+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Final Decision Status changed back to in process after approval - CONFIRMATION

Mikem86

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hi guys,

My application was approved on 06 Oct 2020 and I received my CoPR and an entry visa on my passport. However, my CoPR and visa expired on 02 Feb 2021 following the expiry of my medical exam. I was sent almost a month back a request letter to re-take medical exam, which I did and received the results yesterday. My new medical results are now updated in my account as "medical exam passed". However, after this the status of my application has been changed to 'submitted" instead of "approved". I am now dead worried. Even the biometrics number has been removed from my profile. It seems as though they are again processing my application from scratch after having been approved once! Any idea?

felixnote

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Hi guys,

My application was approved on 06 Oct 2020 and I received my CoPR and an entry visa on my passport. However, my CoPR and visa expired on 02 Feb 2021 following the expiry of my medical exam. I was sent almost a month back a request letter to re-take medical exam, which I did and received the results yesterday. My new medical results are now updated in my account as "medical exam passed". However, after this the status of my application has been changed to 'submitted" instead of "approved". I am now dead worried. Even the biometrics number has been removed from my profile. It seems as though they are again processing my application from scratch after having been approved once! Any idea?
Hi,

I had a similar issue though with the validity of my daughter's passport. Usually, they will have cancel the current approvals and re-approve; that means new travel document numbers as it was in my case. I'll advice you raise a webform to followup.

Reactions: Mikem86

Mikem86

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hi,

I had a similar issue though with the validity of my daughter's passport. Usually, they will have cancel the current approvals and re-approve; that means new travel document numbers as it was in my case. I'll advice you raise a webform to followup.
Thanks so much for you reply. I really do not mind being issued new documents (visa and CoPR). I also raised a webform yesterday, but no response yet. What concerns me the most is whether or not my application has to go through processing again or is the re-approval simply a matter of formality and updating the documents?

Last edited:

felixnote

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Thanks for much for you reply. I really do not mind being issued new documents (visa and CoPR). I also raised a webform yesterday, but no response yet. What concerns me the most is whether or not my application has to go through processing again or is the re-approval simply a matter of formality?
I don't see this as a problem. PPR signifies that your application has been finalized and approved. The current delays and issues being experienced was triggered by Covid as such, due considerations will be given.

Reactions: Vicky76 and Mikem86

Kartiknlife

Oct 20, 2021
I am super worried got my ppr on 13oct and sent passport for stamping to ircc delhi but on the same day at night I received another biometric validation letter in my gc key account and final decision changed from Appproved to In progress

Gka16

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
I am super worried got my ppr on 13oct and sent passport for stamping to ircc delhi but on the same day at night I received another biometric validation letter in my gc key account and final decision changed from Appproved to In progress
Hi any update on your application?

AnikSoni

Mar 24, 2022
Hi Guys,

This is regarding my visitor visa application moving back from Decision made to in progress.

I had applied for visitor visa application - VisaApp1, for which I received a passport request letter few days back and mentioning that a decision has been made. So I sent my passport to IRCC center Chandigarh. But today I have received my passport back without any visa stamping and a slip saying that Visa processing is in progress. I have not received any email from IRCC with any of this information either.

Crucial information - I had applied another application (Super Visa) - VisaApp2, unaware of the status of the older application VisaApp1

Has the two applications are conflicting in some way ? I was expecting the stamping to go through for my earlier submitted visa application VisaApp1.

Can you please guide me on what should be my next steps :-

What can be done to get the stamping done for my Visa App1 ?
Should I withdraw my (in progress) Super Visa application ?
Or keep the super visa application active and continue the steps required?