+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipinos and POLO The good,The bad and The in between about Julve and Company

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cesang_21 said:
HI BCguy,

I send a Personal Message. Please read and I need your response.

Thank you so much
I doubt that you will get an answer, he hasn't posted here in over a year.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

I doubt that you will get an answer, he hasn't posted here in over a year.
Yup, where is BCguy? Anyway, I checked and he was last here on July 27. Hopefully he responds to PMs even if he does not post anymore.

confused AB

May 11, 2010
BCguy said:
POLO is the shortcut for the Philippine Overseas labour offices in Toronto and Vancouver,The new laws require all jobs to be authenticated by POLO before a Filipino contract worker can depart the Philippines to leave for Canada.This has led to lots of red tape,But at the same time has reduced the number of Filipinos victimized by fake job offers.Filipinos on the other hand have lost jobs because of the red tape which turns off Canadian Employers.So hopefully If Filipinos have concerns about POLO,It can covered here.

Is POEA still implementing this? even if you are DIRECT HIRING?

hindiakopinay

May 1, 2011
Hello there,

Hope my post finds you well,

I am a Filipino currently working in Jordan (Middle East) as a driver for a very rich family.
As part of my job, I also do garden work, supervise and follow up with the maintainance of the mansion.
I am passionate about finding work in Canada. I look forward for working in either Toronto or Vancouver. Which city is more welcoming and which city is less strict in terms of procedures? How can I find an employer and what are the application procedures?

Thank you very much,
your help is appreciated :)

carl2011

May 3, 2011
eshay said:
i just want to share my bad experience in POLO where all my dreams got lost because of it. I have already my visa and letter of approval and attended all the seminars required here in the Philippines, but because of POLO requirements which is asking of too many papers from my employer makes worst. My employer backed out her job offer to me, reason of too long period of waiting and another additional papers asking again and again, they looked for another one who is already there to replaced me. After almost 2 years of waiting... it ends of nothing. :-[
what happen then? were you not able to talk to your employer?

carl2011

May 3, 2011
hello , I just want to know if there 's other way to exit philippines without having its employment be verified? not that easy to convince employer to meet the POLO requirements.please help...

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
work outside philippines

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
dont process your paper in philippines...work first in hongkong. taiwan..middle east..wherever...its easier and faster. and NO POLO

carl2011

May 3, 2011
wsongco said:
dont process your paper in philippines...work first in hongkong. taiwan..middle east..wherever...its easier and faster. and NO POLO
hello... I already got my working visa..my canadian employer dont agree with Philippines provision. she wants me to find other option to exit pinas.

girlie12

Nov 15, 2012
BCguy said:
POLO is the shortcut for the Philippine Overseas labour offices in Toronto and Vancouver,The new laws require all jobs to be authenticated by POLO before a Filipino contract worker can depart the Philippines to leave for Canada.This has led to lots of red tape,But at the same time has reduced the number of Filipinos victimized by fake job offers.Filipinos on the other hand have lost jobs because of the red tape which turns off Canadian Employers.So hopefully If Filipinos have concerns about POLO,It can covered here.
Hi BCguy, i have PM for you, i hope you read it asap,. regarding my POLO processing. thank you. Godbless.

girlie12

Nov 15, 2012
BCguy said:
Hi BCguy, i have PM for you, i hope you read it asap.. thank you.. Godbless.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

girlie12 said:
Hi BCguy, i have PM for you, i hope you read it asap,. regarding my POLO processing. thank you. Godbless.
You might have a long wait. He hasn't posted on this forum since Sept/2011.