+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling out Sponsor App

MountainMan256

Jul 31, 2016
On the IMM 5589, where it says "Class of Application", I am slightly confused. I am currently in Canada with my common law partner, but would like to apply outland as I heard that is slightly better. (I am a US Citizen). Looking through the options, to apply outland, would I tick the last one that says "I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under Family Class (not under the POuse or Common Law partner in Canada class).? Is family class living in Canada the correct one for applying outland with my spouse?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
On the IMM 5589, where it says "Class of Application", I am slightly confused. I am currently in Canada with my common law partner, but would like to apply outland as I heard that is slightly better. (I am a US Citizen). Looking through the options, to apply outland, would I tick the last one that says "I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under Family Class (not under the POuse or Common Law partner in Canada class).? Is family class living in Canada the correct one for applying outland with my spouse?
Yes, tick: "I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under Family Class"

Reactions: MountainMan256

MountainMan256

Jul 31, 2016
Yes, tick: "I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under Family Class"
Ah I see, thank you for your insight. One more quick question. On question 10 under personal info it asks start date of my current immigration status in canada and end date. I have been here and extended a few times. For the start, should I put the date I came here, or the day i got my visitors extension?