to provide additional information to continue the processing of your application.
The due date to provide this information to our office has passed and we have not received all the
information requested. We will be making a final decision on ( 14 March 2018) based on whatever
information we have on your file.

They have only ever requested three things, all of which we have sent immediately, the most recent being around October 20th, a somewhat cryptic letter asking whether my partner still planned to come to Canada and if so when, and we received a confirmation that the information has been added to our file.

My partner has also been checking the GCKey messages religiously, and nothing had changed there since August, until we sent the email, now it says that additional documents are required, which it didn't before.

Does anyone have any experience with this? We have sent an email back asking for clarification of what information is missing and the the opportunity to send it before the decision is made, but otherwise we don't really know how to proceed.

Thanks a ton.

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Hi there.
There have been cases where the visa offices send something (or not really) and the PA misses it (or they never sent requests for anything at all but they believe, or have on records, that they did). You should reply with an email saying that you haven't received that request for additional information, and that this must have been a mistake. They should then request the additional information again (if they ever did at all).
Another option is contacting your MP (member of parliament) to request information from the visa office on your behalf. I personally recommend this, since it looks like you could really use their help.

Reactions: faithey

aleighton

Feb 13, 2018
Thanks for the response. I do like the idea of contacting my MP, I'll see if Sydney VO responds with anything useful and if not definitely give that a try.

Reactions: faithey

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the response. I do like the idea of contacting my MP, I'll see if Sydney VO responds with anything useful and if not definitely give that a try.
Don't wait for a response from IRCC before contacting your MP.

jenniferfolks

Dec 23, 2021
Hello, if I'm on topic. The thing is, I received some kind of FDA-formatted warning letter. I had never heard of it before. What should I do? I didn't do anything wrong! I hope I can get some help(