+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINO NURSES applying for CRNM registration (English and Tagalog)

mitz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how long usually is the process before mo makuha eligility, I will be taking my ielts next month pa kse since acad. pala ang kailangan. Ano po mga review materials that will be helpful for passing the assessment? Tnx. :) :) :)

Jensen

Sep 22, 2011
Hello everyone :)

* STAFF NURSE (Philippines) - 3 years and 9 months
* SENIOR CARER (UK-student visa) - 1 year and 3 months (present job)
* IELTS result last month (August 2011) - I think I meet the new required scores to apply in CRNM

Does anyone know how long will it take to get the decision or assessment result?
Do you think I still need to do the CCA or the bridging program?

I really wanted to apply in CRNM since most of my relatives are in Winnipeg. Any information regarding this would be a great help.
Thanks

yop

Nov 23, 2011
I was reading the posts here,

PLEASE HELP

I'm a registered nurse from philippines and I'm struggling on how to apply for CRNE even if I'm staying here in phil. I don't know where to start, what to do and all the requirements needed. I'm planning to take the june 2012 examination. PLEASE can someone tell me their personal experience on how they applied for this or anyone who really knows or know someone that processed this as well. THANKYOU. I'm looking forward for replies, really need this. THANKYOU!

I'm also confused din po kung ano yun CRNM, CNO etc, do i have to take those as well pag kumuha nang CRNE. Wala po kasi talaga ako mapagtanungan, kaya I really need help po. Please :( your replies are much appreciated..

mitz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello to everyone bound for manitoba, and to those who already landed pls. share your experiences...

bambi

May 10, 2011
Kulilit said:
Hi,

I'm a RN from the philippines with 4 years in Physical Therapy and has more than 2 years of hospital experience in the philippines and in the Middle-East. I arrived last April 1st and still waiting for my IQAS assessment.

CRNM just recently changed their IELTs acceptance Band score (July 1, 2011). so to those who are applying for Registration you might want to take a look at this website to see if you meet their IELTS band score. They only accept Academic IELTS. TOEFL and MELAB are no longer accepted in Manitoba as of July 1, 2011. here is the site http://cms.tng-secure.com/file_download.php?fFile_id=186.

International English Language
Testing System (IELTS)
Academic Version only

Writing: No less than 7.0
Speaking: No less than 7.0
Listening: No less than 7.5
Reading: No less than 6.5
Overall Band Score: No less
than 7.0
(The above scores take the
Standard Error of Measurement
into consideration)

Anybody who is applying through CRNM please share your experiences so we can connect and know what others did.

Regards,
KULILIT

hi...
what do you think do they mean with standard error of measurement?
do they mean na kung 7 lang listening mo.., pwede na?
thanks...
please reply...

mananabas12

May 23, 2012
Princesspatiu said:
Hi:

I will take my cca on sept 10.
I promise to share my experience here para sa benefit ng mga magtatake.
Wish me luck.
Please do share your experience. I was told to also take the CCA this November. Good Luck to us.

cagnocot

Dec 3, 2012
hello there everyone...
i am currently residing in leyte, philippines....and i'm now planning to exercise my job abroad, preferrably in manitoba.... i already done surfing the internet to know and acquaint myself with the bodies of nursing there in manitoba.....and i came across CRNE.MANITOBA. i was wondering if i can process my papers here in the philippines to qualify for the exam... if yes, how? (i dont know where in the section of the crnm webpage could i find it)

i acknowledge my ignorance.. ;D. coz i'm very new about considering myself working in canada..

so please help me, anyone... ???

cagnocot

Dec 3, 2012
i'm a registered nurse (by the way)...

any advice or preview about the life of newly immigrant filipino nurse there in manitoba?

dcim_bv

Dec 7, 2012
cagnocot said:
hello there everyone...
i am currently residing in leyte, philippines....and i'm now planning to exercise my job abroad, preferrably in manitoba.... i already done surfing the internet to know and acquaint myself with the bodies of nursing there in manitoba.....and i came across CRNE.MANITOBA. i was wondering if i can process my papers here in the philippines to qualify for the exam... if yes, how? (i dont know where in the section of the crnm webpage could i find it)

i acknowledge my ignorance.. ;D. coz i'm very new about considering myself working in canada..

so please help me, anyone... ???
Hi! You can check the website of the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba for more information, under the internationally educated nurse category. Right now, I think CRNM needs a proof of your immigration status in Canada before you can start your credentials assessment. Before (2009) you can have your credentials assessed before you arrive here in Manitoba but their rules changed. Unless you have a work permit, permanent resident visa etc, they can't process your application yet.

cagnocot

Dec 3, 2012
thank you dcim_bv for replying... :D i was really unaware of it until you told me through your post....
have you heard about Allied Employment Agency? they offered free assistance to foreign nurses in getting a visa under foreign worker contract category.. services, as advertised in their website, are completely free of charge. I dont know if its not scam though....

from where are you by the way? can i add you on fb?

khaldi

Oct 29, 2012
Mississauga, December 10, 2012 — To address Canada's growing demand for skilled tradespersons, a new Federal Skilled Trades Program is being launched on January 2, 2013, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

“The new Skilled Trades Stream will help address serious labour shortages in some regions of the country, and support economic growth,” Minister Kenney said. “For too long, Canada's immigration system has not been open to these in-demand skilled workers. These changes are long overdue and will help us move to a fast and flexible immigration system that works for Canada's economy.”

The program criteria are built around four requirements that ensure applicants will have the right skills and experience needed to succeed here in Canada. In order to qualify, applicants will need to:

have an offer of employment in Canada or a certificate of qualification from a province or territory to ensure that applicants are “job ready” upon arrival;
meet a basic language requirement;
have a minimum of two years of work experience as a skilled tradesperson, to ensure that the applicant has recent and relevant practice as a qualified journeyman; and
have the skills and experience that match those set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC B) system, showing that they have performed the essential duties of the occupation.
In order to manage intake, avoid backlogs and ensure fast processing times, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will accept up to a maximum of 3,000 applications in the first year of the Federal Skilled Trades Program.

Minister Kenney was joined at today's announcement by Michael Atkinson, President of the Canadian Construction Association. “The introduction of a dedicated and streamlined program for skilled trades addresses many of the shortcomings from the current Federal Skilled Worker Program,” said Michael Atkinson. “The new program ensures greater consideration is given to the needs of industry when processing eligible immigration applications.”

“Ensuring Canada's immigration system works for small employers in need of skilled trades' people has been a concern for some time,” said Dan Kelly, President and CEO of the Canadian Federation of Independent Business. “With the shortage of qualified labour in many parts of Canada growing once again, the launch of the Skilled Trades immigration stream is very welcome news.”

Eligible occupations will include electricians, welders, heavy-duty equipment mechanics, and pipefitters, among others. CIC is currently working with the provinces, territories and federal government partners on the list of skilled trades' occupations that are experiencing acute labour shortages and which will qualify under the program. This list will be announced prior to the program opening on January 2, 2013.

The Federal Skilled Trades Program will complement other avenues already in place for skilled tradespersons to immigrate to Canada, such as the Canadian Experience Class and Provincial Nominee Programs.

“As promised in Economic Action Plan 2012, we are creating a new immigration stream to facilitate entry of skilled tradespersons,” added Minister Kenney. “The Federal Skilled Trades Program will help transform Canada's immigration system into a fast and flexible system focused on jobs, growth and long-term prosperity.”

dcim_bv

Dec 7, 2012
cagnocot said:
thank you dcim_bv for replying... :D i was really unaware of it until you told me through your post....
have you heard about Allied Employment Agency? they offered free assistance to foreign nurses in getting a visa under foreign worker contract category.. services, as advertised in their website, are completely free of charge. I dont know if its not scam though....

from where are you by the way? can i add you on fb?
I haven't heard about Allied Employmeny Agency. I am an IEN from the Philippines and now here in Manitoba. If you're planning in applying here as nurse I would say the demand is high. Right now, I am waiting for the results of my credentials assessment ;)

What's your e-mail add? Yes let's connect through fb. I may be able to give some non-expert insight with IEN registration here ;D

dcim_bv

Dec 7, 2012
khaldi said:
Mississauga, December 10, 2012 — To address Canada's growing demand for skilled tradespersons, a new Federal Skilled Trades Program is being launched on January 2, 2013, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

“The new Skilled Trades Stream will help address serious labour shortages in some regions of the country, and support economic growth,” Minister Kenney said. “For too long, Canada's immigration system has not been open to these in-demand skilled workers. These changes are long overdue and will help us move to a fast and flexible immigration system that works for Canada's economy.”

The program criteria are built around four requirements that ensure applicants will have the right skills and experience needed to succeed here in Canada. In order to qualify, applicants will need to:

have an offer of employment in Canada or a certificate of qualification from a province or territory to ensure that applicants are “job ready” upon arrival;
meet a basic language requirement;
have a minimum of two years of work experience as a skilled tradesperson, to ensure that the applicant has recent and relevant practice as a qualified journeyman; and
have the skills and experience that match those set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC B) system, showing that they have performed the essential duties of the occupation.
In order to manage intake, avoid backlogs and ensure fast processing times, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will accept up to a maximum of 3,000 applications in the first year of the Federal Skilled Trades Program.

Minister Kenney was joined at today's announcement by Michael Atkinson, President of the Canadian Construction Association. “The introduction of a dedicated and streamlined program for skilled trades addresses many of the shortcomings from the current Federal Skilled Worker Program,” said Michael Atkinson. “The new program ensures greater consideration is given to the needs of industry when processing eligible immigration applications.”

“Ensuring Canada's immigration system works for small employers in need of skilled trades' people has been a concern for some time,” said Dan Kelly, President and CEO of the Canadian Federation of Independent Business. “With the shortage of qualified labour in many parts of Canada growing once again, the launch of the Skilled Trades immigration stream is very welcome news.”

Eligible occupations will include electricians, welders, heavy-duty equipment mechanics, and pipefitters, among others. CIC is currently working with the provinces, territories and federal government partners on the list of skilled trades' occupations that are experiencing acute labour shortages and which will qualify under the program. This list will be announced prior to the program opening on January 2, 2013.

The Federal Skilled Trades Program will complement other avenues already in place for skilled tradespersons to immigrate to Canada, such as the Canadian Experience Class and Provincial Nominee Programs.

“As promised in Economic Action Plan 2012, we are creating a new immigration stream to facilitate entry of skilled tradespersons,” added Minister Kenney. “The Federal Skilled Trades Program will help transform Canada's immigration system into a fast and flexible system focused on jobs, growth and long-term prosperity.”
Good news! :D

cagnocot3

Dec 14, 2012
hello dcim_bv,

just email me on this address: emman_sans@yahoo.com.... posting my fb account would take away my privacy.
hope we'll be friends and share our thoughts about taking our steps to canadian nursing arena...hehe ;D :D ;D :D ;D