+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling travel history after getting ITA

skbpuppies

Jul 21, 2018
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Hey everyone,

I have a quick question about travel logs.

I am a US citizen and I went to post-secondary in Canada and all but one trip to Mexico in the past ten years has been between Canada and the US. The wording on the form says the country of residence and country of origin do not need to be included.

Does it make sense to simply include all trips to Canada I had before I was a resident there and then include any trips that were on my passport and not include anything else?

I ask because I don't think it makes sense to call 2 years of living full time in Toronto and working as "Travel" when it absolutely wasn't travelling Canada but living here.

I want to be honest and give them as much as possible but the majority of my trips were to my country of origin and my country of residence. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

john4321

Oct 16, 2017
You don't need to mention it because Canada is your current country of residence.
Hi i did the same mistake.... should i be worried? I did only one trip t
Hat is country of orign to country of residence. So i selected no in the dropdown list..

syed32

Mar 6, 2018
Hello Everyone,

My country of origin is Pakistan and country of residence Canada.

I traveled to Pakistan last year via USA. Now my passport has USA entry and exit stamps.

I went to Pakistan from Jan 16 to Feb 16 (USA entry and exit stamps has same dates as well) but I did not even go out of the Airport.

What should I mention under travelling history, any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

zehrakh

Mar 28, 2018
Dear All,
I am having some complications in filling up my Travel History.
My country of origin is Pakistan and my country of residence is Saudi Arabia.

1) Do i have to mention all my travels from Saudi Arabia to Pakistan
1a) If YES then how to specify To & From dates for such case:

01-01-2018 Pakistan to KSA
01-06-2018 KSA to Dubai
01-10-2018 KSA to Pakistan
01-11-2018 KSA (on going)

1b) IF YES then how to specify my transit stay in which i got out of airport
01-01-2017 Pakistan to Qatar
01-01-2017 Stay in Qatar
02-01-2017 Qatar to KSA

1c) IF NO then please specify how can i mentioned my stay in Qatar as mentioned in 1b)

Nov 12, 2018
after ITA questions..

Do we need to add short trip details in travel history.. like honeymoon , family vacation and all ???

Also if my husbands sends me his salary every month to my account and I add it to pof .. would I need a Gift deed?

Thanks y

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Dear All,
I am having some complications in filling up my Travel History.
My country of origin is Pakistan and my country of residence is Saudi Arabia.

1) Do i have to mention all my travels from Saudi Arabia to Pakistan
1a) If YES then how to specify To & From dates for such case:

01-01-2018 Pakistan to KSA
01-06-2018 KSA to Dubai
01-10-2018 KSA to Pakistan
01-11-2018 KSA (on going)

1b) IF YES then how to specify my transit stay in which i got out of airport
01-01-2017 Pakistan to Qatar
01-01-2017 Stay in Qatar
02-01-2017 Qatar to KSA

1c) IF NO then please specify how can i mentioned my stay in Qatar as mentioned in 1b)
Same problem, my country of residence is Saudi Arabia and Country of origin is Pakistan. I've traveled back and forth and went to Bahrain for a few days. What should I include in travel history?

tabascoboy

Sep 20, 2018
Hi Seniors

Thank you all very much for answering questions. I know this point has been brought up multiple times but the thread contains different answers so it would be great if we could settle this once and for all:

Do we need to include the trips between country or origin and current country of residence? (personality i think it shouldn't be included based on the wording from CIC and the fact that including it will always leave one trip leg outstanding).

It would be great if you could share what you did for your apps and if it caused you any trouble. Thanks so much!

nazgul86

Jul 31, 2018
Hello,

Have a question about trips that dot not have a visa stamp. My situation: I'm a resident in US with Green Card, and often travelled to Canada by car in the past 2 years (like every other week). Since I'm a GC holder I do not get any visa stamp, would each of these trips also need to go in the travel history?

atelocin84

Feb 20, 2019
Hi! I have a question that's been eating me up for some time now... When my husband completed our travel info post ITA, he didn't mention my trips to the US and Brazil (both with stamps in my expired passport) because he misread and he thought we have to put only for the past 5 years. How bad do you think this is? Can we get rejected? Thank you

Eagle007

Nov 29, 2019
hi guys, i studied in australia andlater on i was on temporary residency , during my stay in australia i visited my country (india) 4 times , now i am residing in india for the past three years , so my question is in what should i add in travel history ? my trips to australia as a total or individual trips?

Mikem86

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have been living in Singapore and working in Malaysia for almost 11 months! Shall I include each and every one of my trips? It will be overwhelming as it was every single day for 11 months that I went to work in Malaysia and came back to Singapore on the same day. Also, there is no stamp in my passport because in both countries I possessed a residence card at the time.

Last edited:

mushthaq33

Jun 24, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding travel history. If we take one trip and if I have left my country for example on the 4th August and landed in the destination country on the 5th August, which date should I include in the "From" section of that trip? Should it be 4th August or 5th August? Similarly, I have the question for vice-versa as well for the same trip. That is if I have left the destination country for example on the 15th August and landed in my home country on the 16th August, which date should I include in the "To" section? 15th August or 16th August?

Appreciate anyone's help or advice.

TIA :)

Beef000

Jul 15, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have been living in Singapore and working in Malaysia for almost 11 months! Shall I include each and every one of my trips? It will be overwhelming as it was every single day for 11 months that I went to work in Malaysia and came back to Singapore on the same day. Also, there is no stamp in my passport because in both countries I possessed a residence card at the time.
Hi did you get your answer? What did you finally do? And did you need to provide police certificate in both countries?

hari2371990

Jul 29, 2017
Hi

I have one quick question

While filing up travel history, do we mention the case when we fits entered Canada for the first time.

If yes, do we need to check the box for on-going or not ?