+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino CPAs to Canada, What are your plans?

april605

Nov 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
are there any cpa turned cga here from BC? I just want to have some views regarding the assessment process in BC and would like to know if there are government funded bridging programs available in the area. PLease share your experience :) THanks

ritaritzie

Star Member
Feb 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2014
Nomination.....
CC Charged - January 16, 2015
april605 said:
are there any cpa turned cga here from BC? I just want to have some views regarding the assessment process in BC and would like to know if there are government funded bridging programs available in the area. PLease share your experience :) THanks
Hi april605...you can also join FB group...http://www.facebook.com/groups/272129446192077/

meron dun member name nya is Belle David..She's a student in CGA-BC now..actually BC din kami magland and parehas kami ng hubby ko na CPA...and Belle is so kind enough to answer your queries....through her i was able to know the starting point while here pa sa Phils....kasi I really want to pursue din CGA when I land in Canada next year....

choudhri

Apr 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
11/07/2011
Hi Blue Lagoon

I am planning to start either CMA or CGA in coming months. I am bit confused from the feed back i heard from both the bodies. I really appreciate if you can advise me based on two below facts that which program will be more feasible and short for me.

1. I got 6 courses exemption in CGA + allowed for 2 courses challenge exam

2. CMA is allowing me to enroll in their accelerated program

BR

anata

Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-10
Doc's Request.
29-09-10
AOR Received.
14-01-11
Med's Request
07-03-12
Med's Done....
20-04/29-05/03-07-12
Passport Req..
17-09-12
pfcastelo said:
I got 15 courses exempted. I just need 2 courses for the advance studies and 4 courses for the certification studies. I will be enrolling this winter semester at ryerson to take my tax courses using the OBPAP bursar program and probably squeeze in some accounting subjects for a reviewer course before enrolling in the spring/fall term of the CGA program.

I graduated in 2003 and my first accounting subjects were taken in 1999. I provided CGA with my transcript, diploma, CPA board exam score, PRC diploma, resume, PICPA certificate of good standing. Try to include any accounting trainings you have. CGA-Ontario is accepting certified true copies. Just verify if they will accept CTC f it was certified in the Philippines because we have them certified here in Toronto. I did not submit course description anymore. Just a tip, wala na kaming nilagay na courses that we are asking for exemption. We left if blank.
PF, magkano ang binayad mo sa pag transfer ng credit? 385CAD na ba? at ano mas okay, pagdating na jan mag pa assess o bago pa kami pumunta jan mag pa assess na?

pfcastelo

Sep 28, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
26-11-2010
Med's Request
12-10-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
01-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2012
LANDED..........
30-07-2012
anata said:
PF, magkano ang binayad mo sa pag transfer ng credit? 385CAD na ba? at ano mas okay, pagdating na jan mag pa assess o bago pa kami pumunta jan mag pa assess na?
Hi Anata,

I got the assessment for free. If you will be landing in Ontario, much better kung dito ka na mag pa transfer of credits kasi may 1 year validity lang siya and I will refer you to an organization that helps in the CGA assessment. You just need the following:

1. Original TOR
2. Original Diploma
3. Resume
4. CLB Assessment (Language Assessment)
5. Certificate of Good Standing from PICPA
6. Resume

You need the original para mapa notarize mo dito. CGA accepts notaraized copies as long as it was notarized in Canada.

anata

Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-10
Doc's Request.
29-09-10
AOR Received.
14-01-11
Med's Request
07-03-12
Med's Done....
20-04/29-05/03-07-12
Passport Req..
17-09-12
pfcastelo said:
Hi Anata,

I got the assessment for free. If you will be landing in Ontario, much better kung dito ka na mag pa transfer of credits kasi may 1 year validity lang siya and I will refer you to an organization that helps in the CGA assessment. You just need the following:

1. Original TOR
2. Original Diploma
3. Resume
6. Resume

You need the original para mapa notarize mo dito. CGA accepts notaraized copies as long as it was notarized in Canada.
Cge, salamat! Nag inquire kasi ako ang mahal ng assessment or transfer of credits.. 385 plus HST ang fee..
We plan to land sometime in January or March (depende if ma-transfer ako)..
Btw, where can I get the CLB Assessment? Nasa Toronto ka rin ba?

pfcastelo

Sep 28, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
26-11-2010
Med's Request
12-10-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
01-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2012
LANDED..........
30-07-2012
anata said:
Cge, salamat! Nag inquire kasi ako ang mahal ng assessment or transfer of credits.. 385 plus HST ang fee..
We plan to land sometime in January or March (depende if ma-transfer ako)..
Btw, where can I get the CLB Assessment? Nasa Toronto ka rin ba?
For the CLB assessment, you can get it here once you land. Free naman cya.

marilyn79

Nov 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pfcastelo said:
Hi Anata,

1. Original TOR
2. Original Diploma
3. Resume
6. Resume

Salamat naman sir, at nasagot rin yong mga tanong ko :) 1st time ko lang nag join sa forum na to :) I mean magregister at magpost :) Nag lu-lurk lang kc ako :)

IanneDC

Nov 19, 2012
blue lagoon said:
For all filipino cpas who wants to come to canada or already landed, I wish you good luck!! Canada is a nice place to live and raise a family. You will experience hardship in finding a job you like but at the end is always a happy ending. Grab every opportunity that comes to earn canadian experience and pursue academic upgrading in accounting designation. You may experienced delivering pizza or washing the toilets but later on you will land that coveted accounting job that you like. As I have said before, work hard but don't lose faith. My own experience was a long road before I've got my accounting designation. The golden rule is "don't expect to much".
Hi blue lagoon,

I'm a Filipino CPA and want to get my license here in Canada. Can you advise me on what to do?

rachelD

Nov 20, 2012
Hello,

ive been following this thread and learned a lot. im also a cpa here in the philippines and im planning to migrate to Canada. I worked at kpmg for three years and will be working for Ernst and young qatar. i want to take CA and im wondering if my experience in the big four as external auditor will be qualified as exemption for 3years of CATO.

Thanks and appreciate if you can help
me

jaz11

Nov 23, 2012
hi everyone.. ;D

anybody knows how to become a member of picpa-calgary? I'm here at calgary. I passed the CPA licensure exam in the philippines last May and currently taking courses towards CGA designation.

also, I would appreciate it if someone can shed ideas that can help me find a job related to the field of accounting. I'm quite confused now. I've been trying to search online for job postings (accounting/AP/AR/office clerk) but most of them requires experience, which I dont have since I left the Philippines as a fresh graduate. I worked in a survival/transitional job here at calgary for almost 2yrs now just to earn and pay bills. I am thinking of going back to school and earn a certificate, but im still weighing things because it would mean lesser time for work and more money to spent for tuition fees. any suggestion?

Big Mike

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, i recently got my CGA-Alberta transcript evaluation and I got 15 courses with CGA Degree requirement completed. Puro advanced 2 PACE level ska ung 2 pa na naiwan around 5 more courses to go plus 4 exams may Challenge exam din ako.

Kaso ung evaluation has a specific expiry date which is june of 2013. Do I need to enroll in a CGA course eh kaso sa July 2013 pa dating namin. I've checked din with the online courses na I need to take sa Advance Level e.g. TX1 kaso I have to write an exam and the dates are before I land..

Has anyone requested for a re-evaluation of their transcript assessment ( due to expiry)? anyone know the requirements for the re-evaluation or is it the same as the ones we submitted when we first requested for a transcript evaluation?

thanks
BM

iamcherrie

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
next week!!
Hi Big Mike,

Congrats sau, ang dami mo nacredit n courses.. I wish ganun din ako.. Matagal ba ung assessment?
I have my documents ready to send na to CGA AB also.. Panu ka nagstart? Pasensya kana kung marami ako tanong ha?
Ngcreate ka din ba ng CGA profile sa website nila?

Here's my list, can you kindly check if my kulang sa dox ko?

Certified True Copies of my TOR (stamped and signed by the Iniversity registrar)
Certified True copies of the 2 bachelor degrees conferred to me (also (stamped and signed by the Iniversity registrar)
PRC Certification of being a CPA board passer
PICPA Certification of Good Standing
Resume (I graduated 2006 and some of my accounting courses were taken 10 years ago)

need ko pa ba ng cert of trainings, mga ganun?
the evaluation is for 99CAD, how did you pay? Can you kindly advise me?
Thanks a lot BM.. and Godbless.. :D

shalomshalom

Nov 28, 2012
Hello BM

congrats...akala ko di nag-aassess ang CGA pag di pa landed sa Canada...

cheers

Big Mike said:
Hello, i recently got my CGA-Alberta transcript evaluation and I got 15 courses with CGA Degree requirement completed. Puro advanced 2 PACE level ska ung 2 pa na naiwan around 5 more courses to go plus 4 exams may Challenge exam din ako.

Kaso ung evaluation has a specific expiry date which is june of 2013. Do I need to enroll in a CGA course eh kaso sa July 2013 pa dating namin. I've checked din with the online courses na I need to take sa Advance Level e.g. TX1 kaso I have to write an exam and the dates are before I land..

Has anyone requested for a re-evaluation of their transcript assessment ( due to expiry)? anyone know the requirements for the re-evaluation or is it the same as the ones we submitted when we first requested for a transcript evaluation?

thanks
BM