+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling out entire app

resilientflora

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Hi all,

In the video I watched about how to fill out your application for a study permit, the person said to make sure and fill out every box. If it doesn't apply, write in "N/A," however, since this is an online application, any time I type N/A into a box it gives me an error message.

Is it true that I need to fill out every box (and type N/A on those items not applicable to me) for the online app?

Also, I read I need to fill out a family information doc as well, but it doesn't show up on the online application. I'm guessing I only need to submit the items that appear on my account but just want to make sure I'm not supposed to attach it to my LOE or something...

Thanks!

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi all,

In the video I watched about how to fill out your application for a study permit, the person said to make sure and fill out every box. If it doesn't apply, write in "N/A," however, since this is an online application, any time I type N/A into a box it gives me an error message.

Is it true that I need to fill out every box (and type N/A on those items not applicable to me) for the online app?

Also, I read I need to fill out a family information doc as well, but it doesn't show up on the online application. I'm guessing I only need to submit the items that appear on my account but just want to make sure I'm not supposed to attach it to my LOE or something...

Thanks!
Just went through my own application, on the online application there is no need to type N/A in any box, obviously you have to fill all the information that is marked with the red "*" . Remember to click on validate after typing everything.

Download and fill all the forms that are required. You should have 2 forms to fill and others would be documents to upload. LOE is technically not mandatory but it is highly recommended that you submit one. It does not have to be a formal letter. My LOE was just any clarifications I wanted to point out about my application and what my study plan was.

Reactions: resilientflora

resilientflora

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Just went through my own application, on the online application there is no need to type N/A in any box, obviously you have to fill all the information that is marked with the red "*" . Remember to click on validate after typing everything.

Download and fill all the forms that are required. You should have 2 forms to fill and others would be documents to upload. LOE is technically not mandatory but it is highly recommended that you submit one. It does not have to be a formal letter. My LOE was just any clarifications I wanted to point out about my application and what my study plan was.
Thanks so much, your answer is super clear and exactly what I needed. It appears I only have one form to fill (the imm1294 application) and docs to upload (passport, acceptance letter, financial docs, and digital photo) plus "optional" docs (like the LOE - I've written it a bit formally but with headings. Mine is more narrative with 3 paragraphs about who I am and how I was led to the Canadian university...is that too much you think?)

What other doc might you be referencing when you say 2 forms to fill? Also, if you did yours online, what photo did you use? I'm having trouble figuring out what might work best there...

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Thanks so much, your answer is super clear and exactly what I needed. It appears I only have one form to fill (the imm1294 application) and docs to upload (passport, acceptance letter, financial docs, and digital photo) plus "optional" docs (like the LOE - I've written it a bit formally but with headings. Mine is more narrative with 3 paragraphs about who I am and how I was led to the Canadian university...is that too much you think?)

What other doc might you be referencing when you say 2 forms to fill? Also, if you did yours online, what photo did you use? I'm having trouble figuring out what might work best there...
I had an addition imm5645e, if they aren't asking you to fill it then there is no problems there. For the photo I had a photo taken and used the digital copy they gave me. IRCC had given a paper to hand out to the photographer but they did not use that, there is a standard size that they have for Canadian visa photo.

From looking at this page(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/temporary-resident-visa-application-photograph-specifications.html), if you are comfortable taking the photo yourself, you have all the guidelines to ensure it fits their description.

Reactions: resilientflora

resilientflora

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
I had an addition imm5645e, if they aren't asking you to fill it then there is no problems there. For the photo I had a photo taken and used the digital copy they gave me. IRCC had given a paper to hand out to the photographer but they did not use that, there is a standard size that they have for Canadian visa photo.

From looking at this page(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/temporary-resident-visa-application-photograph-specifications.html), if you are comfortable taking the photo yourself, you have all the guidelines to ensure it fits their description.
Thank you, you are awesome! Appreciate it much. Yes, I think I will use https://makepassportphoto.com/en/p/editphoto and an iphone to get the right photos.