+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

filling out personal history question

asiv can

Jan 16, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum so pardon me if i ask silly questions.
I am applying under Canadian experience class express entry. I have few questions regarding personal history forms.
1)i studies in canada for two years, but every semester, i worked at different places and i also had co op done. do i need to enter each and every month detail or should i just write overall two years of study in the time frame of 10 years?

2) do i also have to write part time work done during and after education? I had one full time job and one part time job after i finished my education in canada.

3) i went for one month vacation while working in canada? Do i have to mention that in past 10 years history form?

4) since I am applying under canadian experience class, i believe i do not have to show proof of funds for me and my husband? is that true?

please help me through this questions and i will really appreciate it. thanks a bunch.

Reactions: Programmer_Sly

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asiv can said:
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum so pardon me if i ask silly questions.
I am applying under Canadian experience class express entry. I have few questions regarding personal history forms.
1)i studies in canada for two years, but every semester, i worked at different places and i also had co op done. do i need to enter each and every month detail or should i just write overall two years of study in the time frame of 10 years? just write overall studies (2 years)

2) do i also have to write part time work done during and after education? I had one full time job and one part time job after i finished my education in canada. yes

3) i went for one month vacation while working in canada? Do i have to mention that in past 10 years history form? yes

4) since I am applying under canadian experience class, i believe i do not have to show proof of funds for me and my husband? is that true? correct !

please help me through this questions and i will really appreciate it. thanks a bunch.

asiv can

Jan 16, 2017
thank you for the reply.

But your answer to first and second question contradicts.
If i Put overall study of two years, I don't have to show co op work or part time work during my studies. or I have to put all these.

Please guide accordingly.

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
asiv can said:
But your answer to first and second question contradicts.
If i Put overall study of two years, I don't have to show co op work or part time work during my studies. or I have to put all these.
The co-op placements were part of your study, you do not need to list those separately. But if you had a paid part-time job while studying, yes, you should list that.

It is OK to have overlapping dates, just do not leave any gaps in your history.

asiv can

Jan 16, 2017
so i believe co op work and part time work during study doesnt count? is it same for my spouse as well? he also has studied in canada and work experience in canada.

thanks

asiv can

Jan 16, 2017
also, once i submit initial questionnaire, system takes us to upload document section. Can we go back to question list and change information?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
asiv can said:
so i believe co op work and part time work during study doesnt count? is it same for my spouse as well? he also has studied in canada and work experience in canada.
Correct, no work experience gained while on a study permit will count (for both principal applicant and spouse). But it still has to be listed on the Personal History.

Jan 17, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I just got my ITA. I need some help regarding address history and personal history:
1. During my studies I stayed at a hostel for only 3 months but now I can't remember its name or house no. I have tried google maps but it doesn't show building name or no. there as well. In such a case what should I mention my address as. Right now I have written the best address I could by stating the nearest building and behind which building it is. Will this work???
2. During my studies for summer holidays I always visited my home for 1-1.5 months every summer and for roughly 15 days in winter. Do I also need to mention that in my personal history or I should just mention 4 years of study??
3. Finally, The there are times like after I finished my studies and before I got a job where I was just searching for a job living with friends for 20-25 days during that time what should I enter as my Address and in my Personal history for that time??

Thanks, Please reply at the earliest.

OMI11

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I just got my ITA. I need some help regarding address history and personal history:
1. During my studies I stayed at a hostel for only 3 months but now I can't remember its name or house no. I have tried google maps but it doesn't show building name or no. there as well. In such a case what should I mention my address as. Right now I have written the best address I could by stating the nearest building and behind which building it is. Will this work???
2. During my studies for summer holidays I always visited my home for 1-1.5 months every summer and for roughly 15 days in winter. Do I also need to mention that in my personal history or I should just mention 4 years of study??
3. Finally, The there are times like after I finished my studies and before I got a job where I was just searching for a job living with friends for 20-25 days during that time what should I enter as my Address and in my Personal history for that time??

Thanks, Please reply at the earliest.
Have you got and reply? I am in same situation

Fodrigo

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Do we need to tell about our work during studies or not? OMG_Chakromakro says we don't and jes_ON says we do and I see this divergence all the time on the internet. Is it ok to overlap dates then? Or is it better to just fill like studies the time we were studying under a student visa, including coop?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: lotpp2018

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
Do we need to tell about our work during studies or not? OMG_Chakromakro says we don't and jes_ON says we do and I see this divergence all the time on the internet. Is it ok to overlap dates then? Or is it better to just fill like studies the time we were studying under a student visa, including coop?

Thanks in advance
What did you do? I’m in the same situation.

Karangaba

Sep 17, 2019
Do we have to include paid coop in personal details or just need to mention 2 years of study as educational activity only?