+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino living overseas - Police cert with fingerprint?

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi all,

We live in Japan, received ITA and now in the process of gathering the documents.

My partner (common in law) is Filipino and asked to provide police certificate of clearance from the Philippines (NBI).

1. As required, she went to Philippines Embassy in Japan and took fingerprint for identification. Philippines police department later issued the NBI document, however there is no fingerprint/dry seal on it (as required by IRCC).

2. We called NBI in the Philippines and they do not want to put the fingerprint on the document, because my partner is not living in the Philippines. They said we either can do the fingerprint ourselves (which I believe is just wrong) or go the Philippines Embassy in Japan.

So we went back to the Philippines Embassy and apparently, they are not allowed to put the fingerprint on the document. Only solution we were given: write an affidavit explaining why we can't have a fingerprint on the police cert, get it notarized at the Embassy, get a fingerprint on a separate piece of paper and submit all this with the police certificate we have (not having the fingerprint/seal).

Any Filipino leaving overseas out there who had the same issue? How have you proceeded and did it work for you?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Last edited:

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Hi all,

We live in Japan, received ITA and now in the process of gathering the documents.

My partner (common in law) is Filipino and asked to provide police certificate of clearance from the Philippines (NBI).

1. As required, she went to Philippines Embassy in Japan and took fingerprint for identification. Philippines police department later issued the NBI document, however there is no fingerprint/dry seal on it (as required by IRCC).

2. We called NBI in the Philippines and they do not want to put the fingerprint on the document, because my partner is not living in the Philippines. They said we either can do the fingerprint ourselves (which I believe is just wrong) or go the Philippines Embassy in Japan.

So we went back to the Philippines Embassy and apparently, they are not allowed to put the fingerprint on the document. Only solution we were given: write an affidavit explaining why we can't have a fingerprint on the police cert, get it notarized at the Embassy, get a fingerprint on a separate piece of paper and submit all this with the police certificate we have (not having the fingerprint/seal).

Any Filipino leaving overseas out there who had the same issue? How have you proceeded and did it work for you?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Did you get your PCC sorted. I am non -filipino but I require a PCC from Philippines as I stayed there for more than 6 months.

Can you help me with the process.

Thanks

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi Matt,

Did you get your PCC sorted. I am non -filipino but I require a PCC from Philippines as I stayed there for more than 6 months.

Can you help me with the process.

Thanks
Hi,

Yes we get it sorted. We contacted the NBI office and they said the official process is for us to affix the thumbprint on the certificate, ourselves, after we receive it. So we bought a black ink pad and got it done ourselves.

Hope this helps.

Kim_kabayan

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Doc's Request.
22-12-2017
Nomination.....
10-08-2018
AOR Received.
oct 19 2018
Passport Req..
11-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2019
hi,
it means we can add the signature and thumbprint ourselves?
but how about the dry seal?
thanks