+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino CPAs to Canada, What are your plans?

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
Hello fellow CPAs! For those Filipino CPAs who are already in Calgary or who are coming to Calgary, you might want to join PICPA- Calgary Chapter.

PICPA-Calgary was formed to gather all FIlipino CPAs who are now living in Calgary, AB into one group to help each other and work towards the realization of the professional goals and aspirations shared by every Filipino CPA living abroad.
By joining the chapter, one gets the chance to be reinstated as a Member of Good Standing of the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), bring one’s educational and professional qualifications at par with global standards thru Continuing Professional Education (CPE), be updated with the latest development and happenings in the field and practice of Accountancy, and broaden one’s professional and social networks.
For more information, you may access the PICPA-Calgary Chapter website at http://picpa-calgary.org.

Thanks!

BZ Mom

jho111

Sep 2, 2010
North York, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
1111; 1231
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-10
Doc's Request.
30-07-10; sent full docs 16-11-10
AOR Received.
05-01-11
IELTS Request
done 31-07-10
Med's Request
21-11-11
Med's Done....
12-12-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-02-12, sent 21-02-12
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-12, rec'd 30-03-12
LANDED..........
11-09-12, To God be the glory!!!
BZ Mom said:
Hello fellow CPAs! For those Filipino CPAs who are already in Calgary or who are coming to Calgary, you might want to join PICPA- Calgary Chapter.

PICPA-Calgary was formed to gather all FIlipino CPAs who are now living in Calgary, AB into one group to help each other and work towards the realization of the professional goals and aspirations shared by every Filipino CPA living abroad.
By joining the chapter, one gets the chance to be reinstated as a Member of Good Standing of the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), bring one's educational and professional qualifications at par with global standards thru Continuing Professional Education (CPE), be updated with the latest development and happenings in the field and practice of Accountancy, and broaden one's professional and social networks.
For more information, you may access the PICPA-Calgary Chapter website at http://picpa-calgary.org.

Thanks!

BZ Mom
very informative post.. +1 for u, BZ Mom.. i wonder if there's picpa org in SK too.. sana po meron. ;D

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
jho111 said:
very informative post.. +1 for u, BZ Mom.. i wonder if there's picpa org in SK too.. sana po meron. ;D
Thanks for your feedback, jho111. I don't think there's one in SK yet. PICPA-Calgary was formed through the efforts of the Filipino CPAs in Calgary. We are affiliated with PICPA-Vancouver, PICPA International and PICPA National.

jho111

Sep 2, 2010
North York, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
1111; 1231
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-10
Doc's Request.
30-07-10; sent full docs 16-11-10
AOR Received.
05-01-11
IELTS Request
done 31-07-10
Med's Request
21-11-11
Med's Done....
12-12-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-02-12, sent 21-02-12
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-12, rec'd 30-03-12
LANDED..........
11-09-12, To God be the glory!!!
BZ Mom said:
Thanks for your feedback, jho111. I don't think there's one in SK yet. PICPA-Calgary was formed through the efforts of the Filipino CPAs in Calgary. We are affiliated with PICPA-Vancouver, PICPA International and PICPA National.
oh i see..anyways, it's a great thing to know there's an org in calgary, but i hope they can set up a satellite in SK for fellow picpans too in the future.. :D

Big Mike

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BZ Mom said:

By joining the chapter, one gets the chance to be reinstated as a Member of Good Standing of the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), bring one's educational and professional qualifications at par with global standards thru Continuing Professional Education (CPE), be updated with the latest development and happenings in the field and practice of Accountancy, and broaden one's professional and social networks.

Thanks!

BZ Mom
Hi,
Ask ko lang kasi nag-return ung email ko sa site, duno what happened would you have any other email I can contact for membership details.

Thanks!

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
Hi Big Mike,

I sent you an e-mail...

Thanks!

pfcastelo

Sep 28, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
26-11-2010
Med's Request
12-10-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
01-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2012
LANDED..........
30-07-2012
May PICPA-Ontario po ba?

ritaritzie

Star Member
Feb 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2014
Nomination.....
CC Charged - January 16, 2015
Hello..napadpad lang ako sa thread na ito dito sa forum....I am also a CPA here in the Philippines. As I read almost all comments at naging mixed emotions ako...as i am still waiting for PPR and i was scheduled for an interview this June 27. At this moment, excited pa kasi landing in canada is already within my reach. Though I'm aware of those facts re: Canadian Certification required before i decided to apply as immigrant in Canada. On the otherside, medyo kinakabahan na ako at nalulungkot sa mga stories shared in this forum. Maybe I am dreaming things beyond real picture of Canada. or optimistic lang ako about canada life or kailangan ko ng iuntog ang sarili ko pra matauhan na..heheheheh....Now I am becoming emotional to look back if tama nga ba itong landas na gusto kong puntahan...hehehe....I am accountant for almost 11 years but soon to be back to nothing?....well..that'w what we called moving out from comfort zone to courage zone. I am leaning on my faith that God shelling out His blessings that my canada dream will be soon accomplished therefore He will continue His guidance towards His big plans for me. Maybe this is one of his great plan... I don't know what life may canada brings me..but for family's sake for better or for worst Canada here I come. enough for emo...I've notice here mostly from ontario/toronto. anyone here from vancouver? What are the programs or path ways you can suggest?...I have initial assessment from CGA thru online but i do not know how this will work. You might have some tips for me or things to prepare while still here in the Philippines to get Canadian Certification? thanx and God Bless to all...

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
pfcastelo said:
May PICPA-Ontario po ba?
Not sure... PICPA Vancouver lang ang alam ko.

anniedxb

Mar 22, 2011
Hi Fellow CPAs,
been a silent follower sa thread na ito. na-inspire ako sa mga sharings dito. and so i thought, kakalimutan ko na ang aking career pagdating sa canada..(i'm one of those na handang-handang magpakabusabos..hehe)..nag-iba ang ihip ng hangin dahil sa inyo. nagkaroon ako ng driving force to upgrade myself instead....gusto ko ding magkaroon ng certification sa canada at CGA ang aking pinag-iisipang i-pursue.

i'm currently working in dubai, nag-aantay ng PPR. London VO ako. While waiting, gusto ko na ding magpa-assess ng qualification sa CGA-Alberta (sa Alberta kasi ang plano kong mag-settle if ever). nag-back reading na ako dito at very helpful ang mga tips dito. lubus-lubusin ko na, pwede po ba akong magtanong kung anong steps/requirement ang kelangan ng CGA-Alberta? I'm going on vacation this july 2012 para asikasuhin ko din ang mga requirements sa school/prc/picpa.

thanks a lot! :)

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
anniedxb said:
Hi Fellow CPAs,
been a silent follower sa thread na ito. na-inspire ako sa mga sharings dito. and so i thought, kakalimutan ko na ang aking career pagdating sa canada..(i'm one of those na handang-handang magpakabusabos..hehe)..nag-iba ang ihip ng hangin dahil sa inyo. nagkaroon ako ng driving force to upgrade myself instead....gusto ko ding magkaroon ng certification sa canada at CGA ang aking pinag-iisipang i-pursue.

i'm currently working in dubai, nag-aantay ng PPR. London VO ako. While waiting, gusto ko na ding magpa-assess ng qualification sa CGA-Alberta (sa Alberta kasi ang plano kong mag-settle if ever). nag-back reading na ako dito at very helpful ang mga tips dito. lubus-lubusin ko na, pwede po ba akong magtanong kung anong steps/requirement ang kelangan ng CGA-Alberta? I'm going on vacation this july 2012 para asikasuhin ko din ang mga requirements sa school/prc/picpa.

thanks a lot! :)
You can visit this webpage: https://www.cga-alberta.org/cps/rde/xchg/cgaab/hs.xsl/218.htm

I am not sure kung pwede ka na magpa-assess because one of the requirements is that you should be a resident of Alberta. When you go on vacation, asikasuhin mo na rin yung PICPA membership mo. CGA Alberta requires a certificate of good standing from PICPA so you can get credits for being a CPA in the Philippines.

anniedxb

Mar 22, 2011
thanks BZmom!
mukhang madami pa nga akong kelangang asikasuhin.
i-ready ko muna lahat ng mga requirements then madali na lang siguro pa-assess afterwards.
salamat ulit. :)

carladavid16

Jan 25, 2011
mr.patrick said:
Im not sure about the requirements, but Im sure you will just have to take taxation1, bc2, 2 electives, 2 pace level then "bwala" your a CGA. i forgot u also need "the 2 years of experience". Im sure because i know 2 fresh cpa who were assessed recently... but for the not so fresh cpas i duno... hope your wait of one year is worth it (coincidence?) anyway I just write Taxation 1. God help me! Kelangan pang magintay ng 2 mos!
:D :D :D

I just got my assessment results at CGA-Toronto. True po na BC2, Taxation 1, 2 Electives and 2 Pace level na lang po ang kukunin ko. thank God makakapag-aral na by September this year. Saka ko na lang iisipin kung papaano makakakuha ng 2 years of experience. Salamat sa forum na ito. I will post po sa mga updates.

Sa mga mag-papaassess pa lang, just submit po lahat ng requirements nila. Diploma, Transcript, CPA Board Grades, Letter from PICPA. Good luck po sa atin..