+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino Nurses applying For CNO registration, OSCE preparation and IELTS waive

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Please share your views with regard to the title of this thread.
To start: Regarding the waiving of IELTS requirement...
Ask ko lang sana paano mo pinadala ung letter, 1.) directly from the employer to CNO ba? or 2.) From employer to you then ikaw na ang nagpasa sa CNO office?
And do you have the sample letter for that? thank you very much! :)

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
charkei said:
To those who inbox me about my IELTS here's my reply...

I took the IELTS exam twice sa Global Village but laging bitin yung scores ko. I was depressed and have this forget about nursing mode for a period of time. But then I've heard from friends na pwede daw manghingi nang letter from employer basta lang hindi pa umabot nang two years. It was November 2013 of last week and mag eexpire na yung 2 years ko sa december 16, so dali2x akong nanghingi nang letter from employer stating dun sa letter na in our hospital setting is using English as a medium of communication kahit HINDI. Basta lang malakas kapit mo sa employer mo dati at kung palagi mung dinalalhan nang pagkain yung Chief Nurse nyu ehhh pwede nyu nang ma Char2x yun. hehe, To cut the story short, umabot pa yung letter ko from expiration and January registered na ako at ngayon nababaliw na sa kakahanap nang trabaho dahil walang makuha. By the way, sa pinas pala yung employer ko hindi dito. Pasensya na sa mga nag msg na di ko na reply, at pasensya na rin sa aking essay na walang flow which is the reason na hindi ko ma kuha2x ang writing. Yun lang and thank you!

Hi there! Ask ko lang sana paano mo pinadala ung letter, 1.) directly from the employer to CNO ba? or 2.) From employer to you then ikaw na ang nagpasa sa CNO office?

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
marv114 said:
Magpasked pa lang ako ng OSCE next year. I was just wondering if someone can share tips on how to pass OSCE. And do you know if CNO is doing something to address the issue sa mga IENs na may gaps sa OSCE? Imagine.... 20 mos is fast track na un? Pahirapan masyado and I think it is unfair for us IENs na pahirapan ng ganun.
tama ka marv114, sobrang unfair at sobrang pahirap at sobrang "money producing" ginagawa nila sa mga IENs. I took na CPNRE las Sept 10, and thank God I passed the Exam, pero hindi pa tapos dilemma ko, I still have to prepare for that OSCE... grabeh nga stress na binibigay nila satin, daig mo pa pumasok sa butas ng karayom, kahit napasa mo na lahat ng exams, etoh ang Canada pilit na gumagawa ng iba pang "ma eexam ng candidate! :( ... :'( :-\ :'( :-\

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
theatan said:
Hi there! Ask ko lang sana paano mo pinadala ung letter, 1.) directly from the employer to CNO ba? or 2.) From employer to you then ikaw na ang nagpasa sa CNO office?
@charkei please reply po.. thank you. :)

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
@marv111 etoh ung link right?

http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/registration-requirements/new-language-proficiency-requirements-for-applicants/

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Hi Guys,
I took CPNRE last sept 10, 2014 and luckily I passed the exam. When I received a letter from CNO, they are requiring me to submit language proficiency exam which based on what I have heard pede nmn daw i-waive ang IELTS basta gawa ka lng ng letter of request.. is there anyone who have done this before and succeed?
In addition to this I will be taking my OSCE this coming February 2015, is there anyone who are willing to give some advices, tips and share their experiences in OSCE?
Based on what I have heard in CNOs new ruling, they already considered NCLEX-RN as the examination for their RN applicants. In this case once you have passed the OSCE, you will not required to take NCLEX anymore. I am really hoping to pass the OSCE since it pertains to my case.

KatrinaMichelle

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013 (LC1)
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
August 7, 2014.. :)
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 20, 2014 (received via DHL Sep 3,2014)
LANDED..........
Booked! :) Praise God!
theatan said:
Hi Guys,
I took CPNRE last sept 10, 2014 and luckily I passed the exam. When I received a letter from CNO, they are requiring me to submit language proficiency exam which based on what I have heard pede nmn daw i-waive ang IELTS basta gawa ka lng ng letter of request.. is there anyone who have done this before and succeed?
In addition to this I will be taking my OSCE this coming February 2015, is there anyone who are willing to give some advices, tips and share their experiences in OSCE?
Based on what I have heard in CNOs new ruling, they already considered NCLEX-RN as the examination for their RN applicants. In this case once you have passed the OSCE, you will not required to take NCLEX anymore. I am really hoping to pass the OSCE since it pertains to my case.
Hi. I'm an NCLEX-RN passer too. You need to pass the OSCE so you will not be obliged to take additional courses. If you have passed the NCLEX before, you need not take it anymore, whether or not you pass the OSCE. Failing the OSCE means you need to attend either a 20-month program from York Univ or a 2-3 year course from other universities. I'll be taking the IELTS this Nov. 1. I didn't know one can waive it, but I'm paid already, so I'm taking it anyway. Tell us about your experience with OSCE once you're through with it. Good luck and God bless!

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Hi @katrinamichelle thanks for your reply. San state ka nag exam? Good luck sa ielts mo. :) anyway kung may kakilala ka na nag take na ng osce bka nmn pede patulong for the reviews and tips.. thank you!! :)

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
narscathy said:
hi theatan,

when ang osce mo? ako sa jan 2015 na .kakapasa ko lang din ng cprne nung sept 10.san ka nga pala ngayon located?
Hi narscathy,

Sa feb nmn osce ko...dito lng ako downtown how about you?

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Joram14 said:
Hi Theatan,

I attended an in-class review at NEI in bathurst and wilson. If you want to self-study by attending HFO seminar to have an idea of the exam. Also, read the entry-level practice and jurisprudence docs of CNO. For the P.E., you can check youtube for system-by-system assessment and try to summarize it for 7 mins like in the actual exam.

Here are some guidelines from CEHPEA:

History and Data Collection
Physical Examination
Communication Skills
Planning
Competent Professional Practice
Safe Practice
Ethical Practice
Collaboration
Evaluation
@Joram14

Hi thanks for the info joram14,

Pede ko ba malaman contact number ng NEI and what does it stands for? Ty so much...

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
@joram14,
You think worth naman na mag review center? Ano ano ang natutunAn mo na wala sa pag se-self review? Thanks so much ulit! :)

narscathy

Nov 25, 2009
I'm scheduled for January 2015 osce. Di pako nagsisimula magreview sa totoo lang panu full time work ko then dalawa pa.. Anyway, isang buwan langg pala difference ng osce natin @Theatan.

;D ;D

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
narscathy said:
I'm scheduled for January 2015 osce. Di pako nagsisimula magreview sa totoo lang panu full time work ko then dalawa pa.. Anyway, isang buwan langg pala difference ng osce natin @ Theatan.

;D ;D
Hi narscathy,
uu nga gudluck nmn saten! May idea kaba kung anong book materials ang dapat review hin? Ask natin si @joram14 kung paano ba natin maipapasa ang osce... :( :( :(

narscathy

Nov 25, 2009
Sinabi na ni joram yan thetan sa Ibang thread and it will be redudundant to ask her again. Baka nakulitan na sya sa mga nagtatanong. I know that it will be a good idea to ask for someone else idea after their Osce but most of them won't squeal the content of their case scenarios I think. So sariling sikap na lang tayo nito mag aral. Haha

;D ;) ;D

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Totoo yan narscathy, they won't tell...
actually kung tutuusin naaral mo na lahat..
all you wanna know is how does the actual exam goes...kung sana sino po pede magkwento kung ano ang experiences nila during the exam, it is highly appreciated.
It would be a big help for the future examiners.
We are not asking for the actual questions. Just your experiences and tips (maybe). Thank you in advance for those who are willing to share. ;) :D ;) :D