+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

filling out open work permit

bundori

Star Member
Aug 24, 2007
Hello, After 49 questions i am finally in the end process of filling out all the paperwork and ready to send out in a few days.

I will be submitting my OWP form as well. I have a couple of questions though.

For #9, is it ok to answer
I AM A VISITOR DOING IN-CANADA SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE.

For #10, is it ok to answer
I WANT TO APPLY FOR OPEN WORK PERMIT. I AM BEING SPONSORED BY MY WIFE DOING THE IN-CANADA SPOUSAL SPONOSORSHIP FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE. PLEASE PROCESS MY OPEN WORK PERMIT APPLICATION WHEN PERMANENT RESIDENCE APPLICATION REACHES FIRST STAGE OF APPROVAL.

For #11, is it ok to put down the funds that is readily available. meaning ($ in canada and in US Dollars readily for use)

DO YOU NEED TO SUPPLY PROOF OF FUNDS? I'VE SEEN YES AND I'VE SEEN NO. pLEASE HELP.

tHANK YOU.

dallasgal8050

Star Member
Dec 5, 2007
I did not see that application on the cic website, am i missing something? do I need to fill that out also,
I'm being sponsored by my husband, and I want an open work permit also. Where did you find that form?

DG

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Hi Dallasgal

The form you need is IMM 1249 - Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay, or Remain in Canada found here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

Tick box "C" at the top, the fee is $150 for an Open Work Permit and as bundori noted, you should indicate that you only want it processed when your PR application reaches AIP. You do need to show proof of funds to support yourself and this can include assistance from your partner, not just funds you may have.

Hope this helps
Gdaymate

bundori

Star Member
Aug 24, 2007
I think just bank statements should be fine right?

i have 1/3 of the funds in canada arleady

and 2/3 with proof in usa fund, is that ok to just put the total and give them copies of the statement?

Thanks

dallasgal8050

Star Member
Dec 5, 2007
As I read this, it is for an extended stay IN CANADA application. As I noted I'm applying from OUTSIDE CANADA. Do I still need to fill out this paperwork? I do want to be able to work once my application for PR is accepted and issued from OUTSIDE CANADA.

DG