+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino CPAs to Canada, What are your plans?

ladysupreme

Jan 15, 2014
Andy83 said:
Here's an update, aside from the transcript and third party evaluation (IQAS), CPA Alberta also requested a Certificate of Good Standing from PICPA, a copy of the board rating from PRC should be in a sealed enveloped, and resume with all the details relating to work experience and education.
Thanks Andy83 for the update :)

orm06

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
Nomination.....
29-05-2015
Andy83 said:
Hi Ladysupreme, I just did. I requested from my school a copy of my Transcript to be sent directly to CPA Western School of Business for initial assessment, and also I requested anoher Transcript and Diploma (authenticated copy only not the original) for IQAS wherein the results are to be sent directly to CPA Western School of Business. The process is so tedious and costly because you have to pay CPAWSB and IQAS. Pero ganun talaga!

I don't have the results yet because it usually takes weeks daw to process.

By the way you can email them directly, nagrereply naman sila agad. :D God Bless.
Hi,
Did you have your diploma authenticated by DFA? I'm thinking of having it notarized na lang coz i read on IQAS' website that they will only accept certified/notarized copies, this will save more time. Has anyone tried sending notarized copies of diploma to IQAS? DFA authentication will take me three weeks kasi.

thanks!

Andy83

Jul 28, 2014
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2015
Med's Request
13-05-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015 submitted to CEM 04-06-2015
Passport Req..
26-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-05-2016
orm06 said:
Hi,
Did you have your diploma authenticated by DFA? I'm thinking of having it notarized na lang coz i read on IQAS' website that they will only accept certified/notarized copies, this will save more time. Has anyone tried sending notarized copies of diploma to IQAS? DFA authentication will take me three weeks kasi.

thanks!

No, I did not since hndi naman required.

northernsky

Aug 13, 2016
Hi Scout

Tanong lang po, directly ka ba nagsubmit ng TOR mo sa UBC and hindi na gumamit ng assessment agency like WES or IQAS?
I'm currently working sa Singapore as Finance Lead, pero Management graduate sa Pinas. Gusto ko sana ipursue na maging CPA and still undecided kung dito ba sa SG or sa Canada ako mag aaral.

Nag check ako sa SAIT, under Diploma in Business Admin, kailangan ng assessment from WES and if tama ung pagkakaintindi ko, hindi lahat ay credited ng CPA Canada.

I've read your post, and gusto ko din icheck UBC DAP if qualified ako to apply for the course, kaso laking gastos kung both SAIT and UBC eh mag susubmit ng assessment to WES.

Thank you!

Scout said:
Opo, yung full 11 courses. Hoping to finish it in a year. Plus mga 3-5 subjects para makapasok sa CPA PEP. Nakakuha na rin ako ng student loan at umaasang mabigyan ng entrance scholarship mula UBC.

Sep 2, 2016
Hi po. CPA po ako dito sa pinas and currently working. plano po ko kasi mag migrate sa canada "Alberta". pwede po ba ako magpaasses kahit nasa pinas pa ako??

Thank you so much

Andy83

Jul 28, 2014
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2015
Med's Request
13-05-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
26-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-05-2016
Hi everyone!

After more than 3months I finally got the results of my pre-admission assessment from CPA Western School of Business as CPA Alberta applicant.

"Based on the assessment of your international credentials and prior practical experience you are eligible to begin CPA PEP as follows:
 Challenge and pass the examinations of Core 1 and Core 2 modules
 Challenge and pass the examinations of two Elective modules
 Complete and pass Capstone 1 module and presentation
 Complete and pass Capstone 2 module
 Complete and pass the Common Final Examination (CFE)
 Complete 30 months of prescribed practical experience"

This is after submitting all the required documents which I must say "a lot" since they required documents relating to post-secondary education, letter of good standing from PICPA, board rating from PRC, IPEV from previous employers, PERT... so for anyone who is planning to migrate, be prepared!

feC@t

Sep 19, 2016
Hi!

New here in this furom.,cpa din po ako dito sa pinas, planning to go to canada, sino po dito from edmonton, alberta canada? as i heard every state has its different requirements. Anu po ba mga requirements sa Edmonton kung plano kung mag-aral for CPA or accounting related courses/certifications?

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Andy83 said:
Hi everyone!

After more than 3months I finally got the results of my pre-admission assessment from CPA Western School of Business as CPA Alberta applicant.

"Based on the assessment of your international credentials and prior practical experience you are eligible to begin CPA PEP as follows:

This is after submitting all the required documents which I must say "a lot" since they required documents relating to post-secondary education, letter of good standing from PICPA, board rating from PRC, IPEV from previous employers, PERT... so for anyone who is planning to migrate, be prepared!
WOW! Very clear pala yung assessment nila. Goodluck!!!!

ladysupreme

Jan 15, 2014
Hi Andy83 :) How's your preparation? May online review ba?

Andy83 said:
Hi everyone!

Andy83

Jul 28, 2014
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2015
Med's Request
13-05-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
26-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-05-2016
As of now wala pa ko nasisimulan aside from registering for admission and paying cad$900 for initial registration. According to them no modules will be provided if I opted the challenge exam as compared to taking the full modules.. By the way, here's another update after I inquire if there's any limit of taking the challenge exam..

"Candidates with a challenge exam are allowed one attempt at the exam. If they do not pass on their first attempt then they must take the full module before they can take the exam again."

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
What is Capstone?

loveca13

Oct 2, 2016
hello po sa lahat

Please help po. Di ko po kasi alam kung saang thread ko ito itatanong, Nag-apply ako ng ECA sa WES, pero ung payment kc na nilagay ko is ung Western Union, pero nung mag fill up na po ako sa form, hinahanapan naman ako ng Bank account? Pano po ba yun? meron na po bang nagbayad sa inyo thru western union?
Ano po ba pinakamagandang gawin sa pagbabayad sa WES..

Thank you po sa lahat. Pls help po

tintinsam

Sep 10, 2016
Hello po,

anyone here from Toronto who tried to challenge the exam? Nagsisimula palang ako magcollect ng requirements ko for assessment and my workmate here informed me na pwede na daw ako magchallenge ng exam para di ko na i-take yung module.

tintinsam

Sep 10, 2016
Paano po kayo kumuha ng prc board rating at cpa certificate? hindi ko kasi sya nagawa before ako umalis ng pinas so medyo hassle. i asked my boyfriend to call prc kaso walang sumasagot daw kahit anong line. ano mga requirements kapag representative lang? ;D

Goodluck sa ating lahat. ;D

ladysupreme

Jan 15, 2014
Andy83 said:
As of now wala pa ko nasisimulan aside from registering for admission and paying cad$900 for initial registration. According to them no modules will be provided if I opted the challenge exam as compared to taking the full modules.. By the way, here's another update after I inquire if there's any limit of taking the challenge exam..

"Candidates with a challenge exam are allowed one attempt at the exam. If they do not pass on their first attempt then they must take the full module before they can take the exam again."
Thank you Andy83 Goodluck and God bless. I have not yet received the assessment from CPA Alberta School of Business.