30-01-2015
File Transfer...
13-02-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
01-09-2014
Passport Req..
26-03-2015
Hello guys!

Sana matulungan niyo ko, di ko na alam kung ano gagawin ko sa nursing career ko. Medyo long read to so please bare with me.

2012 nag apply ako sa CNO under RN and was undergone a SEC Assessment. Then when the result came in, sinabi nila sakin na I should meet all the unmet competencies by going back to school. I tried York and wasn't able to get in to their BScN program so I asked other colleges around Ontario if they also have the same program as York does. Unfortunately pang RPN lang pala yung sa iba and the other universities were like 3-4 years, back to zero talaga. Nung nalaman ko na pwede palang magapply din sa RPN sa CNO at the same time na meron na kong file under RN, nagpa assess ako. PRoblema nnaman ng malaman ko na within 3 years lang pala yung inaaccept nilang practice, I graduated April 2010 and the assessment came back in September 2013!! 5 months lang yung gap di pa ko nakahabol!! Ngayon binigyan ako ng letter stating that I should get 400 clinical hours and take additional courses, so I guess that's bridging program. I was scheduled to take CRPNE as well but I just withdraw my application for the exam kasi naisip ko na I will have to take the bridging program anyway based on what was in the letter. I talked to some of the Colleges offering the course but it will take me two years to finish it so I didn't pursue it anymore. I forgot to mention that I am here in Manitoba and moving in Ontario to get those courses is a big step to take plus I got busy working.
Now, I am back to my goal of becoming a nurse here in Canada and I've learned that CNO will accept proof of language proficiency and could waive IELTS.

Here are my questions:
1. Does anybody here went through the same dilemma as me on SEC assessment for RN and applied to a recognized RN Program of CNO?
2. Does anybody here went through the same thing as me for RPN application asking to take bridging program and can take the CRPNE at the same time? How did it go?
3. Re evidence of language proficiency, how does it work? I am working as a HCA in a nursing home for the past four years. Should I get my manager to write a letter to CNO?

Please advise. Thanks in advance!! :D

sarrie143

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Nomination.....
09-10-2014
Med's Request
November 21, 2014
Med's Done....
December 8, 2014
Interview........
waived?
Passport Req..
January 6, 2015
ganun po ba talaga kahirap maging nurse sa canada? :(

tinsandiego

Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 6, 2014
IELTS Request
PER Oct2, 2014
hi im new here! I applied for CNO RN registration last year. Initially, they asked me to take OSCE, but then they changed their policies and sent me another email stating that i must take bridging program. My situation right now, I am practicing outside canada 6 years RN A&E experience in Ph and Sg with ongoing FSW application. My question is,

1. aside from BsCN york university program, is there any other universities that offers bridging course that will allow me to grain entry to practice as an RN?

2. i passed my NCLEX California board in 2009, but I don't have any license since i don't have social security number. I don't know how to go about it, how to wave the licensure exam?

3. I there a quota for york university each year? i heard that some were unable to make it to register.

4. Which is the better pathway RPN or RN (i am trying to save time and resources, but i have no issue with studying for 2 years if that would be faster in becoming an RN)

Thank you so much.

Hope you could help me.

iamannegee

Sep 24, 2013
I have given up the assessment for my Nursing in Canada. Since the NNAS has been established, I would say it's a total crap. These assessments that they're making the IENs do are money-generating and very discriminating. It also takes time and by the time you receive your assessment, so much time has passed. The NNAS assessment is only for nurses with recent nursing practice, otherwise if you have been stagnant in the profession for awhile, it's not worth it to get this assessment. Also, it's not cheap.

I'm planning to just go back to school and have a Canadian education. The amount of time in waiting the assessment and going back to school is the same, so I'd rather do this step.

Aug 23, 2015
Filipino Nurses who want to be RNs in Canada (NNAS, IENs and spousal issues)

I am a Filipino Nurse and wanted to become an RN in Canada. I have read a lot of posts from this site regarding how hard and hassle the process if you are an internationally educated nurse. In most posts, an internationally educated nurse needs to apply first in NNAS. NNAS has several requirements and very expensive. Included in the requirements is that applicants need to pass the IELTS exam because their primary language is not English. I got discouraged because some applicants waited for about 2 years for the approval from the board of nursing in the province where they planned to work. I also found out that if your previous education is not comparable to the standard of education in Canada, applicants need to study again for some nursing courses or apply for a bridging program. There is also an assessment for skills just like a simulation of nursing procedures. After that, you also have to apply for CRNE. This for me is a long process and too way more expensive. And so I am already confused on what to do after knowing all these issues. I need you guys to help me decide. I really need to pursue my nursing career in Canada but I need a wise decision. Please help me by answering the following questions:

1. If I decide not to apply for NNAS and study nursing again in Canada. Is it a wiser one to do?How many years to finish nursing in Canada? Will they credit some of the courses you had taken back in the other country?

* I am sorry but I need to clarify this because I have read some old posts that it is more wiser to go to a nursing school in Canada and earn a degree so that you will no longer apply in NNAS. Some say, it is as expensive as the process in NNAS because when you are an internationally educated nurse processing of documents from your country, taking IELTS, CRNE, etc., cost you a fortune plus it takes long to process. What are your suggestions?

2. I'm planning to work as a nurse in Manitoba. Does anyone here also experienced this kind of struggle as mine? May I know your experience and maybe your advice for us who are in dilemma at this point in time?

tinsandiego

Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 6, 2014
IELTS Request
PER Oct2, 2014
Hello! I'm scheduled to take RN OSCE on Feb 28, 2016. I know only a few people were able to succeed in the exam. Many says chances are very slim with 1-5% passing rate.

1. Has anybody tried OSCE prep course by Nurses Education Inc? 7 day prep course is really expensive and i want to know if it's worth it.
2. Any highly recommended review centers that you know?
3. Was HFO prep course enough?
4. What youtube channel did u used for review?
5. What are the useful resources that i can use for review (besides practice guidelines by cno)? web links, books?

Any information will be very much appreciated. Thank you so much in advance! God bless everyone!

summitseries

Nov 10, 2015
Re: Filipino Nurses who want to be RNs in Canada (NNAS, IENs and spousal issues)

AquariusGemini said:
I am a Filipino Nurse and wanted to become an RN in Canada. I have read a lot of posts from this site regarding how hard and hassle the process if you are an internationally educated nurse. In most posts, an internationally educated nurse needs to apply first in NNAS. NNAS has several requirements and very expensive. Included in the requirements is that applicants need to pass the IELTS exam because their primary language is not English. I got discouraged because some applicants waited for about 2 years for the approval from the board of nursing in the province where they planned to work. I also found out that if your previous education is not comparable to the standard of education in Canada, applicants need to study again for some nursing courses or apply for a bridging program. There is also an assessment for skills just like a simulation of nursing procedures. After that, you also have to apply for CRNE. This for me is a long process and too way more expensive. And so I am already confused on what to do after knowing all these issues. I need you guys to help me decide. I really need to pursue my nursing career in Canada but I need a wise decision. Please help me by answering the following questions:

1. If I decide not to apply for NNAS and study nursing again in Canada. Is it a wiser one to do?How many years to finish nursing in Canada? Will they credit some of the courses you had taken back in the other country?

* I am sorry but I need to clarify this because I have read some old posts that it is more wiser to go to a nursing school in Canada and earn a degree so that you will no longer apply in NNAS. Some say, it is as expensive as the process in NNAS because when you are an internationally educated nurse processing of documents from your country, taking IELTS, CRNE, etc., cost you a fortune plus it takes long to process. What are your suggestions?

2. I'm planning to work as a nurse in Manitoba. Does anyone here also experienced this kind of struggle as mine? May I know your experience and maybe your advice for us who are in dilemma at this point in time?
Hi @AquariusGemini , have you arrived at a decision yet? I'm undecided on how to proceed and your situation is basically what I am thinking too!