+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling Visa denial part for PR application

prapplicant1

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
Hello,

I have two visitor visa denails from UK. It was in 2012 and now trying to fill PR forms.

There is a question ‘Has ABC ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?’ and I said yes to this one and tried to explain the situation. ( ı do not remember every detail but shared the main reasons)

I do not have the refusal letters. Do they ask from me to upload these letters later?

And does it have any negative effect on my pr application.

Thanks

ab.1

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
BC
Hello,

I have two visitor visa denails from UK. It was in 2012 and now trying to fill PR forms.

There is a question ‘Has ABC ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?’ and I said yes to this one and tried to explain the situation. ( ı do not remember every detail but shared the main reasons)

I do not have the refusal letters. Do they ask from me to upload these letters later?

And does it have any negative effect on my pr application.

Thanks
It should not effect your pr depending on your circumstances from 2012 but don't hide any details ,if asked provide letters but they won't ask you ,they will find the reasons themselves . You will probably be asked to submit a schedule A form later if you said yes to this question . Don't sweat as refusal of visa is common unless you banned for a reason .
Good luck .

Goodygoody

Star Member
May 15, 2019
It should not effect your pr depending on your circumstances from 2012 but don't hide any details ,if asked provide letters but they won't ask you ,they will find the reasons themselves . You will probably be asked to submit a schedule A form later if you said yes to this question . Don't sweat as refusal of visa is common unless you banned for a reason .
Good luck .
I’m in the same boat, well my case is a bit complicated. All previous applications to Canada I put no and it’s just yesterday I was going through the application again and realize I’ve been answering this question wrong. When I was a minor I got refused twice. Now I have seen my error and I guess I have to be truthful now. Was wondering how would be previous applications affect this one since I was putting NO. They were all approved.

prapplicant1

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
Good luck .
Thanks for your answer. If they not ask the letters, ı can fill a form for this one as far as I remembered.

I try to be honest and clear.

prapplicant1

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
I’m in the same boat, well my case is a bit complicated. All previous applications to Canada I put no and it’s just yesterday I was going through the application again and realize I’ve been answering this question wrong. When I was a minor I got refused twice. Now I have seen my error and I guess I have to be truthful now. Was wondering how would be previous applications affect this one since I was putting NO. They were all approved.
So you said No for your previous PR applications or visa applications?

Goodygoody

Star Member
May 15, 2019
So you said No for your previous PR applications or visa applications?
I said no for the question “Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave any other country” I said No on all previous applications because I was misinterpreting the question.

prapplicant1

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
I said no for the question “Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave any other country” I said No on all previous applications because I was misinterpreting the question.
I see, maybe for visa application it might be different, but if this is not your first PR application, honestly I do not know the effect.

But when you select Yes, an explanation field pops up and you can explain your situation. Maybe you can share your misinterpreting

Goodygoody

Star Member
May 15, 2019
I see, maybe for visa application it might be different, but if this is not your first PR application, honestly I do not know the effect.

But when you select Yes, an explanation field pops up and you can explain your situation. Maybe you can share your misinterpreting
This is my first P.R. application. Honestly, sometimes those questions are so confusing. I will put the correct info and then if they send a letter needing more detailed explanation why I have 2 different answers for the same question I’ll give a detailed explanation

prapplicant1

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
This is my first P.R. application. Honestly, sometimes those questions are so confusing. I will put the correct info and then if they send a letter needing more detailed explanation why I have 2 different answers for the same question I’ll give a detailed explanation
So, in this case you said no for canadian visa or permit application.

I believe that is the only way to share a detailed explanation.

Good luck for all