+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling Forms for Children Visit Visa

rafidka

Feb 11, 2017
I am trying to use the relatively new online visa application (MyCIC) to apply for a family of a 34-yearl old mother, 37-yearl old father, and 8-, 5-, and few months-old children.

When I progressed with the application, it asks me to fill the following forms for each child:

IMM5257B_1
IMM5257E

However, in the IMM5257B_1 form, it clearly states:

"...and all dependent children aged 18 years or older listed in the application for temporary residence must complete their own copy of this form."

How does that make sense? In one hand, it is mandatory to upload this form. On the other hand, it says the children must be 18 years or older, but they are not, and I have specified their ages.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Danish421

Sep 6, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2004
LANDED..........
04-09-2004
rafidka said:
I am trying to use the relatively new online visa application (MyCIC) to apply for a family of a 34-yearl old mother, 37-yearl old father, and 8-, 5-, and few months-old children.

When I progressed with the application, it asks me to fill the following forms for each child:

IMM5257B_1
IMM5257E

However, in the IMM5257B_1 form, it clearly states:

"...and all dependent children aged 18 years or older listed in the application for temporary residence must complete their own copy of this form."

How does that make sense? In one hand, it is mandatory to upload this form. On the other hand, it says the children must be 18 years or older, but they are not, and I have specified their ages.

Any help is highly appreciated.
Parents can complete children's application on behalf of them.

rafidka

Feb 11, 2017
Thanks Danish421 for the reply. So you mean those forms still have to be filled, but by their parents/guardians?